Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Polishing Limbo

Flackenstien

Limbo is actually alot better than many players give him credit for. He's good at tearing down oncoming crowds of enemies with AOE weapons, using Cataclysm and Rift Surge for massive damage boosts. He can avoid any enemies he wants, regardless if it's 1 or two of them, or up to all of them.   

That said, Limbo is definitely not perfect. Here are Limbo's Pros and Cons, as I see them, aswell as my suggestions to improve his kit.

BANISH
Pros:
● Good control of specific enemy units.  
● Decent knockdown.  
● Relatively nice damage.
● Useful ally protection, especially for things like Rescue.  

Cons:
● Repetitive use is rather costly.  
● Is really only a playstyle enabler, which is fine.

Suggestions:
● Banish now has its Energy cost halved while within the Rift.
● Haven Augment now has a small Heal over time after the initial 25% heal, giving players an incentive to stay Banished.  

RIFT WALK
Pros:
● Good protection.
● Works well with banish to single out enemies.  
● Good Energy regen, from the Rift.  
● Nice Speed boost, from the Rift.
● Cancellable.

Cons:
● Takes affect too late into its cast animation, leading to many avoidable deaths.
● Could've been part of Banish, giving Limbo another Ability, but it's not really a big deal.

Suggestions:
● Rift Walk now puts Limbo into the Rift a few animation frames sooner, rather than at the end of the animation.  

RIFT SURGE
Pros:
● Nice damage boost.

Cons:
● No Crowd Control/Utility.  
● Cannot be recast.  

Suggestions:
● Rift Surge now momentarily stuns enemies that are within the Rift, or that enter the Rift within a few seconds after the activation of Rift Surge.  
● Rift Surge now makes the Rift a bit unstable, causing small objects to phase into the Rift. This allows allies in the Rift to receive pick-ups, aswell as carry objects through the Rift. (Carrying objects could cause a small Energy Drain on Limbo to balance it.)  
● Can now be recast while active, resetting the Duration and unleashing another stun.  

CATACLYSM
Pros:
● Can be cast anywhere from basically any range.
● Good crowd dispersal/control.  
● Can be a good improvised defense.  

Cons:
● Running enemies escape the bubble too easily on missions like Defense or Survival.
● Mediocre augment, in my opinion.  

Suggestions:
● Cataclysm's Augment now also Slows enemies, which stacks with each kill within Cataclysm.

STATS
Cons:
● Limbo is a bit more fragile than he deserves. While he can control what enemies he fights, he still has to fight them within the Rift.  

Suggestions:
● While within the Rift, Limbo's Shield now doubles from 75 to 150.  
● The eventual Limbo Prime's Shields are increased to 100, which double to 200 within the Rift.  
● Limbo Prime's Energy could also be 175-200, further helping with his need to constantly reuse Abilities like Banish and Cataclysm.  

I might have more to add, but it's time for work. Please be sure to leave your opinions about my suggestions.

Edited by Flackenstien

• 3 weeks later...

This is very good limbo was the first warframe that i saw and said ''I WANT I WANT I WAANT WANT''but i realized he has some real problems even if your a pro with him. and soloing is not very fun but limbo is better solo.

However i think the 3rd ability should be replaced with something else. Such as rift pocket. Where he summons rift pockets arounds him (not exactly random though) similar in upgrade to nova null star meaning it increases more and does more damage etc. Now these would look like the portals from portal but of course his energy color. and if a enemy walks through one then 1 of 2 things happen depending on everyones choice (if this thread gets the attention it deserves) 1 of which being they close in and damage enemy and dismembers them if they are killed. this could have elemental effects if you shoot them with a gun that has a elemental effect once. Or 2 which is they are simply sent into the rift and when touching the portal they take some OK damage but not as good as the 1st one.

• 1 month later...
On ‎24‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 1:27 PM, (PS4)IoxDexon said:

This is very good limbo was the first warframe that i saw and said ''I WANT I WANT I WAANT WANT''but i realized he has some real problems even if your a pro with him. and soloing is not very fun but limbo is better solo.

However i think the 3rd ability should be replaced with something else. Such as rift pocket. Where he summons rift pockets arounds him (not exactly random though) similar in upgrade to nova null star meaning it increases more and does more damage etc. Now these would look like the portals from portal but of course his energy color. and if a enemy walks through one then 1 of 2 things happen depending on everyones choice (if this thread gets the attention it deserves) 1 of which being they close in and damage enemy and dismembers them if they are killed. this could have elemental effects if you shoot them with a gun that has a elemental effect once. Or 2 which is they are simply sent into the rift and when touching the portal they take some OK damage but not as good as the 1st one.

I got lost at the "similar in upgrade to null star meaning it increases more and does more damage etc." part.. lost on the rest as well.

Pretty sure null star doesn't 'increase more and does more damage'?