Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

pc shut-down while playing this game

Mistyclown

Question

8 answers to this question

Sounds like a hardware issue, like you're overheating or some part (likely the power supply) is about to fail.

I'd start by cleaning out the insides with a can of compressed air, check all the fans (especially the CPU fan and any fans that might be on the graphics card) and make sure they're working and nothing is tangled in them. Finally, If you're still having problems and it's been a couple of years since you last done it, you might see about putting a fresh coat of thermal paste on your CPU.

Other things to look for are driver crashes and possible issues with the power supply. All depends on the hardware you're using. If your video driver crashes, often times the computer will either black screen, or shut off completely. Normally it would display a error message, but you dont have a video driver :P 

On the other hand, your power supply could be going bad. If it dips below a certain voltage your motherboard can cause the computer to simply turn off immediately in order to protect the components. 

My poor old radeon 5870 died just a couple months ago, instantly after u18.2 I think.   All of a sudden, Warframe would freeze, and then I'm watching my computer reboot.  I don't know EXACTLY what killed my card, but that was it.  Ah well, she lasted me from 2009 to now, so it was $600 well-spent.

Other games started dying as well, even Minecraft would bluescreen my system.  It was realizing that Hitman and Minecraft both crashed my rig within 5 minutes of starting that I knew it was a component failure, and not a bad Warframe update.  Temp profiles were all acceptable, but event viewer pointed to a lot of video errors.

$200 later, I have a new graphics card, and Warframe runs fantastically.  Lots of other stuff, too, but now, I truly am cpu-bound.  I think my Xmas present this year will be an AMD Zen compatible mobo.

before 2 -3 hours of playing is the limit even its overheating but it wont shut-down. But now I am playing about 45 minutes its start to lag, eventually shut-down.

due to increasing game content my hardware cant keep up. I also plug a keyboard (more energy drain of my laptop = quick overheat) because some of my laptop key malfunction.

Edited by Mistyclown