Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crits secondary

Russian_Potato32

Question

10 answers to this question

Lex Prime and Spira Prime are very viable for crits, but generally 15% crit chance and 2x crit damage is enough for a secondary to be viable with crits.

This is only if you have at least ONE of the Primed crit mods though (preferably for Crit Chance)

2 hours ago, Trichouette said:

Lex prime

Maybe spira prime but I've no idea if it's viable.

Spira Prime actually has an even higher crit chance than Lex Prime. Its only real downside is the lower base damage. So yeah, its great for crit builds.

2 hours ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Lex Prime and Spira Prime are very viable for crits, but generally 15% crit chance and 2x crit damage is enough for a secondary to be viable with crits.

This is only if you have at least ONE of the Primed crit mods though (preferably for Crit Chance)

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree, although I know where you're coming from. The difference between a max Primed Crit Chance for pistol compared to the respective normal Crit Chance mod is 187% vs 120%, which is only a little over 50% increased multiplier. The difference between a max Prime Crit Damage and a normal Crit Damage mod is 110% vs 60%, which is nearly twice as effective. 

12 minutes ago, Blazer-X said:

Spira Prime actually has an even higher crit chance than Lex Prime. Its only real downside is the lower base damage. So yeah, its great for crit builds.

This is why I said "no idea if it's viable", because of the low base damage.

High crit rate & high crit multiplier is great, but if the base damage are poop it's not that amazing. Poop multiplied by 2.5 is still poop :D

2 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

This is why I said "no idea if it's viable", because of the low base damage.

High crit rate & high crit multiplier is great, but if the base damage are poop it's not that amazing. Poop multiplied by 2.5 is still poop :D

It does have fire rate and reload speed going for it. On Warframe builder, its sustained DPS is just slightly below that of Lex Prime, while above that of Vaykor Marelok. And in practice, I constantly hit at least 5-6k per knife while running rank 8 Primed mods, so yeah, its actually VERY viable.

Just now, Blazer-X said:

It does have fire rate and reload speed going for it. On Warframe builder, its sustained DPS is just slightly below that of Lex Prime, while above that of Vaykor Marelok. And in practice, I constantly hit at least 5-6k per knife while running rank 8 Primed mods, so yeah, its actually VERY viable.

Unless for the fact that spira is a kunai and lex p is a hitscan gun with almost pinpoint accuracy.

Honestly I would play with spira / spira p if the aiming wasn't awful, because of the flying time but mostly because of the fact you have to shoot with 2 different hands (if you get what I mean...)

3 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Unless for the fact that spira is a kunai and lex p is a hitscan gun with almost pinpoint accuracy.

Honestly I would play with spira / spira p if the aiming wasn't awful, because of the flying time but mostly because of the fact you have to shoot with 2 different hands (if you get what I mean...)

Not trying to argue for what's the better gun, but just that Spira Prime is crit viable. I don't think there's any real contest when I already said Lex Prime out-DPS Spira Prime.

3 minutes ago, Blazer-X said:

Not trying to argue for what's the better gun, but just that Spira Prime is crit viable. I don't think there's any real contest when I already said Lex Prime out-DPS Spira Prime.

Not talking about "which is better" but rather "which one is easier to handle"

5 hours ago, Blazer-X said:

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree, although I know where you're coming from. The difference between a max Primed Crit Chance for pistol compared to the respective normal Crit Chance mod is 187% vs 120%, which is only a little over 50% increased multiplier. The difference between a max Prime Crit Damage and a normal Crit Damage mod is 110% vs 60%, which is nearly twice as effective. 

True, but on slow weapons like the Lex Prime, it's better to have more consistent crits, which is why you would want Crit Chance over Crit Damage.

Hell, I don't even use Crit Damage mods on the Lex Prime. Made room for reload speed instead. But that's just for preference.

Point is, it's better to have consistently good damage instead of winning the lottery and getting great damage.

Aksomati base 3x critical multiplier base. My personal favorite maxed P Pistol Gambit gives 57% critical chance, & maxed P Target Cracker gives 6.3 critical multiplier, bad ammo efficiency limits you to burst fire.

http://warframe-builder.com/Secondary_Weapons/Builder/Aksomati/t_30_22222303_193-1-5-195-6-5-204-0-10-206-2-5-209-5-5-487-7-10-543-3-10-605-4-10_204-7-193-6-206-6-543-6-605-7-209-6-195-11-487-8/en/3-0-68/91215/0

Edited by (XB1)freakytiki3