Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loot Bot

Llyssa

It would be interesting if there was a loot-oriented sentinel.

It wouldn't serve any real combat function, but the two dedicated precepts would be useful with looting.

The first would be an enrichment beam. It would fire this at loot boxes and nearby enemies. This should be a low speed, single fire beam, and do practically no damage at all(zero or 1). However, any target struck by the beam is "enriched", and the loot table on it increases, improving the odds of it dropping rare items on its loot table. At higher levels, better odds are given, and a chance for a second rare drop is made possible.

The second would be "processing". This precept would give a multiplier to all resource drops the owner received, on a similar scale to other multiplier mods--a slight amount at default(like 15%), maxing out somewhere around double or triple on the top tier.

It would, otherwise, be a regular sentinel.

Third option would be Loot Radar precept. DE has said a few times that they would consider precept choices if it made sense.

In this case if you were farming a common resource you could opt for the Processing and Loot Radar and unequip Enrichment Beam.

side note: I personally like the mini-Gorgon on Dethcube it is OP!

Edited by Mickey1779

I'd rather see this idea as mods you can add to an existing mob, I think it's be great on my Shade since I don't expect the little guy to kill anything and i really just count on him for the Ghost. I'd also like to see something in a 'fetch' function. Sentinel goes about picking up the drops from those Runners who burst while you were dashing past them. Or he goes out into the room you're decimating and picks up ammo and mods for you so you don't have to break cover.

"Common resource" is not a common drop. You have a roughly 1 in 4 chance an enemy will drop pistol ammo. You have a roughly 1 in 50 chance an enemy will drop any resource at all. The enrichment beam would increase the chance they drop anything from the rarer end of the loot table, "common" resources included.

As for a lot of the other suggestions, I don't see how this would be even remotely balanced if it had any weapon other than the beam. So, it doesn't make sense for it to have a shotgun or to be able to be put on dethcube. It would be a trade-off: your sentinel helps you farm better, but it doesn't fight at all, and offers no protection beyond the sentinel-common mods.

I'd rather see this idea as mods you can add to an existing mob, I think it's be great on my Shade since I don't expect the little guy to kill anything and i really just count on him for the Ghost. I'd also like to see something in a 'fetch' function. Sentinel goes about picking up the drops from those Runners who burst while you were dashing past them. Or he goes out into the room you're decimating and picks up ammo and mods for you so you don't have to break cover.

yea! i keep missing out on BP and resource drops cuz no one marks them x.x