Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multislash - Silly But Awesome Mod Idea

Notso

So I was thinking, we have multishot for rifles, pistols, shotguns, whatever. But not for melee. And this devilish idea of a mod came into my head:

If we somehow had the ability to fire two bullets from the same chamber of a gun simultaneously, why not also be able to duplicate a melee weapon temporarily?

15/30/45/60/75/90 percent chance to hit an enemy twice when using your melee weapon.

"The Holy Grail of melee"

- psyanide

"This actually sounds like a good idea, I want it now."

- Raikouku

"You're so ninja, you hit twice with one slash!"

- KageNoShini

Edited by Notso

you're so ninja, you hit twice with one slash!

I'm totally for this, although 90% chance might be much at max, lets go with 65%

Dude, if it's gonna cost the same as other multishot mods, might as well make it decent for the price :P

How to fix melee damage:

Step1: Remove Pressure Point

Step2: Make Killing Blow effect base and charge damage

Step3: Increase all weapon charge damages by 50%

That's all.  Melee damage is now fixed.

Edited by Thaumatos

Would be great if when it procs you got an after image effect like when the agents in the Matrix are moving super fast.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110811031343/matrix/images/e/e3/The_Matrix_Dodge_this_%28HD%29_0893.jpg

Ooh, yes. As though you have swung so fast or with such force that your weapon has induced cavitation around it, causing a second hit. I like it. +1 for multi-melee mod and melee improvement in general

well, if the melee dmg mod gets its well deserved buff to match serration it would be fine, otherwise hitting for over 3k per hit is a bit much imo, if this procs on charged atks then 6k

Don't buff it, remove it and let base be effected by Killing Blow.

I mean, they didn't introduce a new, separate "Charge Shot" damage mod for the Paris did they?

Why should it take 2 damage mods to increase melee damage?  And then only do a mediocre job of it...

Edited by Thaumatos

well, if the melee dmg mod gets its well deserved buff to match serration it would be fine, otherwise hitting for over 3k per hit is a bit much imo, if this procs on charged atks then 6k

No one was addressing something that doesn't exist...

It has no purpose whatsoever right now...

90% is perfectly fine...

Charge attacks don't even need a buff...

No one was addressing something that doesn't exist...

Mind describing what isn't there so I can not argue it?

It has no purpose whatsoever right now...

What?

90% is perfectly fine...

As for the multi'swing' mod or Pressure Point?  Pressure Point only gets to 42%

Charge attacks don't even need a buff...

When I can empty my shotty (insert one of your choice) in the face of a mob in the same time it takes you to do a charge attack on the heaviest-hitting charge weapon in the game, and I end up killing the mob while you only tickle him, either charge attacks need a buff or my shotty needs a nerf.

Because some weapons have naturally higher charge damage and others a high base damage and theres not much point in distinguishing them that way if not for the way the mods work now.

Otherwise might as well make the Charge a percentage/factor of your base attack.

Because some weapons have naturally higher charge damage and others a high base damage and theres not much point in distinguishing them that way if not for the way the mods work now.

Otherwise might as well make the Charge a percentage/factor of your base attack.

The only reason for a base/charge damage difference is for balancing DPS.  Overly fast weapons benefit more from normal swings, so their ability to forego charge mods entirely pretty much removes the validity of arguing to have charge damage separated out without making it sound like you just want charge-heavy weapons to suffer 2 less mod slots.

Yes, 2 mod slots.  Attack speed does effect charge attack weapons, but charge speed doesn't effect normal attack weapons.  Charge-heavy weapons need attack speed and charge speed as well as charge damage.  Because of this, your normal swings on a charge-heavy weapon become a viable source of attack and thus Pressure Point becomes useful.

But on a fast weapon that doesn't use charge attacks for any sort of DPS, charge damage and charge speed are never useful.  Ever.

Lets even the playing field here and not be a bunch of duel zoren users.

Edited by Thaumatos

I actually use a charge-heavy weapon sometimes so I am familiar with what you are saying.
In your own words

But on a fast weapon that doesn't use charge attacks for any sort of DPS, charge damage and charge speed are never useful.  Ever.

So why would you want to give a charge-heavy weapon a freebie by boosting its normal attack at the same time as boosting charge damage.

Wouldn't that tweak way beyond

Lets even the playing field here ...

I could go for this, sounds like a good idea

something else that could be considered is for dual weapons...a mod that takes away the ability to strike multiple enemies in exchange for double damage on a single enemy (each strike hits twice)

I could go for this, sounds like a good idea

something else that could be considered is for dual weapons...a mod that takes away the ability to strike multiple enemies in exchange for double damage on a single enemy (each strike hits twice)

I like the idea for the mechanics though I would much prefer a dual weapon (or an animation skin for one) that does this than a mod.