Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need help with melee volt build

LemonEnterprise

Question

10 answers to this question

Not sure if fitted, this is my speed Volt build.

YNN8XE0.jpg

If aiming for melee speed-boosting, I suggest changing the aura to Energy Siphon / Corrosive Projection, and switch Stretch for Constitution.

In that way, you have about 25s speed boost of 2.49x, which is enough for a melee-oriented build.

The large energy pool with Volt P with Primed Flow will offset the lack of efficiency in the build, and range doesn't matter if speed boost is applied to yourself only.

13 minutes ago, SpryCrow said:

YNN8XE0.jpg

If aiming for melee speed-boosting, I suggest changing the aura to Energy Siphon / Corrosive Projection, and switch Stretch for Constitution.

In that way, you have about 25s speed boost of 2.49x, which is enough for a melee-oriented build.

The large energy pool with Volt P with Primed Flow will offset the lack of efficiency in the build, and range doesn't matter if speed boost is applied to yourself only.

I run this but instead of Flow and Stretch I run Armoured Agility and Speed Drift for the extra speed, tbh the secret to a REALLY good lategame Volt melee build is Naramon Shadow Step he pretty much never leaves it if your in combat

Edited by Axeroix

31 minutes ago, SpryCrow said:

YNN8XE0.jpg

17 minutes ago, Axeroix said:

I run this but instead of Flow and Stretch I run Armoured Agility and Speed Drift for the extra speed, tbh the secret to a REALLY good lategame Volt melee build is Naramon Shadow Step he pretty much never leaves it if your in combat

Thank you both for replying so fast, i have a question and like Axeroix said shadow step is the key but what can of melee weapon suits this playstyle and can you show me its build? Thanks

29 minutes ago, Axeroix said:

tbh the secret to a REALLY good lategame Volt melee build is Naramon Shadow Step he pretty much never leaves it if your in combat

Agreed.

Am maining Naramon myself, and Shadow Step really benefits any kinds of gameplay besides this.

13 minutes ago, LemonEnterprise said:

...but what can of melee weapon suits this playstyle and can you show me its build? Thanks

I mainly use War on Volt P myself.

The speed boost compensates the slow movement on heavy blades, high dmg with high DPS.

Just my build in case, mod otherwise if you want to.

AeeRQqW.jpg

But with such speed buff in effect, I can say that any melee doing decent damage on normal, will be outputting insane DPS with it.

Edited by SpryCrow

15 minutes ago, SpryCrow said:

Agreed.

Am maining Naramon myself, and Shadow Step really benefits any kinds of gameplay besides this.

I mainly use War on Volt P myself.

The speed boost compensates the slow movement on heavy blades, high dmg with high DPS.

Just my build in case, mod otherwise if you want to.

AeeRQqW.jpg

But with such speed buff in effect, I can say that any melee doing decent damage on normal, will be outputting insane DPS with it.

Have you tested this build in survival or def if so how many waves or how long did it go till it becomes ineffective to the enemies.

3 minutes ago, LemonEnterprise said:

Have you tested this build in survival or def if so how many waves or how long did it go till it becomes ineffective to the enemies.

I haven't tried to take this build to high level enemies yet, since I got less time to play now because of work.

But IIRC, I once take this loadout to T2 Surv (to farm the Nikana P blade), and managed to go more than 60 min without dying once.

That's all I can tell, as of now.

11 minutes ago, LemonEnterprise said:

how long did it go till it becomes ineffective to the enemies.

In defense, it probably becomes useless fairly quickly. Level 100s or so will strongly discourage you to try and initiate melee.

Survival? Potentially indefinitely useful. The scaling combo counter that you can maintain keeps your invisibility up, keeps you getting loads of redcrits, and multiplies your damage by quite a nice factor… and all those numbers keep getting bigger as you hit more things.

Posted this on reddit before but this is what I run with:

Sustain build

This is probably the most practical build. Speed boost is significant but not overly costly. Rage synergizes with life strike and with the vit and steel fiber makes you decently tanky. You can play with the aura and how many ranks you have on blind rage depending on how much you care about efficiency. Steel fiber and vitality positions should be swapped to squeeze out another mod point.

(almost) MAX POWER SPEED build Energy conversion goes into the blank slot.

Most fun build that I use in 95% of missions I bring a volt to. Survives decently well although it may require occasional use of energy pads.

For both builds I run arcane avenger cape and arcane fury on my helm as well as Naramon (maxed shadow step, crit passive, and naramon mastery). The build works perfectly fine without the arcanes and a rank 0 shadow step. I am currently experimenting with other arcanes in place of avenger for long duration runs. Zenurik with maxed energy regen and zenurik mastery passive is what I use for short missions/not serious runs. Even without the arcanes/focus you should survive very well until you start getting one shot or are running in an energy drain environment.

For weapon, IMO it is most efficient to take weapons with high range, slow attack speed (usually means high damage per hit) and/or high mobility stances. I rock a Tempo Royale War with true steel, pressure point, zerker, primed reach, blood rush, body count, life strike (rank 0), shocking touch. It's so much fun to sweep an entire room swinging a greatsword faster than most other frames can swing longswords. The more practical thing to do would be to drop the zerker for either north wind to make viral, fever strike to make corrosive, or molten impact to make radiation (good for shutting off infested ancient healers and vs alloy armor). I have used my volt builds with swirling tiger dual ichors, blind justice nikana prime, tempo royale/cleaving whirlwind scindo prime, final harbinger ack and brunt, orthos prime to great effect.

Edit: Oh. Right. Use carrier with the sweeper modded as a viral/radiation spitter (i.e. high status, fire rate, reload speed, spread and low damage). The auto pickups are invaluable due to how fast you are running. Chesa's are too slow/inconsistent and just dont cut it.

Edited by ADirtyMonk