Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

trinity or frost? which is in demand?

Duhktape

Question

hey guys so the 2 warframes i have my sights on are trinity and frost, trinity because the medic is my favorite class in anything, and energy vampiring equaling unlimited energy blows my mind

i like frost for those solid defensive stats and snow globe and avalanche are good techniques

which do you think is better? and what frame is most in demand for teams?

7 answers to this question

The 1st usual answer is: get both ;)

If you enjoy medics, you'll enjoy Trin! And I'd say, people ask more often for Trin than for Frost. Frost is very helpful in high-lvl def and Interception, but Trinity is helpful in almost every high-lvl mission and in quite a few nightmare missions.

Btw... the 2nd usual answer is: Get the one first, you'd enjoy playing more, and THEN get the other one ;)

Well, when im in the recruiting chat i read more often that people search for Trinity.

While Frost is a must have for Excavation/Def/Mdef, Trinity is in all missions a welcome player in all teams.^^

Frost has not really much options to get mod'ed.

But you have 2 options with Trinity: Blessing or EV.

Id recommend to get Trinity first, at least you wont be much alone with her xD

I guess if healers are your favorite class you need to get Trinity first. You won't find anything that heals better than Blessing => replenishes all health and shields of the entire team.

On the other hand - see my picture - I kinda like Frost so I suggest you pick him after Trinity. He's a very versatile frame: slows down/freezes enemies, protects defense pods/allies, strips armor while doing decent damage. Plus he's ridiculously good-looking (for a Warframe dude I mean).

Both frames are fantastic, which has been stated previously. The biggest difference between the two, aside from the obvious kits, is the difficulty of the two. Frost is relatively easy to play well. Stick some efficiency, power strength armor, and health on him and you're golden. Trinity, on the other hand, requires some very specific builds to be viable. EV requires negative power duration. Mine is only 17%. Blessing requires max duration, quick thinking, and 130% power strength. Quick thinking is not optional for a blessing build. Additionally, you need some sort of Glaive to do this build. The Cerata is ideal. Between the two frames I would say that Trinity is far more useful, but as I said previously, her kit is much harder to setup to be optimal.

Good luck! :)

As everyone else here has already stated, I too would recommend getting both.  Trinity is the overall more useful frame and if you enjoy playing the healer, then you'll love playing Trinity.  That being said, I'm a HUGE fan of Frost.  He's hands down my favorite frame to play and can actually be more flexible than you'd expect.  People often think he's only about the Snowglobe, but he can actually be a potent buffer using the Freeze Force augment, and he has solid CC abilities.  I've even found myself using the Globe offensively using the Chilling Globe augment.

I mean, both.  But I'd definitely go for Frost first.  A pretty large amount of the time the only person you can rely on to Frost right in a public match is the one you bring.  Additionally, a lot of people who demand an EV in recruiting chat are... not the sort of people you send friend requests to at the end of the match.  Frost is also a bit easier to mod - a fully kitted Trin takes a fair amount of R10 mods.  To sum up, I'd recommend you get Frost if you find matches through recruiting chat/public matches, or Trinity if you're trying to fill a hole in a lineup with a group of friends.

34 minutes ago, Ifeno said:

People often think he's only about the Snowglobe, but he can actually be a potent buffer using the Freeze Force augment, and he has solid CC abilities.  I've even found myself using the Globe offensively using the Chilling Globe augment.

Fully agree.  My Frost Prime isn't forma'd for this (built rather defensively), and even though he has 4 forma in him, I'll be putting 5 forma into my normal Frost to be able to fill in the offensive options.

On 4.4.2016 at 0:26 AM, (PS4)Cwellann said:

Additionally, a lot of people who demand an EV in recruiting chat are... not the sort of people you send friend requests to at the end of the match.

Thats it! most of them are rhinos who are to greedy to use some Energypads. And why should i add such people, who are asking for frames they dont even need for the max 20 waves they are always doing. Sorry for the offtopic, but i had to say this.

Btw: Just a blessing trin is a real trin. In a time like now, when people (who know what the game is about) are maxing the zenurik energy restore,- ev isnt really needed. Its just an alternative for the Whino's i was talking about before ;)

Edited by -S-O-Kranker