Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove A lens from a warframe?

Percept

Question

Title.

Is there anyway to remove the lens? Not switch it out with another.

I ask this because when I do Draco on my ember I'm losing what seems to be half of my affinity to the lens in my warframe, even if I've reached the 75 cap for the day. This causes whatever item I'm leveling to level half as fast.

4 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, Percept said:

Title.

Is there anyway to remove the lens? Not switch it out with another.

I ask this because when I do Draco on my ember I'm losing what seems to be half of my affinity to the lens in my warframe, even if I've reached the 75 cap for the day. This causes whatever item I'm leveling to level half as fast.

no there is no way to remove a lens once you slot it

Nope pretty sure there isnt, at least not without destroying the lens. Your warframe would get half the affinity from other people's kills anyways. The lens just makes it so it isnt wasted. Any weapon kills you get should give 50% affinity to the weapon and 50% to the warframe assuming warframe wiki is still correct and this hasnt changed.

I am assuming you are getting the vast majority of the kills as an ember? Let your teammates do the heavy lifting if the weapon you are leveling kills slowly. Also, if you arent, only bring a maxed weapon and the weapon you are leveling so even more affinity gets funneled to the weapon you are leveling.

Edit: You can kind of temporarily "remove" the lens if you forma the frame/weapon. It just activates again once you hit 30.

Edit 2: remember affinity distribution on weapon kill wrong. It's 50% to weapon, 50% to frame.

Edited by ADirtyMonk

12 minutes ago, Percept said:

I'm losing what seems to be half of my affinity to the lens in my warframe

this is true regardless of lens or not. affinity is divided 50% to warframe and 50% to weapon on weapon kills, 100% to warframe on power kills (and syndicate aoe kills), and evenly from shared affinity (ie with a frame and 3 weapons you get 25% to each item from ally kills) [there are some things that change these but mostly those are special cases]. so you are 'losing' about half to your frame but you have been all along.

but to directly answer the question, as was said by snicket there is no way to remove a lens once installed. only thing you can do is swap it for another.

Edited by Caobie

Thanks for the knowledge guys. 

I know this is a horrible way to judge but the lens just feels like it's making my other items level slowly. I remember before I had the lens on with a full 4 man and 5 waves of Draco anything would go from unranked to 30, now it's around 20 and I have the double affinity booster.

Good info though still so thanks!