Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

info on stalker farming (sticky maybe?)

Duhktape

Question

hello there! if your reading this then you might be interested in farming the stalker and getting his weapons! in that case, allow me to give you some tips on how to make your stalker stalking a pleasant one!

1: getting the mark

so in order for the stalker to spawn you need to be marked right? this is done by completing an asassination mission! now your first thought might be "i'll kill vor really quickly since he's the first and easiest" well there are 2 things wrong with that, 1: the stalker will not mark players because they killed vor, this is probably because in the vor's prize quest (which were the couple of missions you played when you started warframe) you had to kill vor in self defense, because of this the stalker did not see this as a bad thing. another reason may just be that DA didn't want to force a mark on all new players once they killed vor. 2: vor isn't the easiest boss, the sergeant (mars) is undeniably the easiest boss in the game, so easy that you might unknowingly kill him since he looks and acts like a normal corpus crewman. killing the sergeant is by far the best way to be marked. the stalker's death mark can be seen in your profile and cannot be stacked

2: getting a team

getting a team of people that are also marked for death can increase the chances of the stalker spawning, however there is one thing to note before forming the "dream team".
PARTIAL SPOILERS
in the quest "the second dream"  the stalker is transformed into a buffed version of himself called the shadow stalker, the shadow stalker's mark and how he is spawned are exactly like the normal one but he has buffed stats, becomes almost immune to the 4 greatest types of damage you dish out throughout the battle, different abilities, and his sycthe is replaced WAR, the most powerful melee in the game (which is part of his drop table) the number of marked players that haven't completed the second dream compared to those that have will influence which stalker spawns.
because of this, players that haven't beaten the second dreamshould try and look for normal stalker farms, as it'll be easier to beat him and a higher chance of his bow, kunai, and scythe BP dropping. it'll also be nice to the players that are looking for the shadow stalker only
players looking that have beaten the second dream should look for shadow stalker farms so they can get a better chance at WAR and to make sure lower level players look for the normal stalker aren't completely wiped out when you accidentally call the shadow stalker
players who wish to fight the stalker they can not spawn alone should ask hosts if they can join regardless of their position.

3: how to find the bugger?

well the stalker will spawn on any mission with enemies except for assasination, syndicate jobs, and archwing missions and trials. if he does not appear within the first 5 minutes of the mission then it is a guarantee he will not spawn, so following this logic and assuming you want to do something else while farming, you can just set a timer (google has one) for 5 minutes, go to the easiest and shortest mission you want (i like everest on earth), hide where no enemy will find you, and then start the timer. when 5 mins is up just exit the mission and do it again! rinse and repeat multiple times until you find the stalker (note; your team may want to do something while farming).

CONGRATULATIONS! YOUR NOW A MASTER AT STALKING THE STALKER! NOW GET OUT THERE AND GO KICK HIS BUTT!

5 answers to this question

They don't make user made guides sticky.

On the other hand, finding the Stalker is a process that usually happens by itself. Players that fight their very first boss are likely to be targeted right away and gain a death mark. You missed some other points, such as the actual percentage with a full marked squad and that he won't target players with a Warframe lower than rank 10.

which frames to take for fighting shadow stalker? Last time I was doing clem mission, got zanuka and stalker both spawn (as usual they dropped nothing special). I was able to kill both with same frame and weapon, but wasn't able to kill stalker alone when he spawned in void exterminate mission (maybe he was high lvl than before?). I thought he used to lockdown a room, but this time he didn't and I was getting attacked from both incoming corrupted units + stalker. Sometimes I am not even able to see him. Maybe DE should add a bit of cooldown on some of his abilities. I have searched for some guides for killing stalker on youtube but most of them are old stalker videos. Can someone link me a new video ?

25 minutes ago, rohankeluskar1 said:

which frames to take for fighting shadow stalker? Last time I was doing clem mission, got zanuka and stalker both spawn (as usual they dropped nothing special). I was able to kill both with same frame and weapon, but wasn't able to kill stalker alone when he spawned in void exterminate mission (maybe he was high lvl than before?). I thought he used to lockdown a room, but this time he didn't and I was getting attacked from both incoming corrupted units + stalker. Sometimes I am not even able to see him. Maybe DE should add a bit of cooldown on some of his abilities. I have searched for some guides for killing stalker on youtube but most of them are old stalker videos. Can someone link me a new video ?

I would suggest anything, that does not rely too strongly on abilities. Loki for instance is fast alright, but without invisibility, radial disarm or your decoy, you easily run into issues with your low health. Trin and Oberon still can use their healing abilities (even though Trins invincibility will be undone by Stalkie). Besides that: Health and Armour won't hurt. Being too slow (Frost, Rhino without arcane vanguard helmet) on the other hand might. If you are really good at dodging the attacks of the Stalker than any Frame, that is not too slow, will do the job. Loki might actually have saved you in your scenario, since his CC works well against any assassin, but the Stalker :)

Really wish I could find the stalker. Whenever shows up for me. I've been playing fairly consistently for months and have been marked essentially the entire time. I've seen Syndicates attack more than Zanuka, G3, or Original Stalker. I want  original Stalker specifically because you can't see him again once you do the Second Dream Quest. I want to finish the quest but can't until I get the scans from Original Stalker. I'm stuck. If Stalker never actually shows up how are you supposed to scan him?

I'm thinking Stalker is a myth. DE is a little too cheap on drop and spawn rates honestly. If I could put the months of play time in and never see an assassin come after me once even though I'm marked by several (ad so are my teammates) then the spawn rate has to be so close to zero that there is no point even farming.

Edited by (PS4)JXKyrian