Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hysteria build

YellowBrick55

Question

So I've just gotten Valkyr, and I would really want to know what are the good Hysteria builds. I've seen other Valkyr players manage to decimate everything in their path, and I really want to do the same. I don't really have any primed mods by the way.

Edited by YellowBrick55

6 answers to this question

The way Hysteria works, you can build it pretty much one of two ways, either works about the same. You can trade off a damage for a more Energy Efficient build, or just go for the maximum damage potential. (Primed) means you can get away with the non-primed version of the mod and still have it work out.

THE BUILDS

For Max Damage: Intensify, Blind Rage, Transient fortitude, Narrow minded, Fleeting Expertise, Streamline, (Primed) Flow and Eternal War. Steel Charge Aura with Mobilize Exilus

For the more balanced Build : Intensify, Transient Fortitude, Narrow Minded, (Primed) Continuity, Fleeting Expertise, Streamline and Eternal War. Steel Charge Aura with Mobilize Exilus

THE EXPLANATION

To explain the builds a bit and explain the mod choices.

Regardless of build, if you want a pure Hysteria build, you will rely heavily on it for damage and survivability. If this feels like too much of a risk for you, you can swap out Streamline for Vitality.

Eternal War is used for the semi-permanent attack speed increase. This boost is more for finisher speed than anything else, since you will one shot most things that are heavy units, Eximi Units (Arctic/Sanguine/Leech specifically)

The Power Strength mods are applied before melee mods in scaling Hysteria's base Damage. So it acts like double-dipping in a sense to maximize damage. Duration is there to help counteract and reduce the drain as low as it can be. Narrow Minded Specifically, also reduces the range in which you take the deactivate damage so it's an extra bonus.

Energy efficiency is useful for scaling down the initial casting cost of Hysteria, adding additional time you can remain in Hysteria. It also reduces the cost of Warcry, which may need to be recast at later points when the enemies start scaling up a bit. It also allows for use of Paralysis for an easy stun or finisher setup, though it's not recommended for finishers.

Flow is an absolute necessity for this build. Primed or not, it adds a ton of time that Hysteria can remain active. The longer you can stay in, the better.

As for Mobilize, it's a super cost effective mod that just increase you mobility via bullet jumping. If you want you can forma to fit one of the elemental bullet jump mods, but the investment into one of those mods makes it really not worth the bonus they have over Mobilize. The extra bit of damage or random status proc just don't make these mods worth using in my opinion.

THE MELEE

The weapon itself doesn't matter. Pick your favorite that can house the mods and you're set.

For melee weapon Mods I recommend the following: Pressure Point, Berserker, True Steel, Shattering Impact, Organ Shatter, Primed Reach and 2x Elemental (based on faction, Corrosive or Radiation for Grineer, Magnetic or Pure Toxin For Corpus, Gas or Pure Heat for Infested.)

Most of these mods like Pressure Point and the elementals are there for DPS. So let me explain the others I use and why.

Hysteria has a base Crit chance of 50%, so boosting that with True Steel gives it 80% crit chance. So we use Berserker for the reliable attack speed boost and organ Shatter for the increased damage with the regular attacks.

Shattering Impact is a bit of a personal choice for me, as it synergizes with the way I take down heavy units. It allows for armor to be shredded at a decent speed, allow you to solo much easier. In a group, it's still better to drop this for an elemental and run Corrosive Projection. No Armor is better than have to shred it.

Primed Reach is great for using in the Void, or against Corpus. It gives you enough extra range to allow you to melee down a nullifier bubble, Reach doesn't quite cut it however. You need at least a Rank 7 Primed Reach for it to be relatively comfortable to pull off though. You can forgo this in favor of Fury, but you will have a tougher time taking out nullifiers.

PLAYSTYLE & TIPS

For the general playstyle, you've obviously seen it before. You simply plow through enemies, relying on energy drops to keep doing so. Though there are some minor precautions to take.

There are enemies that will and should ALWAYS be prioritized over others. Specifically Nullifiers, Energy Leech Eximi, Shock Eximi, and Arctic Eximi. When fighting infested, Ancients should be prioritized as well.

Shock and E. Leech Eximi and Nullifiers are particularly lethal to you. They can disable your Hysteria or at least drain your energy. Arctic Eximi aren't super important, but if they are near you, your attack speed is reduced so you lose DPS until they are dead. Ancients cause both of these issues, with disruptors draining your energy and both ancient types reduces the damage you deal, though disruptors to a lesser extent.

Now once you get to higher times in survival, say 60+ minutes minimum, you might noticed that Heavy units and certain Eximi will refuse to die to regular attacks, this is where you want to start using Finishers more often. It's good practice to just dispatch these units like this anyways, it's overall quicker.

The specific way I dispatch these tanky enemies is through a chain of attacks. Charge Attack > Finisher > Ground Finisher > Mash until they stand > Repeat. Surprisingly enough, Hysteria's Charge attack allows for free finisher Setup, this finisher then knocks them down allowing for a ground finisher. Then the regular attacks continue to shred armor via Shattering Impact while they regain their footing, making the next Ground Finisher hit harder yet. (if they live that long, that is) Each Ground Finisher also counts as several smaller hits due to them using the fist weapon ground finisher, each of these will shred armor.

If you plan on dispatching nullifiers yourself, I recommend going into the Simulacrum to practice meleeing down the bubbles. It takes so getting used to, since you're literally dancing with death.

Hopefully I answered most of your questions. Let me know if there anything else that needs to be clarified or such. ^^

Edited by Ruby_Rose_

6 hours ago, Calwon5 said:

Primed Cont/ Primed Flow/ Streamline/ Quick Thinking.

Eternal War/ Intensify/ Vitality/ Steel Fiber/

Aura: Steel Charge Exilus: Firewalker.

This build isn't as strong as the other builds but this seems good enough for me.

Quick Thinking is a bit redundant. Hysteria does basically the same thing, with even greater efficiency, since you take no damage and just steadily drain energy instead, all while doing damage. I'd recommend swapping it for Narrow Minded. The extra duration is nice as well as the reduced range you can get hit by deactivation damage.

It's very rare that you should ever leave hysteria unless forced out of it. So Vitality and Steel Fiber can help with surviving that, but are largely useless since Hysteria prevent damage. You could probably drop Steel Fiber for a Power Strength mod of your choosing and get a slightly stronger build without that risk of popping without Hysteria.

6 hours ago, LordCasimiro said:

Rage

You don't take damage in Hysteria, so Rage will not work. If it did, Hysteria would be permanent god-mode. 

I say this because if you build for Hysteria, you generally want to stay in it as much as possible, or you throw away a lot of damage.

Primed Cont/ Primed Flow/ Streamline/ Quick Thinking.

Eternal War/ Intensify/ Vitality/ Steel Fiber/

Aura: Steel Charge Exilus: Firewalker.

This build isn't as strong as the other builds but this seems good enough for me.

Hysteria takes advantage of many melee mods on top of Steel Charge aura. It has also 50% base critical chance.

All the details are available on wiki. In a nutshell as long as you can keep the Hysteria running you will decimate everything on your path just with common sense to mods any without anything special.