Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

That lasers breaks the action of the game

OracionSeis

I hate lasers not to kill me ! They kill action of the game.

Yes , we are running,killing,and chasing enemy

While i was chasing somethin it went through a door and i was chasin it while there was a fire on my head! it was breathless moment full action you know. but door is opened and bum ! lasers ! no action ! i stopped that makes me mad!

In my opinion i think they are fine the grineer and infected levels dont have any lazers its only corpus. And all you have to do is look for a red light on cieling (its most the time next to the doors) shoot it and then continue on.

In my opinion i think they are fine the grineer and infected levels dont have any lazers its only corpus. And all you have to do is look for a red light on cieling (its most the time next to the doors) shoot it and then continue on.

The problem isn't finding the camera, it's the fact that the lasers can just appears as you're running through a door. It's a frustrating mechanic to be slapped in the face with. It means you have to slow down at every door in case it happens, which slows things down too much.

The devs have stated they want to move away from emchanics that do this and concentrate on speed and mobility, and this seems to go against that idea.

i think the opposite, lasers are fine, they add danger and challenge, tension. if youre #*($%%@ you're #*($%%@, or not smart enough to prevent this type of situation. i say keep dem lazers, make the camera a bit more noticeable. it's part of the puzzle-cipher hacking thing to unseal doors etc. it's part of a security system of the enemy, which is neat and pretty rare in games .

The problem isn't finding the camera, it's the fact that the lasers can just appears as you're running through a door. It's a frustrating mechanic to be slapped in the face with. It means you have to slow down at every door in case it happens, which slows things down too much.

The devs have stated they want to move away from emchanics that do this and concentrate on speed and mobility, and this seems to go against that idea.

Ah ya the instant lazer thing can be annoying, i think there should time limit of like a second or something once the door opens before the lazer activates.

or not smart enough to prevent this type of situation.

It's not a lack of smarts that's the problem. It's the fact that you can be running through a door and get smacked in the face at the last minute.

It's simply a frustrating mechanic.

Ah ya the instant lazer thing can be annoying, i think there should time limit of like a second or something once the door opens before the lazer activates.

Yep. This would be fine. First person gets through, triggers it for those behind them.

Edited by Zakalwe

I think the laser stay but alternate routes through the door should be placed - ventilation shaft that can be reached through box climbing or a small hole to crawl through the wall. Just make it a bit hard to get through and add an element of surprise to the gameplay.

The most annoying part of laser door is when threre's a mixed faction. Some infests enjoy standing in front of camera that is unreachable by players. The laser door is nearly permanently activated at that point and there's nothing player can do to get out of that situation.

In my oppinion the incorporation of those damned laser trapped doors is a stroke of pure genius.

I hope they continue to make very diffenrent levels with very different rules and functions.

I must say the first time i found one i thought it was bugged. I tried everything, Moving away, timing, rushing and shooting.

Haha! Imagine how foolish i felt when i finally noticed a smal red light staring at me from a shadowy alcove in the ceiling.

Made me stop and think more instead og just piling in guns blazing. ( Not that i mind blazing guns exesively, at all ) And that in turn made me appreciate the game even more.

And another thing. I really think the whole concept of the doors fits quite well in the setting. Imagine you are a corpus engineer facing a rapidly evolving infestation. Wouldent an automatic laser door be just what would make your day ? :)

GG Devs. GG.

Cant wait for more lore and content. See you out there tenno.

Edited by SlickpowderBoss

And that's fine, slick, except slowing down that much goes entirely against:

What about a Cover system? What about Stealth? (I'm a ninja, there should be stealth!)

We love cover systems but for Warframe we felt it sacrificed mobility and simplicity too much. Our coming updates continue down this path even more so, emphasizing the agility and speed aspects of the ninja. We hope to convince you this is a better path for Warframe and that slow and tactical, although great on its own, just doesn't fit well with Warframe.

But the corpus missions are only one part of the game. as far as i know. there will be different settings/stages.

And the corpus are all tech. If it goes as i hope it will. corpus missions will get even more intricate and complicated due to their highly

technological natur. Their description mentions them not being seen much. so surely it is forseeable that they have even more nasty tricks/bots up their sleave.

Surely all you ninja stealth guys out there could leave a little mechanic for a little old rhino :P

But what about the Corpus poor Corpus security personel whose sole joy in life is seeing you running headstrong into his laser trap.? :P

Show som compasion before slicing stuff too pieces and taking its stuff.

Pssh, they obvioulsy enjoy being sliced into tiny pieces or they wouldn't run at me in droves like they do.

Masochists, the lot of them!

i think the opposite, lasers are fine, they add danger and challenge, tension. if youre #*($%%@ you're #*($%%@, or not smart enough to prevent this type of situation. i say keep dem lazers, make the camera a bit more noticeable. it's part of the puzzle-cipher hacking thing to unseal doors etc. it's part of a security system of the enemy, which is neat and pretty rare in games .

Difficult and scary mobs add danger and tension. Lasers that appear out of no where a split second before you cross them doesn't add tension or challenge. It's cheap and it really does ruin the flow of the game. Absolutely a no go.

just shoot cameras while running = ACTION.. its your own fault for stopping/slowing down to shot the cameras

I think you missed the point.

The point is that the lasers suddenly just appear as you're runing through a door without any warning. It slows the game down considerably to stop and check every area of every ceileing for cameras, or to walk slowly to open every door to check for lasers.

Difficult and scary mobs add danger and tension. Lasers that appear out of no where a split second before you cross them doesn't add tension or challenge. It's cheap and it really does ruin the flow of the game. Absolutely a no go.

considering the corpus are techies, it makes sense and it only 'ruins the flow of the game' if youre either;

a CoD player

a twelve year old

a brat

a grrl gamer (a player who wants every easy or how they want it)

you can ROLL through the lasers.

the ONLY issue i can see is that doors dont stay open - thats what knocks people back if they dont have the rolling thing down well.

to remedy this entire issue, doors that are laser locked should remain open until the camera is destroyed.

Edited by Kittygoesmeow

a CoD player

a twelve year old

a brat

a grrl gamer (a player who wants every easy or how they want it)

Or it's simply an unrefined mechanic that requires some work. There's no need to insult everyone who thinks it's currently a poor mechanic.

The suggestion to keep doors open if lasers are active under them is the best idea, imo.

Edited by Zakalwe

I think you missed the point.

The point is that the lasers suddenly just appear as you're runing through a door without any warning. It slows the game down considerably to stop and check every area of every ceileing for cameras, or to walk slowly to open every door to check for lasers.

Cameras make a unique noise when they are detecting you, you should learn it to pick up on it.

Cameras make a unique noise when they are detecting you, you should learn it to pick up on it.

Ok, let me try again...

Many times as you're running through a door, it will open and lasers will suddenly appear and smack you down. The sound isn't heard until the exact moment you're hit. This is usually because the camera is directly behind the door.

Again, the devs have said things like "no cover system because it would slow the pace of the game, and we want to concentrate on keeping things fast paced", yet slowing to check every door to make sure the above doesn't happen causes the exact thing they say they're tryng to avoid.

Edited by Zakalwe

For now a simple solution to the lazors is to put a enemy radar mod in your warframe. You only need one but it shows you on your map where they are located so that while you are running through rooms you dont have to stop and check for cameras, the map shows you there location so you can quickly look up shoot em and continue on without breaking the fast paced gameplay