Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

That lasers breaks the action of the game

OracionSeis

So what about when another player traps you in a room in a completely different part of the map because they won't shoot the camera. Those of you who are decrying any change don't seem to realize that sometimes there's nothing you can do because there's no camera for you to shoot. I like the ideas of addig a small delay (nothing is instantaneous) and would also suggest limiting the area that lasers are deployed. Locking down the whole ship because of one camera seems a bit like overdoing it.

So what about when another player traps you in a room in a completely different part of the map because they won't shoot the camera. Those of you who are decrying any change don't seem to realize that sometimes there's nothing you can do because there's no camera for you to shoot. I like the ideas of addig a small delay (nothing is instantaneous) and would also suggest limiting the area that lasers are deployed. Locking down the whole ship because of one camera seems a bit like overdoing it.

...roll.

there is none of this "ZOMG ITSBROKEN CUZ YOURE TRAPPED'

ROLL through the lasers. get up close (practice this if youve never played phantasy star) and ROLL. its not hard, its just a timing issue.

Edited by Kittygoesmeow

...roll.

ROLL through the lasers. get up close (practice this if youve never played phantasy star) and ROLL. its not hard, its just a timing issue.

1. This is not readily available information to ALL players. Expecting that a mention in the forums will fix it is wrong. (Thanks for the info- no need to get angry- but what if you just started playing and this happened? How would you know to roll?)

2. Rolling doesn't fix the problem of running into the lasers in the first place because you didn't know they'd been set off by someone else. There should probably be a sound effect associated with the activation of the lasers.

1. This is not readily available information to ALL players. Expecting that a mention in the forums will fix it is wrong. (Thanks for the info- no need to get angry- but what if you just started playing and this happened? How would you know to roll?)

2. Rolling doesn't fix the problem of running into the lasers in the first place because you didn't know they'd been set off by someone else. There should probably be a sound effect associated with the activation of the lasers.

ive been spreading it in-game since the lasers were re-implemented. it IS common knowledge that rolling, and sliding, gives you invincibility frames. its evidenced by the fact that you dont pick up items while doing either.

... and ive been saying it in the forums for awhile too. people just dont read it, ive seen people who post in threads ive said it in whine about how bad the lasers are.

as for your second point, leaving the doors open when lasers are activated would take care of all the problems and make sense; the hardlight can only be 'hard' (IE damaging) when there is a stable connection. it makes sense and fixes the issue of 'suddenly KB'

ive been spreading it in-game since the lasers were re-implemented. it IS common knowledge that rolling, and sliding, gives you invincibility frames. its evidenced by the fact that you dont pick up items while doing either.

... and ive been saying it in the forums for awhile too. people just dont read it, ive seen people who post in threads ive said it in whine about how bad the lasers are.

as for your second point, leaving the doors open when lasers are activated would take care of all the problems and make sense; the hardlight can only be 'hard' (IE damaging) when there is a stable connection. it makes sense and fixes the issue of 'suddenly KB'

Kitty,

I respect you trying to edify the masses, but as you pointed out with your "whiners" comment widely known does not equate to everyone knowing. A solution that is accesible to all is still needed. Leaving the doors open is well and good but there still needs to be a delay to prevent a player getting caught while in the doorway. Lowering the effective range of the laser wall response would also keep players from being penalized for another player's folly.

Edited by FreshJB2

ill admit, the first time i got killed by the lazer doors was really frustrating BUT after figuring out the security cameras that we can take out makes the level design better and interesting. its nice to play fast and gunning/chasing down enemies, but with this it breaks the similar game flow a little just to take you off guard and make you aware that this is a different battlefield, so you have to play a little different. Besides its the Corpus, and it make sense for them to do such things.

if any gripe i have it is the cameras being located in places you can't shoot em, and youre stuck there waiting for either: other players to shoot the security cameras (if they can and will) or just wait there like a donkey until somehow the lazers miraculously dissapears. (which means the security cameras are in blue colors, which means your teamates are far infront of you and have left you to die). usually.

Difficult and scary mobs add danger and tension. Lasers that appear out of no where a split second before you cross them doesn't add tension or challenge. It's cheap and it really does ruin the flow of the game. Absolutely a no go.

i have to disagree. first, you should be aware that each Corpus map has cameras and doors = lazers. if you get cornered it's your own fault. It happened to me too, because i wasn't paying enough attention. Sometimes we tend to get too focused on running and gunning and let our wits out the door. (no pun intended)

second, every time you're in a tricky situation, it gets tense. that's what i meant.

now everytime single time i'm doin this kind of mission, unless i'm sure i've destroyed the camera already, i carefully approach the door, just to make sure i won't get a lazer surprise on my face.

Edited by SlickJoint

The problem is that they not only cause A TON of damage but they also throw you back and sometimes the camera is in the next room in a place you can't reach so an excalibur has to use his skill to get past and open it for everyone else. Sometimes you play alone and they actually kill you.

What would fix this would be lower the damage they do a bit and allow players to run through them even if they take damage doing so.

...roll.

I am pretty sure that rolling through lasers isn't intended, and while a solution right now isn't something they'll leave in.

Im just wondering.

Those of you who are annoyed by the lasers. Are u equally annoyed by the shield guys.?

No. They have a massive hitbox on their head and are just as easy to headshot as anyone else.

Edited by Zakalwe

I must admit when I first met lasers they made me shed tears of hate and anger, since I didn't really understand when and why they appear, but after I got the camera stuff and learned room schemes well enough to simply know where to look for a camera it became a nice addition to the game.

What was really painful about them was their damage. Once a shockwave moa threw me right into the laser net and got me from full hp to death within seconds. What I mean is that their damage should be much lower on earlier levels.

Also, I manage few times to get hit by them multiple times just because my character got thrown wrong way, standing up to be blasted once again.

Third pain is waiting in front of the doors for your teammate who's ahead to stop playing around and destroy a camera so you can get in and help him.

Also a tip for Loki players: You can use your decoy image to block lasers, giving you a second or two to tuble through it.