The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Weird Lag/freezes?

360NOSCOPEHEADSHOT

So I tried to play an alert with my friend but he picked a different map before me and that map launched. So once it was on intro (warframes coming down from vent) I quit mission. Now it put my aim sensitivity to 0 and my volume to max and whenever I alter it it freezes for 20 seconds, and if I alter in game it will kick me out. Also, if I do alter it it will revert every time I log back in. Also, it will freeze for 20 seconds once I get out of my arsenal. I deleted warframe and re installed in steam and it didn't help anything. I can live with this but it's annoying, what can I do?

Friends on vent told me they had issues while I hosted (lag). I began troubleshooting. long story of tactics ended, with checking my modem's Event log. it had many events over time that prompted me to call my ISP. I got an appointment for a technician to come check it out. It may be hardware failure. Not complete failure that prevents connection, but still, not working as it (modem) should. I hope the technician can fix my issue with a reconfiguration, firmware update, or replace the modem. (check event log. I had many failed updates and other events that happened in the middle of the night by the ISP.)

I just got the modem February. I did lots of private solo missions, seemed ok. Joining others was a toss up, either really bad or fairly good. Another cue prompting me to troubleshoot was a Ventrilo issue, some connection issue leading to my user name being in the room twice.

good luck (ask for the next tier of Tech support on phone when you call the ISP. The 1st tier typically says, turn it off and on again for every complaint. The next tier typically does diagnostics.)

Edited by Floham

Friends on vent told me they had issues while I hosted (lag). I began troubleshooting. long story of tactics ended, with checking my modem's Event log. it had many events over time that prompted me to call my ISP. I got an appointment for a technician to come check it out. It may be hardware failure. Not complete failure that prevents connection, but still, not working as it (modem) should. I hope the technician can fix my issue with a reconfiguration, firmware update, or replace the modem. (check event log. I had many failed updates and other events that happened in the middle of the night by the ISP.)

I just got the modem February. I did lots of private solo missions, seemed ok. Joining others was a toss up, either really bad or fairly good. Another cue prompting me to troubleshoot was a Ventrilo issue, some connection issue leading to my user name being in the room twice.

good luck (ask for the next tier of Tech support on phone when you call the ISP. The 1st tier typically says, turn it off and on again for every complaint. The next tier typically does diagnostics.)

So did you experience this? Or solely lag? This is definitely not lag, because I can play fine. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7gcQMhmOLs&feature=youtu.be

here's a video i took showing what's happening, and every time i log out it resets my settings, inventory, and artifacts. 

Also note that "Childrens_Wrath" is reporting the same issue (I met on region chat luckily)

It seems like you are having a possible driver issue. Try upgrading to the newest Nvidia or AMD/ATI drivers and upgrade your audio driver.

-Remember to download the drivers first, then uninstall the old ones before installing the new ones. 

-I would make a restore point too before uninstalling the old drivers.

Second thought is it could be a performance conflict with open software running.  Try closing opens apps you dont need running while you are running Warframe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7gcQMhmOLs&feature=youtu.be

here's a video i took showing what's happening, and every time i log out it resets my settings, inventory, and artifacts. 

Also note that "Childrens_Wrath" is reporting the same issue (I met on region chat luckily)

Hey 360, can you please submit a support ticket with an EE log and a copy of your dxdiag? This could help us narrow down what exactly is going on with the engine when the issue occurs, as well as give us a detailed look at your system specs.

Tickets can be submitted here: http://support.warframe.com/

Ideally it would be best if you used an EE log that was retrieved immediately after you have had this freezing occur.

Your EE.log can be found at the following location:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Warframe

To retrieve your dxdiag simply follow these steps:
1. Hold down Win + R
2. Type "dxdiag" and click "OK" 
3. Click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice 

In the meantime we are going to try to reproduce this on our end and see if we have any luck. I'll be sure to let you know if we find anything.
Thanks a lot.
Edited by DE_Dmitri

I have the exact same problem.

I have a thread going on this and its definetly account problem

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/64136-game-hanging/

I have started a second account and put the same settings using same launcher and dont the issue.

As soon as log into my proper account i get the problem

And its really annoying .Having to set attifact , aim sensitivity , sound levels. and if my friends joins ne to play in online game and I go into Arsenal to add mods it kicks him from my group .

I have stopped playing this game at the moment because it is ruining my enjoyment of the game

And now Im happy that someelse has this problem so maybe someone will have a look into it for us

Its NOT driver issue as i said I have started another account and that plays fine .

But everytime I try log into my main account afterwards i have these issues

Now since i read this it made me think .I was in a group farming a boss and 3 of us clicked to farm the boss again.cant remember which one but the other guy in group picked to do an alert.So game started and it sent us to the alert which i didnt need so I quit out of the game .And went back to do bosses .There could be a issue there i dont know ..but it aint my PC the game ran perfect up until 10 days ago

Edited by Kopitee

It seems like you are having a possible driver issue. Try upgrading to the newest Nvidia or AMD/ATI drivers and upgrade your audio driver.

-Remember to download the drivers first, then uninstall the old ones before installing the new ones. 

-I would make a restore point too before uninstalling the old drivers.

Second thought is it could be a performance conflict with open software running.  Try closing opens apps you dont need running while you are running Warframe.

It shouldn't be that because my computer is crashing more (at least on PlanetSide 2) with the newest driver so it could possibly crash more on Warframe as well, so I am sticking with the 2nd newest driver because it is more stable.

All my other drivers are up to date, including audio and such. Also, I've played with and without Razer Gamebooster and there was no difference.

I have the exact same problem.

I have a thread going on this and its definetly account problem

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/64136-game-hanging/

I have started a second account and put the same settings using same launcher and dont the issue.

As soon as log into my proper account i get the problem

And its really annoying .Having to set attifact , aim sensitivity , sound levels. and if my friends joins ne to play in online game and I go into Arsenal to add mods it kicks him from my group .

I have stopped playing this game at the moment because it is ruining my enjoyment of the game

And now Im happy that someelse has this problem so maybe someone will have a look into it for us

Its NOT driver issue as i said I have started another account and that plays fine .

But everytime I try log into my main account afterwards i have these issues

Now since i read this it made me think .I was in a group farming a boss and 3 of us clicked to farm the boss again.cant remember which one but the other guy in group picked to do an alert.So game started and it sent us to the alert which i didnt need so I quit out of the game .And went back to do bosses .There could be a issue there i dont know ..but it aint my PC the game ran perfect up until 10 days ago

The most anoying part of this to me is that I do void, a lot. So I can't spam my inventory with ammo or health and I don't want to upgrade my stuff or equip artifacts if I don't want to get kicked out of the server (or match). 

Thanks for testing it with another file, I wouldn't think it was a driver issue because the game ran well besides for that one random moment and now it's "broken".

Hey 360, can you please submit a support ticket with an EE log and a copy of your dxdiag? This could help us narrow down what exactly is going on with the engine when the issue occurs, as well as give us a detailed look at your system specs.

Tickets can be submitted here: http://support.warframe.com/

Ideally it would be best if you used an EE log that was retrieved immediately after you have had this freezing occur.

Your EE.log can be found at the following location:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Warframe

To retrieve your dxdiag simply follow these steps:
1. Hold down Win + R
2. Type "dxdiag" and click "OK" 
3. Click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice 

In the meantime we are going to try to reproduce this on our end and see if we have any luck. I'll be sure to let you know if we find anything.
Thanks a lot.

After a while of searching, I still haven't found "EE.log"

I never submitted a support ticket and I am relatively new to this game so sorry :/

Don't have AppData on there. Also note that I have Windows 8 and use Steam (I did find where Warframe is located on steam but didn't find EE.log) if that helps. 

It is likely hidden. This should make it visible in Windows 8:

- Open your Control Panel 

- Type "folder" in the search box on the top right corner

- Click "Folder Options"

- In the Folder Options window, click "View"

- Select "Show hidden files, folders and drives" and then click OK

It will still appear in C:\Users\[Your Username]AppData\Local\Warframe regardless of which client you use.