Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Should I Build and Polarize Mirage?

Voidforged

Question

miragebuilds_WIP.jpg

The build on the left is a generic blind build. Theoretically, I would add another Naramon(-) polarity, under Constitution, so I could fit Cunning Drift for 250% range.

The build on the right is my work in progress Hall of Malevolence / Eclipse build. Theoretically, I'd add an additional two Madurai(V) polarities, under and above Transient Fortitude, so I could fit Intensify and Power Drift for maximum strength.

There is no point building sub-par, so, Primed Flow, Primed Continuity, Transient Fortitude, and Narrow Minded will all be ranked to maximum as soon as possible.

Exilus slot can't be polarized because each build needs a different type. Putting another Naramon(-) will ruin the build on the right, but adding the two Madurai(V) polarities will ruin the build on the left. Is that correct or am I missing something?

How would you polarize her? Am I overestimating the importance of a mod or stat? Is it possible to fit both of these builds on a single frame or do I need another?

Assume unlimited forma/plat.

All advice and opinions are both welcome and appreciated.

Edited by Voidforged

9 answers to this question

You could have 2 Mirages, otherwise, I would switch out the Natural Talent on the left build for a mod with a V polarity, then I would add a V polarity. Primed Flow isn't necessary. so that's another thing you could change.

Seeing how you've no power mods on your left screenshot, you're going for a stun build?

(This will be for solo play or when you don't have a EV trin with you) Potentially on the right build I'd use a Fleeting expertise at +50% efficiency -50% duration. You could max it if you want, and it'd allow you to add another Naromon polarity without messing with any of the builds too much. However I'm basing this off my build and the fact that I prefer to be able to have either a permanent eclipse/malevolent build or close to it.

However if you've a EV Trin and you're running something like a +2 hour long survival/long defense (I'd never use something similar to your right build if I didn't intend on going for a long run using Eclipse), Using Constitution would work instead of the Fleeting Expertise, and if you're staying so long, I'd remove Quick Thinking and use something else as pretty much anything will one shot you at that point, and if it'd two shot you, losing your energy sucks when everything goes wrong (which with a decent group, it shouldn't). Instead of Quick Thinking you could then use Streamline/Fleeting Expertise/Stretch. In the situation of a EV trin with, I'd go with Stretch to power up my allies in a longer range or intensify for that extra power.

Pretty much how I play at higher levels is the "glass cannon" style as I depend on CC being king, which actually gives you the possibility to use Natural Talent for that boost in casting speed for tossing out a Prism for a maybe needed stun.

If you do decide to try some of these out, let me know what you think, strengths and weaknesses of it :)

Just now, Kaiayi said:

You could have 2 Mirages, otherwise, I would switch out the Natural Talent on the left build for a mod with a V polarity, then I would add a V polarity. Primed Flow isn't necessary. so that's another thing you could change.

Which Madurai(V) mod would you install in place of Natural Talent? Looking at my list, the only plausible mod I own is Rage.

Primed Flow is installed only because of Quick Thinking. Mirage only has 594 Health/Shields with maxed out Vitality/Redirection. She has 640 Energy with a maxed Primed Flow, consider 240% efficiency from Quick Thinking and you have 1546EHP, not taking into account Health/Shields.

Drop Quick Thinking and Primed Flow for Vitality and Rage? Rage could be installed into the new Madurai(V) slot whilst the Vitality in the place of Quick Thinking. How does this effect her survivability?

Keep in mind that Prism has a 2 second casting animation without Natural Talent. Though I suppose it doesn't really matter as you can cast whilst aim gliding.

Blind build looks good as is.

Though personally Constitution isn't something I'd ever use unless you do want the extra knockdown recovery or resist (whatever that mod has lol). The extra duration is nice, but the point cost is just so high it doesn't feel worth it. It also does give you that hassle with running both builds because of the cost. You could probably run Cunning Drift instead of this then run Endurance Drift in your Exilus slot, which happens to share the polarity with Power Drift.

Overall you'll lose the duration, but you'll get extra Energy for survival and casting and the additional parkour velocity and still get the extra range.

The HoM build is also pretty solid. I'd personally opt for Coaction Drift with Rifle Amp as my Aura though, unless running in a group with CP. Either Way Rifle amp is a good boost of power for HoM compared to a solo CP imo.

8 minutes ago, Rexian said:

Seeing how you've no power mods on your left screenshot, you're going for a stun build?

(This will be for solo play or when you don't have a EV trin with you) Potentially on the right build I'd use a Fleeting expertise at +50% efficiency -50% duration. You could max it if you want, and it'd allow you to add another Naromon polarity without messing with any of the builds too much. However I'm basing this off my build and the fact that I prefer to be able to have either a permanent eclipse/malevolent build or close to it.

However if you've a EV Trin and you're running something like a +2 hour long survival/long defense (I'd never use something similar to your right build if I didn't intend on going for a long run using Eclipse), Using Constitution would work instead of the Fleeting Expertise, and if you're staying so long, I'd remove Quick Thinking and use something else as pretty much anything will one shot you at that point, and if it'd two shot you, losing your energy sucks when everything goes wrong (which with a decent group, it shouldn't). Instead of Quick Thinking you could then use Streamline/Fleeting Expertise/Stretch. In the situation of a EV trin with, I'd go with Stretch to power up my allies in a longer range or intensify for that extra power.

Pretty much how I play at higher levels is the "glass cannon" style as I depend on CC being king, which actually gives you the possibility to use Natural Talent for that boost in casting speed for tossing out a Prism for a maybe needed stun.

If you do decide to try some of these out, let me know what you think, strengths and weaknesses of it :)

The build to the left is pure crowd control, yes. Usually for raids, interception or mobile defense.

What would you drop from the build on the right to slot in Fleeting Expertise? And is it necessary? With 640 energy and 220% duration, energy doesn't seem to be an issue. 

The build on the right is more designed for long runs, yes. Personally I would prefer Constitution over Fleeting Expertise as I'd rather cast once every 90 seconds instead of twice every 120.

Would adding Stretch to a build with a maxed Narrow Minded be worth it? It would bring only bring the range up to 80%.

Removing Quick Thinking is a possibility, you're right in saying that it doesn't make much difference late game. I don't usually find myself relying on it, but it has saved me from many bombard or napalm rockets. I'd say that it stops being useful when the mobs breach level one hundred. Is it worth keeping below that mark?

1 hour ago, Ruby_Rose_ said:

Blind build looks good as is.

Though personally Constitution isn't something I'd ever use unless you do want the extra knockdown recovery or resist (whatever that mod has lol). The extra duration is nice, but the point cost is just so high it doesn't feel worth it. It also does give you that hassle with running both builds because of the cost. You could probably run Cunning Drift instead of this then run Endurance Drift in your Exilus slot, which happens to share the polarity with Power Drift.

Overall you'll lose the duration, but you'll get extra Energy for survival and casting and the additional parkour velocity and still get the extra range.

The HoM build is also pretty solid. I'd personally opt for Coaction Drift with Rifle Amp as my Aura though, unless running in a group with CP. Either Way Rifle amp is a good boost of power for HoM compared to a solo CP imo.

Good points. I didn't even consider Endurance Drift. 15% of 225 energy is 33.75, which is also an additional 81 EHP with Quick Thinking. It allows better synergy between the two builds polarities too.

Is that more valuable than 28% duration and 40% faster knockdown recovery?

The problems with Rifle Amp is that it doesn't scale like Corrosive Projection does, and that it's increases the damage of only 1 out of 4 potential sources. These builds need to be viable for both solo and team play, in a variety of situations.

EDIT;

mirageblindbuild.jpg

Finalized Blind build. (left)

Without Constitution the blind duration is still 23.5 seconds, totally unnecessary when you're re-casting it every 8 seconds.

There is nothing beneficial to replace Constitution with, so moving Cunning Drift from the Exilus slot to the general slots grants the addition of Endurance Drift, which has some small bonuses and allows the polarities of both builds to match.

Polarizing the Exilus slot into a Zenurik(") will grant enough points to finish maxing all the mods for the build on the left.

Still having issues with the Hall of Malevolence build. (right)

EDIT 2;

Optionally. for the Hall of Malevolence build, instead of having both Transient Fortitude and Intensify, I could drop Transient Fortitude for Intensify. I'd lose 55% strength but regain 30% duration and I'd have another slot. Is there anything that would be more beneficial in this slot than the previous combo?

Power Drift will be in the Exilus slot.

Edited by Voidforged

59 minutes ago, Voidforged said:

Good points. I didn't even consider Endurance Drift. 15% of 225 energy is 33.75, which is also an additional 81 EHP with Quick Thinking. It allows better synergy between the two builds polarities too.

Is that more valuable than 28% duration and 40% faster knockdown recovery?

The problems with Rifle Amp is that it doesn't scale like Corrosive Projection does, and that it's increases the damage of only 1 out of 4 potential sources. These builds need to be viable for both solo and team play, in a variety of situations.

Like I said it something that could be considered.

Rifle Amp increases the damage of your weapon, HoM uses a % of your Damage. But in your case, for build flexibility, CP would work much better.

13 minutes ago, Voidforged said:

The build to the left is pure crowd control, yes. Usually for raids, interception or mobile defense.

What would you drop from the build on the right to slot in Fleeting Expertise? And is it necessary? With 640 energy and 220% duration, energy doesn't seem to be an issue. 

The build on the right is more designed for long runs, yes. Personally I would prefer Constitution over Fleeting Expertise as I'd rather cast once every 90 seconds instead of twice every 120.

Would adding Stretch to a build with a maxed Narrow Minded be worth it? It would bring only bring the range up to 80%.

Removing Quick Thinking is a possibility, you're right in saying that it doesn't make much difference late game. I don't usually find myself relying on it, but it has saved me from many bombard or napalm rockets. I'd say that it stops being useful when the mobs breach level one hundred. Is it worth keeping below that mark?

Using Stretch would allow you to support your team with dealing damage too. But if you don't want that, you're able to skip using it. And as I said I base my builds off if I have a EV trinity with me or not (as I prefer not to use energy pads as a reliable source of energy).

If you'd remove Quick thinking, you could put in stretch and constitution. There's the posibility of removing one of the Vazarin polarities and replace it with a Naramon (D). Removing the polarity would mean you'd not be so forced to have another Naramon mod on.

3 hours ago, Voidforged said:

EDIT 2;

Optionally. for the Hall of Malevolence build, instead of having both Transient Fortitude and Intensify, I could drop Transient Fortitude for Intensify. I'd lose 55% strength but regain 30% duration and I'd have another slot. Is there anything that would be more beneficial in this slot than the previous combo?

Power Drift will be in the Exilus slot.

Streamline or Fleeting Expertise. Even though you have a lot of energy, HoM and Eclipse are both things you'd want to have up as much as possible, efficiency would be a huge benefit.

If you want to keep your duration as is, use Streamline. If you want the extra efficiency for a bit of a reduction to duration go for FE.

Another possible option would be maybe a Vitality or Rage. You have quick thinking, either of these would help. Rage will allow to to gain energy as you take hits, giving you more EHP that way, or Vitality can be used as a bit of a buffer before you start getting to the point where you will trigger QT.