Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

AWPticor, what is it and what should it be?

bernad2218

Compared to the Daikyu, the Opticor is hitscan, cannot hold charge, and cannot 1-shot the same number of targets outside of 15m since Daikyu has Springloaded Broadhead. Daikyu may be projectile, but it received a projectile speed buff a bit ago.

I believe Opticor has a 2.5sec full-charge, and only can partial charge fire at half-way, not just a half second in, so there is a weird small time window to fire the weapon, which is different from Daikyu's 5sec hold.

Daikyu rhymes with haiku and Kaiju, of which Godzilla is a Kaiju. Opticor...doesn't sound like the name of Godzilla's rival.

59 minutes ago, -cS-Nighttide77 said:

Daikyu rhymes with haiku and Kaiju, of which Godzilla is a Kaiju. Opticor...doesn't sound like the name of Godzilla's rival.

Id like my daikyu with .1 second charge time, hitscan, perfect accuracy, 30m explosive radius but still has punchthrough (like it hits a person boom 30m blast, hit the wall boom another 30m blast), 3000 dmg, and a water bottle holder.

ok im ready for godzilla

3 minutes ago, Lordricker said:

Id like my daikyu with .1 second charge time, hitscan, perfect accuracy, 30m explosive radius but still has punchthrough (like it hits a person boom 30m blast, hit the wall boom another 30m blast), 3000 dmg, and a water bottle holder.

ok im ready for godzilla

Heh, 30m AOE makes me think of how the Staticor was at its introduction.

yea your like 2 rooms over and it says your killed by the guy with staticor XD

i do have to say opticor black energy is annoying on some maps, like why was I staggered?(looks at hp) oh now i have 5 health cause half charged shot hit me

20 minutes ago, Lordricker said:

yea your like 2 rooms over and it says your killed by the guy with staticor XD

i do have to say opticor black energy is annoying on some maps, like why was I staggered?(looks at hp) oh now i have 5 health cause half charged shot hit me

Yeah, black energy is still something that is a real pain, would be nice if dark energy color is restricted in general.

I usually use white as the energy for my opticor (if i actually use it) because that makes it fair for others

Guest Pun-chee
3 hours ago, Phasedragon said:

2 yes but not do as much damage or stagger

Partially charged shot, direct hit, does stagger.

Guest Pun-chee
3 minutes ago, Phasedragon said:

If I read the post correctly, this is a suggestion for what they should be, not what they are. I think that needed more clarification on both sides, now, though.

Oh my fault then!

But yeah I'm for removing stagger, too.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, AnzeBozic said:

4. Has travel time, cant shoot mid charge and a bit less damage but it has better mods, faster charge (especially with mod), initial pounchtrough and ability to hold full charge for 5s

Is this part about Daikyu or Opticor? Because Daikyu's RoF cant be increased as per 18.5 

10 minutes ago, AnzeBozic said:

3. Why? Well it is a freaking hand-held cannon. Makes sense.

Even Penta doesnt Stagger (afaik), this is kind of a liiiiiittle bit unnecessary advantage that the Opticor has beside its high damage compared to other single-shot weapon. Tbh i reccomend removing it EXCEPT for the full-charge because it makes follow-up attack after mid-charge shot really easy to execute.

1 hour ago, bernad2218 said:

Even Penta doesnt Stagger (afaik), this is kind of a liiiiiittle bit unnecessary advantage that the Opticor has beside its high damage compared to other single-shot weapon. Tbh i reccomend removing it EXCEPT for the full-charge because it makes follow-up attack after mid-charge shot really easy to execute.

Personally, I don't see how a full charged stagger is going to be anything useful.... it will 1-shot pretty much everyone anyway.

What I think Opticor is compared to Daikyu, it is hitscan, more accurate when hipfire,you can shoot without full charge, but you cannot hold charge

I started using the Opticor and also did some tests with it.

THESE ARE WITH MAX COMET ROUNDS

1. Direct hit (generally) kills light frames at >75% charge, medium frames at >85%, and tanky frames at >95%

2. The minimum charge required to fire is around 33% or 1/3 charge. This will generally only be able to take out shields.

3. Because F*** balance. (It does stagger, but it really shouldn't stagger in an ideal world)

4. I think it's better than the Daikyu because it can be fired partial charge, is accurate, is hitscan, has a stagger, and does more damage at all ranges on a full charge. The only thing is that it's actually more difficult to use because you have to, generally, hit the 80% - 100% charge timing window. With the Daikyu, you can hold the max charge for a bit. This actually makes a massive difference in how you use these two weapons.

Edited by Azarakidragon

On 16/4/2016 at 0:47 PM, Azarakidragon said:

1. Direct hit (generally) kills light frames at >75% charge, medium frames at >85%, and tanky frames at >95%

2. The minimum charge required to fire is around 33% or 1/3 charge. This will generally only be able to take out shields.

4. I think it's better than the Daikyu because it can be fired partial charge, is accurate, is hitscan, has a stagger, and does more damage at all ranges on a full charge. The only thing is that it's actually more difficult to use because you have to, generally, hit the 80% - 100% charge timing window. With the Daikyu, you can hold the max charge for a bit. This actually makes a massive difference in how you use these two weapons.

1 - Nah, Mesa+30 doesn't get oneshotted on 50% charge headshot(which is the same as a full charge due to the 2.0x multiplier), and so Frost, Frost P, Rhino, Rhino P, and Nezha with ward don't either.
2 - It's more of a 40-45% actually : http://i.gyazo.com/0a2a64f85271dfe91db0a2ed894a4640.png
4 - Have you made a Daikyu ? Haven't yet to see you play one. Anyway, 200m/s is pretty much hitscan-like to me, and well, Spring-Loaded Broadhead does oneshot Mesa+30, so it's better than full charge Opticor at >15m imo. As for the massive difference in gameplay with one or the other, I totally agree on that point, playing with one of these as you would play with the other one will most likely be counterproductive.

As for how I'd like the opticor to be, I just have this in mind : Make headshots oneshot. And just remove the aoe totally, can't care less about 0.3m of 7% damage.

Also, on another note, make an option in the display menu to disable the laser showing for the one using it, it's just plainly annoying(and I'm tired of explaining that I use black energy due to that).