Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exalibur bug? or its broken.

darklit

Question

So I am pretty familiar with Excalibur's exalted blade. but I have yet to red crit. I was searching for a way to get to that level. so I found this build online and I should have a 44% chance to red crit on a slide attack, with the naramon lense but I have yet to do so. here is the build.

Warframe builder is telling me I should have a 44% chance to red crit (could just be flawed mechanics). And the wiki is saying I have a 48% chance to do a normal crit, with no red crit chance

I used a dragon nikana to simulate exalted blades 15%  base crit. as you can see, just with maiming strike and true steel, I should have a 14% chance to hit a red crit right? but not according to this formula.

(Crit Chance = Weapon Crit Chance × (1 + Mod Crit Chance) × (1 + Deadly Intent Crit Chance))

48% Crit Chance = (15% on dragon nikana) x (1 + 1.5 for the 2 crit mods) x (1 + .30 max Naramon focus)

using this formula, I found on the wiki. I get that the crit chance on exalted blade after focus, mods, and slide attack is 48%. But then im looking at warframe builder, and im seeing 144% crit chance with the Naramon tree.

sorry if its confusing, but does maiming strike effect exalted blade?

please help

Edited by darklit
clarifiation

7 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, darklit said:

I realize that its not worth it. I say again. my goal was simply to red crit. I am not asking for build advice. I am seeking people to answer that have more knowledge on this subject than me.

I am just wondering why its not possible. when it seems perfectly feasible.

The long and short of it, according to what I'm looking at from wiki, EB has a 15% chance to crit but is rather specific in which mods it takes from. Maiming strike is NOT in that list.

Maiming Strike does not affect weapons generated by Warframe Abilities such as Exalted BladeHysteria and Primal Fury. - from the wiki for maiming strike itself.

maiming strike is SLIDE attack modifier which exalted does not really have, even if it is in the pool of effecting mods. A wave may still cast but the delay in mini slide blind animation would not make it worth it.

Edited by OvAeons

I realize its not worth it, but my goal was to perform a red crit on a slide attack with exalted blade.

I don't see how exalted blade doesent have a slide attack modifier. I see it right there on the wiki. it even has a name. "Judged Severance"

I realize that its not worth it. I say again. my goal was simply to red crit. I am not asking for build advice. I am seeking people to answer that have more knowledge on this subject than me.

I am just wondering why its not possible. when it seems perfectly feasible.

Edited by darklit
clarification