Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why isn't my efficiency working as intended?

Obsidiangoat

Question

I've looked it up but I can't find any definite answers, so I'm asking you guys, possibly pointing out a bug.

I'm using Equinox, his ultimate ability has a 3.5/s drain, with max efficiency (175%) it should go down to 0,8/s or around that, instead it goes to 3.15/s.

With a duration build however, with 130% efficiency and 183% duration it goes down to 1.34/s. Is this a bug? Is duration a factor? Please explain/fix this issue, thank you in advance.

EDIT: Efficiency is working perfect with Ivara, her drain went from 1/s to 0,25/s which is exactly 175% efficiency. Maybe this is an equinox problem only?

2ND EDIT: Same happens with ember, Efficiency doesn't match the 175% when it comes to the ultimate ability, forcing me to add duration when I don't need or use it, cluttering up my build entirely.

7 answers to this question

Ever since a change in u18, duration effects efficiency on toggled abilities.

If you are just affecting duration by maxing fleeting and streamline, it's ok, because the extra 15% efficiency cancels out the duration penalty.

However, using transient fortitude will lower the duration even further, which will cancel out some efficiency.

Its complicated, I'm sure there is an equation for it on the wiki

Toggle abilities use duration in addition to efficiency to calculate their cost. You need to divide the theoretical cost of the ability by your duration value.

To get capped efficiency on both the initial cast and for the duration, you need to use one of these combos (or higher values):

• 190% efficiency, 40% duration (Maxed Fleeting Expertise and Streamline)
  • 180% efficiency, 80% duration (Rank 4 Fleeting Expertise and Streamline + some duration mods)
  • 175% efficiency, 100% duration (Rank 4 Fleeting Expertise and Rank 4 Streamline + some duration mods)
  • 160% efficiency, 160% duration (Maxed Fleeting Expertise and some duration mods)
  • 130% efficiency, 280% duration (Maxed Streamline and all duration mods)

Even though arsenal doesn't show the efficiency getting higher than 175%, it's used in calculation for the toggle cost if your mods give you more than that.

Since 190% efficiency puts the theoretical cost of the ability at 10% of it's base, we'd divide 0.1 with 0.4, getting to 0.25. This is the minimum cost of an ability which is 25% of the base cost.

Edited by Naftal

3 minutes ago, Zoracraft said:

Ever since a change in u18, duration effects efficiency on toggled abilities.

If you are just affecting duration by maxing fleeting and streamline, it's ok, because the extra 15% efficiency cancels out the duration penalty.

However, using transient fortitude will lower the duration even further, which will cancel out some efficiency.

Its complicated, I'm sure there is an equation for it on the wiki

So in order to use ANY channel warframe I have to shove duration even though I don't need it there?

3 minutes ago, Obsidiangoat said:

So in order to use ANY channel warframe I have to shove duration even though I don't need it there?

Not entirely true, with a max Fleeting + streamline, you only need 40% duration to get max channeling efficiency, assuming you aren't using blind rage.

4 minutes ago, Obsidiangoat said:

You actually need it very much as it's both efficiency AND duration that affects energy drain on channeled abilities. Take a look at the chart on the right of Power Efficiency page on wiki. It will give you overview how much duration you need to maintain the lowest cost.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Deflinek said:

You actually need it very much as it's both efficiency AND duration that affects energy drain on channeled abilities. Take a look at the chart on the right of Power Efficiency page on wiki. It will give you overview how much duration you need to maintain the lowest cost.

I've been reading it and comments as well, I feel like it's an awful decision, why not take the duration of said ticks entirely? Making it unalterable? Quite frankly it just makes you clutter your build with unwanted mods. I basically have a little bit of duration, lil bit of power, max efficiency to make it not consume my energy pool in a planck instant.