Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

New Chat is Very Inefficient.

(PSN)iBoiz

I'm enjoying new update but looks like its another update where something that works fine on PC is not working good on consoles. 

There is a serious problem with how new chat is working. I've spent several hours trying it and its inefficient.

Here are the steps to pm someone.

1. Press Triangle (to bring players name)

2. Press Square (to bring "A-Z Scroll") select letter > Select player to talk to(opens new tab)

3. Press Triangle again

4. Press X to start chat > write message

5. Press Triangle again

6. Press X again > Close Tabs. Repeat to pm someone else.

As you can see the main problem is we have to keep opening and closing extra boxes tab (players, and "A-Z Scroll"). And we can only type once all boxes are closed.

I suggest we make use of Right and Left d-pad for opening and closing these boxes, and keep Square button to start chat like it was before the update.

Here is how it would work to pm someone.

1. Press Right d-pad to open players box, pressing again would bring "A-Z Scroll" (Left d-pad to close boxes) > select player to talk to (opens new tab)

2. Press Square to start chat > write message.

3. Press X > close tab.

------------------------------------------------

Dedicating whole tab to Emoji also seems useless. We can't even select stuff from it.

Edited by (PS4)iBoiz

Yes, YEs, YES, YESSSSSSS! Thank you for making this post. I was about make a similar feedback on the same topic. The new Chat Navigation has too many sub-menus that are unnecessary cluttered. It may be different on PC, but for console, there are too many button presses. As stated above, the number of times I need to press Triangle to open/close a tab is too many. Can we have the player list open all the time and get rid of needing to pressing Triangle to open the list? (similar to old chat). 

Also, why is the new start writing chat message denote to the X button, whereas it was Square before? If you were to add the new emojis, then you should reserve X for the emojis and kept Square to start writing (for consistency sake). There are more annoyances, but I'll let other add them. 

^ For emojis, it would be better to assign Triangle to it, X is needed to select players/bring options like Close Tab/Invite etc

Also, why would they make chat background transparent? Chat looks very messy when there is another text behind.

Edited by (PS4)iBoiz

Congratulation if you wanted to break the chat on console was a clear @(*()$ success..

Atrociuos trading before now its double the effort to gain what exaclty, EMOJIES?! GTFO

U can't even select em jst scrooll through them so u actually have to go out of your way to add the ::

just so a spactic image of an certain emotion can be dispayed :FURIOUS: 

Seriously  on the plus side the new look of the chat HUD its improved just went 10 steps back on functionality,

PLZ fix this asap

• 2 weeks later...