Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Help Understanding Cloning Bodytype Results

Warp_Darkmatter

Question

Apologies for my ignorance but I need help understanding how precisely the bodytype of a cloned Kubrow is determined. 

I had two imprints from a Lotus Sahasa with an Athletic build. I combined these two imprints hoping to get a copy. I thought for example that the colors/ type/ pattern/ and body type would remain the same as the original but that height was randomized. However, I logged in to find that my Kubrow, while having the same color/ type/ and pattern was NOT athletic but was instead skinny. I tried this again with another Athletic  and got the same results with the new kubrow being skinny.

Is this normal? Is bodytype random? Is it a recessive gene type situation and I just got unlucky? Any help would be appreciated.

3 answers to this question

Are these two "skinny" kubrows perhaps both females, while the "athletic" is a male? Female kubrows have thin, puffy fur and it makes them look a lot skinnier than they actually are in comparison to males of the same body type. Gender is also random when incubating with prints, just like height.

As far as I know- build from a set of the same imprints from the same kubrow will always be the same unless something has changed without it being noted in update logs.

As far as I understand, only the general build (Heavy, Regular, Thin) is stored in the imprint. Therefore, the exact build (Athletic, skinny,...) is still random. However, I'm not sure, whether Athletic belongs to regular or thin... but probably it's thin, which would explain your problem.