The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speed Dating [Open RP, IC, Probably +18] Revived~

Denny2669

2 minutes ago, Sintag said:

-Rhys nodded, calm.  He'd had enough alcohol for the night, he figured, so he decided against ordering.-  "Go ahead.  By my guess, though, you appear to be working rather closely with Simaris.  Nobody I've seen synthesizes their drinks."

Sei giggled. "Actually, this scanner is altered. It sends data to my own setup. You see, I'm a hacker."

1 minute ago, KuraioNokami said:

Sei giggled. "Actually, this scanner is altered. It sends data to my own setup. You see, I'm a hacker."

-Rhys leaned forward, decidedly interested.-  "Really now?  So, what, you were getting the recipes or something?  I mean, I dunno."

3 minutes ago, Sintag said:

-Rhys leaned forward, decidedly interested.-  "Really now?  So, what, you were getting the recipes or something?  I mean, I dunno."

"Data. I hack systems from a distance, steal the data and sell it to high bidders. But even real life has rather interesting data."

28 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

"Data. I hack systems from a distance, steal the data and sell it to high bidders. But even real life has rather interesting data."

"I see.  So if I had to guess, my data's currently being traced and I'm about to become...well, even more well known than I am already.  You ever hear talk of "The Redecorator", long story, amongst the Grineer or Corpus?"

1 minute ago, Sintag said:

"I see.  So if I had to guess, my data's currently being traced and I'm about to become...well, even more well known than I am already.  You ever hear talk of "The Redecorator", long story, amongst the Grineer or Corpus?"

Sei shook her head. "I have not."

Just now, KuraioNokami said:

Sei shook her head. "I have not."

"Well, two things.  One, that means I'm doing the "leave no witnesses" thing right, and two, that's me.  Got the nickname after I, shall we say, repainted a room full of Corpus.  In red.  With shades of pink."

5 minutes ago, Sintag said:

"Well, two things.  One, that means I'm doing the "leave no witnesses" thing right, and two, that's me.  Got the nickname after I, shall we say, repainted a room full of Corpus.  In red.  With shades of pink."

Sei nodded. "I see. Data like that would be very valuable. However, if it endangers you, I will need to heavily encrypt it, codename it and sell it for a MINIMUM of 20000000000000000 platinum. Even hackers and data merchants have rules."

Sei nodded. "I see. Data like that would be very valuable. However, if it endangers you, I will need to heavily encrypt it, codename it and sell it for a MINIMUM of 20000000000000000 platinum. Even hackers and data merchants have rules."

-Rhys quietly began writing that down.  When he got the total figure and amount, his eyes went wide as he glanced up at Sei.-  "So basically about...Give or take a digit or two here, twenty quadrillion.  ...Not even the Corpus Board combined has that amount.  I made sure of that, at least."

Just now, Sintag said:

-Rhys quietly began writing that down.  When he got the total figure and amount, his eyes went wide as he glanced up at Sei.-  "So basically about...Give or take a digit or two here, twenty quadrillion.  ...Not even the Corpus Board combined has that amount.  I made sure of that, at least."

"It's the rule. If data I'm selling could mean a threat to someone's life when bought by the wrong buyer, I'm only allowed to sell it if I make sure there is a 0.0000000000000000000000001% chance or less of it ever being bought."

"It's the rule. If data I'm selling could mean a threat to someone's life when bought by the wrong buyer, I'm only allowed to sell it if I make sure there is a 0.0000000000000000000000001% chance or less of it ever being bought."

-Rhys gave Sei a relieved smile, albeit less at her and more at the fact that the underground hacking market had some pretty hefty standards.-  "I see."

1 minute ago, Sintag said:

-Rhys gave Sei a relieved smile, albeit less at her and more at the fact that the underground hacking market had some pretty hefty standards.-  "I see."

"Then again, this data is just too valuable to me, so I wasn't going to sell it anyway. Nor do I need the money... After all, when you're selling copies of the Lotus'... Personal data... You don't need much else."

10 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

"Then again, this data is just too valuable to me, so I wasn't going to sell it anyway. Nor do I need the money... After all, when you're selling copies of the Lotus'... Personal data... You don't need much else."

-Rhys's head tilted a little.-  "Too valuable?  What do you mean by this...?"  -He wisely chose to say nothing of the Lotus's personal data.-

3 minutes ago, Sintag said:

-Rhys's head tilted a little.-  "Too valuable?  What do you mean by this...?"  -He wisely chose to say nothing of the Lotus's personal data.-

"I can use this data, as well as my homemade hacking software known as 'Assimilation', to turn you, or at least a data version of you, into a spyware/malware program and back. That's how I steal data."

2 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

"I can use this data, as well as my homemade hacking software known as 'Assimilation', to turn you, or at least a data version of you, into a spyware/malware program and back. That's how I steal data."

"That's...Actually really cool, not gonna lie."  -Rhys's face has changed to one of surprise and awe.-  "Never was an amazing hacker myself.  Still could be relied on to break into vaults nonetheless, though what you're playing at here is an entirely different ballgame."

Just now, Sintag said:

"That's...Actually really cool, not gonna lie."  -Rhys's face has changed to one of surprise and awe.-  "Never was an amazing hacker myself.  Still could be relied on to break into vaults nonetheless, though what you're playing at here is an entirely different ballgame."

"My weapons, too, Assimilate data for me to use as hacking tools. Say I kill a Hellion with my Gammacor. It will then be turned into data, which I can then send to other systems as a virus. Each talent can be used digitally, too. Hellions, for example, can resist deletion through antivirus software. Bursas can go through firewalls with ease. Boilers upload more malware as they themselves are erased. Loki-using Tenno can steal data more quickly, et cetera, et cetera. The real-life properties are nigh flawlessly translated over into a digital environment."

7 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

"My weapons, too, Assimilate data for me to use as hacking tools. Say I kill a Hellion with my Gammacor. It will then be turned into data, which I can then send to other systems as a virus. Each talent can be used digitally, too. Hellions, for example, can resist deletion through antivirus software. Bursas can go through firewalls with ease. Boilers upload more malware as they themselves are erased. Loki-using Tenno can steal data more quickly, et cetera, et cetera. The real-life properties are nigh flawlessly translated over into a digital environment."

-Rhys slowly clapped in silent awe.-  "So basically, I'm sitting with a hacker who has figured out a way to turn anything into a virus.  I feel rather small by comparison."

4 hours ago, KuraioNokami said:

Sei giggled. "Trust me, you aren't."

-Rhys chuckled a little.- "Well, someone might need to act on that data.  And since you've got Assimilation dot execute on your side of things, if we were talking an organization, it'd be very risky to send you for basic field ops working off of stolen data. ...But an assassin?  One who can massacre a Grineer border team, loot all the vaults - ALL OF THEM - and, if I dare say so, be absolutely handsome whilst pulling both off?  ...I sense a partnership."

On 25 augustus 2016 at 1:01 AM, Sintag said:

-Rhys chuckled a little.- "Well, someone might need to act on that data.  And since you've got Assimilation dot execute on your side of things, if we were talking an organization, it'd be very risky to send you for basic field ops working off of stolen data. ...But an assassin?  One who can massacre a Grineer border team, loot all the vaults - ALL OF THEM - and, if I dare say so, be absolutely handsome whilst pulling both off?  ...I sense a partnership."

Sei nodded. "A partnership... That does sound like it could be quite beneficial to both of us..."

1 hour ago, KuraioNokami said:

Sei shook her head. "No. I think there is only one logical thing to do here and that's accept the offer for a partnership."

"Glad to work with you, Sei.  Just say the magic word, and I shall make magic.  Disappearing acts especially, though."

"Glad to work with you, Sei.  Just say the magic word, and I shall make magic.  Disappearing acts especially, though."

Sei giggled slightly. "Just tell me if you need any info you just can't get. I'll do what I can to get you what you need, and I can do a lot more than 99.9% of the hackers in this system!"

4 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Sei giggled slightly. "Just tell me if you need any info you just can't get. I'll do what I can to get you what you need, and I can do a lot more than 99.9% of the hackers in this system!"

-Rhys smiled.- "Will do, then.  And should anything get too close for comfort, lemme know.  I'll remind it to back away.  If it can walk when I'm done with it.  ...Regardless, now that the quote unqoute serious stuff is out of the way, care for some drinks?" -'So much for my limit, but then I made a partner tonight.  Not every night this happens.', Rhys thought to himself.-

-Rhys smiled.- "Will do, then.  And should anything get too close for comfort, lemme know.  I'll remind it to back away.  If it can walk when I'm done with it.  ...Regardless, now that the quote unqoute serious stuff is out of the way, care for some drinks?" -'So much for my limit, but then I made a partner tonight.  Not every night this happens.', Rhys thought to himself.-

Sei nodded. "Sure. I'd like a shot of Nobel."

((Nobel is a liquor you can only get in Hollum, on Ameland, one of the islands in the netherlands. Just in case anyone was wondering XD))