The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speed Dating [Open RP, IC, Probably +18] Revived~

Denny2669

-Angela's face went more neutral.- "Only sell to other Tenno, and that's the stuff I deem unworthy of me.  The rejects.  Or the odd request.  All manner of things you can make if you don't rely on Dephalon-ordained nanoprecision.  'Course, that's if you know what you're doing.  If you don't, well, more than one Liset's corpse can attest to the fact that not just anyone can take the hobby.  So I'm intrigued.  What's your best creation?"

Kosar smiled, thought it would go unnoticed "When it comes to my hobby, I'd say a hand made Opticor, but with many modifications. I was always a fan of multipurpose equipment, so this one has another firing mode to work like an Ampex, an under barrel spewing shockwaves like a Sonicor, and when all else fails, extend its stock and you have yourself a Serro. Only problem is ammo, energy consumption and weight. I barely got myself to lift it, and nobody seems to be willing to sacrifice their whole loadout for one weapon and link their suits power to it, not to mention modding it for ammo efficiency and picking up every clip of ammo. Still, although unpractical, it's a masterpiece of energy weaponry. I have many others though, like a reverse recoil Cestra, or a three way Convetrix..." he seemed like he could talk about it all day.

"So a giant swiss army energy weapon.  Huh.  Well, I stole some highly experimental technology and made these." -With this, Angela withdraws a pair of pistols.  Small round clips are attached firmly to the sides of either weapon.- "These mark targets for a swarm of drones.  A large one.  Think, say, your Techs, except far and away better.  Only thing I need to improve is drone ammunition and adding an unguided mode for them."

"Please.  You underestimate me.  Painter round costs no ammo whatsoever.  It's...Well, it's basicslly a Void imbued 'flare' of sorts.  There's five drones to a pistol.  Each drone carries ten shots before it expires.  Liie I said, trying to fix that issue without compromising on the weight factor.  Still, one hundred bullets from ten relentless drones.  That's fun to watch in action." -With this, Angela stowed the pistols away.-

"It's the drones that I meant would be expensive, but it seems you have those already. Perhaps try an Oxium frame, but not too much or your pistols will fly away. But thinking about weight, wouldn't such a weapon be more useful in a zero-g environment? Like when you're on archwing missions."

"Problem is, even with the Oxium improvement, that stuff's frail.  I dkn't quite like my guns breaking on me.  The drones, though, I can hit with some more of the stuff.  They're fairly disposable, and decreasing the payload's weight would allow me to add either more drones or more ammo per drone.  Either one's fine by me.  As for zero-g, I'm not exactly an archwing designer.  Too much resources when practically nobody is flying these days, you know?"

"It's a shame Archwing is loosing it's popularity. It has very much potential, not having to worry about the size and weight of the weapon as long as it can tear a hole in a Grineer Galleon. Perhaps if I was to look at the schematics I could find a solution to your problem?"

9 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

"It's a shame Archwing is loosing it's popularity. It has very much potential, not having to worry about the size and weight of the weapon as long as it can tear a hole in a Grineer Galleon. Perhaps if I was to look at the schematics I could find a solution to your problem?"

"Yeah, but the issue of designing for Archwing is that you're essentially building a giant tank gun.  I handcraft or at least heavily modify my stuff, but one, building a new weapon from scratch would be insanely resource heavy, and modifying anything would require several diagnostics and for me to pull several favors from other Syndicates.  Which caused them to come for my head when they realized what I was getting up to just to make the base weaponry."

"Well, me being a Corpus, I rarely had those problems. Research and resources were always in my reach, perks of living in my families shadow is everybody thinking they protect me. I don't even always pay, but I'm fairly rich anyway. The game of profit is an easy one, at least to me. And besides, why wouldn't the syndicates invest in your ideas? They seem worthy of attention."

6 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

"Well, me being a Corpus, I rarely had those problems. Research and resources were always in my reach, perks of living in my families shadow is everybody thinking they protect me. I don't even always pay, but I'm fairly rich anyway. The game of profit is an easy one, at least to me. And besides, why wouldn't the syndicates invest in your ideas? They seem worthy of attention."

"Of course you never had those issues.  You have almost every resource at your beck and call.  As for why the Syndicates all hate me, let's just say that playing all six of them off each other is a very dangerous game.  Moreso if your plan is to acquire every weapon from them."

On 10/02/2016 at 4:43 PM, Sintag said:

"Of course you never had those issues.  You have almost every resource at your beck and call.  As for why the Syndicates all hate me, let's just say that playing all six of them off each other is a very dangerous game.  Moreso if your plan is to acquire every weapon from them."

"I've heard of Tenno simply buying the weapons off of each other instead of going through all their ranks to get access. It's expensive, yes, but a lot more safer that becoming an enemy to every single one of them."

"Speaking of syndicates, aren't there any you would like to join and stay loyal to, and not only for the weapons? I doubt you have somehow angered Cephalon Simaris."

8 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

"I've heard of Tenno simply buying the weapons off of each other instead of going through all their ranks to get access. It's expensive, yes, but a lot more safer that becoming an enemy to every single one of them."

"Speaking of syndicates, aren't there any you would like to join and stay loyal to, and not only for the weapons? I doubt you have somehow angered Cephalon Simaris."

"Eh.  They make for good test material anyway.  If it can't off a squad of Eximi, the weapon needs tuning.  As for the others...Simaris is nuts, and I never much liked Conclave."

1 hour ago, Sintag said:

"Eh.  They make for good test material anyway.  If it can't off a squad of Eximi, the weapon needs tuning.  As for the others...Simaris is nuts, and I never much liked Conclave."

"So, you're basically on your own? No group with big plans for the system you'd like to support?"

"Eh, I kinda preferred going alone anyway.  Besides, what's the point.  The Grineer eill keep cloning, the Corpus will keep bilking people, the Infested will keep assimilating, the Sentients will keep appearjng, and tne Stalker and his friends will keep being edgy.  Least I can do is support those who want to make a difference."

7 minutes ago, Sintag said:

"Eh, I kinda preferred going alone anyway.  Besides, what's the point.  The Grineer eill keep cloning, the Corpus will keep bilking people, the Infested will keep assimilating, the Sentients will keep appearjng, and tne Stalker and his friends will keep being edgy.  Least I can do is support those who want to make a difference."

"But you still ended up on their list of enemies. Doesn't sound really supporting."