The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speed Dating [Open RP, IC, Probably +18] Revived~

Denny2669

1 hour ago, Denny2669 said:

"What's it with people coming here to get drunk? Sheesh..." Luv commented half jokingly. A strong drink was placed before her by an Osprey, but nothing too strong.

"Oh, this night's been a week in the making, young one.  Not your fault."  She sighed, picked up the glass, and drained half of it.

"If I didn't know better, I'd say you're holding out on me with this.  But I like the taste.  Bottle me."  Her head slumped back to the counter.

Edited by Yzjdriel

2 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Oh, this night's been a week in the making, young one.  Not your fault."  She sighed, picked up the glass, and drained half of it.

"If I didn't know better, I'd say you're holding out on me with this.  But I like the taste.  Bottle me."  Her head slumped back to the counter.

"But you realize this is a speed dating bar, right? I mean, you CAN get drunk here, but as long as you actually date someone, or at least try." the Ember said as the glass was refilled almost immediately, and it would do so every time she downs it and asks for more.

14 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"But you realize this is a speed dating bar, right? I mean, you CAN get drunk here, but as long as you actually date someone, or at least try." the Ember said as the glass was refilled almost immediately, and it would do so every time she downs it and asks for more.

"l know.  Right now I just want to forget about everyone who came into my office this week."  She drank another half-glass.

"I swore an oath to do no harm, but some days..."  She sat up straight and looked directly at Luv.  "You ever regret choosing your career?"

56 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"l know.  Right now I just want to forget about everyone who came into my office this week."  She drank another half-glass.

"I swore an oath to do no harm, but some days..."  She sat up straight and looked directly at Luv.  "You ever regret choosing your career?"

"Not really. Prime Tech engineering and this bar's hostess are the best jobs ever. But I see what you mean... I think." Luv replied.

53 minutes ago, CelestialSabre said:

"When i passed by the sign it said Open to All. If you have to be dating someone, then thats not open to all" The voice appears to be coming from a shadowy figure in the corner. Their hood covers their face.

"I was referring to the 'getting drunk' thing. Also, being edgy like that won't get you anyone, dear." the Ember said with a chuckle.

"...Well.  This just got odd." -With this, the Ash flagged down a server osprey.- "A shot of wine, please.  White wine.  Thanks."

-About a moment later, said shot had been downed.- "Good." -And now, the waiting game...-

Edited by Sintag
Forgot we can control these. Rip Sintag

15 minutes ago, CelestialSabre said:

Eraziel grins."Its not a cosplay. Its a real tail" He licks his chops

Luv hopped to the seat next to him, petting him on the head "You're so adorable! But seriously, how did you make this? Organic tissue? 3D printers? Hard light?" she didn't seem to believe him, but she couldn't help herself and just had to pet him.

((So, how does this fit in with the WF universe?))

8 hours ago, KuraioNokami said:

"How intruiging... Six months, you say?"

"Yeah. He got work with an independent syndicate. They posted him on paperwork duties." Lysandra shrugged and took a swig of her drink. "Given what I know of that particular syndicate, their paperwork is...kinda absurd. Have you seen an office where they use the unsigned paperwork as furniture?"

(Edit:
I just read the sheet, AND EXCUSE ME
LYSANDRA DOES NOT DO THAT TO PEOPLE.
PRIMARILY FOR TRAGIC BACKSTORY REASONS.)

Edited by Ghost333

The Nova sat on a stool and looked around the bar. It seemed like a bunch of "colorful" people were around, which made her feel less uneasy. She actualy liked being around different people, it made her curious. She ordered a cup of threshcone black vodka, wondering if anyone would actualy strike up a conversation with her.

53 minutes ago, CelestialSabre said:

Eraziel starts to purr softly, then abruptly stops and shakes his head "Gah, stop that. Also, my tail is completely real. I didnt make it, I was born with it"((I like to say that the Tenno found my kind on the farthest reaches of space)) 

"So genetic mutation? Heh, how far people will go to be cute... who's a cute little kitty?" Luv said in a derpy voice, scratching him behind his cat ear despite his protest.

((Just read the spreadsheet and died, good stuff.))

The Frost's order arrives and knocks off two of his sculptures grabbing one before it hits whilst the other shatters on the floor. Staring at the floor momentarily he looks up and notices the Nova before going back to his order which was a block of Ice.

((Throws a "Sleeping paddy b@stard" at Teloch))

4 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

"Not really. Prime Tech engineering and this bar's hostess are the best jobs ever. But I see what you mean... I think." Luv replied.

"I love the job.  I'm good at it, people appreciate it, and it has its truly rewarding moments.  But then..." she sighed heavily.

"'Dr. Alvarez, why can't I focus on everyday tasks as easily since my triple concussion?' And 'Dr. Alvarez, what's stopping me from getting a good night's sleep after my Clanmate's gruesome death?' Or better yet, 'Dr. Alvarez, what about my horrible taste in home decor is scaring away potential second dates?'  I don't really need a degree to explain these kinds of things to people, do I?"

She "quoted" the hypothetical patients in a patronizingly ironic tone.

Edited by Yzjdriel