The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speed Dating [Open RP, IC, Probably +18] Revived~

Denny2669

11 minutes ago, AurumandArgentum said:

Valentine taps his pen on the counter for a few moments with a straight look on his face before writing. "Honestly? I have no idea, I'm just going abstract and seeing what comes of it as of right now."

She smiles. "That's pretty cool. Is.. Is it okay if I watch?"

4 minutes ago, Wolfheart297 said:

She smiles. "That's pretty cool. Is.. Is it okay if I watch?"

Valentine nods and turns back to his sculpture whilst slowly shaping it into some odd object ((Think some random Ayatan Sculpture, doesn't matter what one)) before leaning back and crossing his arms and shrugging.

15 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

snoop

The man made up his mind on leaving the establishment but also he was somewhat unwilling to leave it like a sore loser - in relatively same sheity mood as he entered. Even though he achieved what he originally wanted - drowned the memories about the previous crappy run in booze - his daily miserable but still existent quota for interpersonal communication was not depleted yet. Even though he didn't feel like asking for amorous adventures right now, perhaps he could just have a warm and casual chat with someone, or even a pep talk... 

Aye, some cozy company would be grand he thought while giving a sideway look to the unnaturally behaving valkyr at the bar.

He scanned the hall again, and, sweet Clem on a flagpole! there was another person in the downed, pretty much as his own, spirit! He slowly rolled up to the alcohol-frenzied Trinity who was drinking booze, slamming her head against the table, and then drinking booze again. Seems like he's not the only one who wanted to punch out foul n' filthy thoughts from his mind.

"Oi, easy there, Doc. The times might be sheity but folks out there still need yer brains. Preferably intact"

He stepped a little closer

"If I were a pardoner, I would probably be one of the worst, rudest, and naughtiest of the bunch. But now, it seems like you could really benefit from steaming off a bit, so... mind if I settle my meats nearby?"

Edited by Teloch

1 hour ago, AurumandArgentum said:

((Wait theres an antique jukebox? And someone is near there? I really need to read the spreadsheet more often.))

((A dusky girl in full parade was observing the weirdest mating rituals the madness happening in the hall for hours now))

Edited by Teloch

On 30.08.2016 at 11:36 AM, Teloch said:

In the meanwhile, the dusky-skinned lass clad in the ivory evening dress was fiddling with a jukebox, trying to find something interesting. One can spend so much time observing the weird behavior of others, and prowling the space web can't be a reliable help for anyone who wants to kill some time AND to preserve their neural cells. Suddenly for herself, she accidentally turned the machine on (no puns, perverts), and the apparatus began to vocalize a smooth tune. Swiftly regaining composure after this little accident, she turned around, slightly tapping the tip of her shoe to the tune and looking for more objects of entertainment.

Edited by Teloch

6 hours ago, Teloch said:

The man made up his mind on leaving the establishment but also he was somewhat unwilling to leave it like a sore loser - in relatively same sheity mood as he entered. Even though he achieved what he originally wanted - drowned the memories about the previous crappy run in booze - his daily miserable but still existent quota for interpersonal communication was not depleted yet. Even though he didn't feel like asking for amorous adventures right now, perhaps he could just have a warm and casual chat with someone, or even a pep talk... 

Aye, some cozy company would be grand he thought while giving a sideway look to the unnaturally behaving valkyr at the bar.

He scanned the hall again, and, sweet Clem on a flagpole! there was another person in the downed, pretty much as his own, spirit! He slowly rolled up to the alcohol-frenzied Trinity who was drinking booze, slamming her head against the table, and then drinking booze again. Seems like he's not the only one who wanted to punch out foul n' filthy thoughts from his mind.

"Oi, easy there, Doc. The times might be sheity but folks out there still need yer brains. Preferably intact"

He stepped a little closer

"If I were a pardoner, I would probably be one of the worst, rudest, and naughtiest of the bunch. But now, it seems like you could really benefit from steaming off a bit, so... mind if I settle my meats nearby?"

"If you sit, you're sharing this bottle with me," she said without looking up.  Then she looked up.  "Oh.  You came here for the same reason I did.  In that case, sit down.  Let's talk about your problems."

1 hour ago, Locky122 said:

((sorry about the inactivity......again))

((Eyyy, you're back!  I recently came back for the first time since page 70-somethingish or so.  XD))

1 minute ago, Yzjdriel said:

"If you sit, you're sharing this bottle with me," she said without looking up.  Then she looked up.  "Oh.  You came here for the same reason I did.  In that case, sit down.  Let's talk about your problems."

((Eyyy, you're back!  I recently came back for the first time since page 70-somethingish or so.  XD))

((wait...people missed me?))

Just now, Yzjdriel said:

((I miss everyone.  It's in my job description.))

((oh, ok...well the main reason I haven't been involved recently is that I just can't find a decent character to chuck into the mix. That, and school's been pretty hectic as a result of this being the my final term before graduating))

13 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Laydes first," he said, obviously hinting that he doesn't perceive her as a (un)paid walking trash bin for mental junk of others. "When they don't call me skoom or a 'teptayet'*, they either call me "that b@stard" or Coldwell" he added shortly so she would be able to chose how to address him.

_____

* "betrayer" on corpus

((Appearance. Describe her appearance))

Edited by Teloch

7 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"Laydes first," he said, obviously hinting that he doesn't perceive her as a (un)paid walking trash bin for mental junk of others. "When they don't call me skoom or a 'teptayet'*, they either call me "that b@stard" or Coldwell" he added shortly so she would be able to chose how to address him.

_____

* "betrayer" on corpus

((Appearance. Describe her appearance))

"Katherine."  She refilled her glass.  "And I guess my problem is pretty simple: people are morons.  I've lost count of the number of times I've had to tell people I'm a physician, not a magician.  They think that just because I have degrees in Psychology and Psychiatry that I can magically fix their life, when the problem is that they're too ignorant or too stubborn to fix it themselves."

The Aura helmet on her standard Trinity, which was colored with the default colors of Trinity Prime, collapsed to reveal a moderately attractive young Latino woman.  Her hair was pulled back in a loose ponytail that looked hastily done, and her eyes gave away the fact that she was both incredibly tired of hearing people complain about stupid things and she was incredibly drunk.

32 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Katherine."  She refilled her glass.  "And I guess my problem is pretty simple: people are morons.  I've lost count of the number of times I've had to tell people I'm a physician, not a magician.  They think that just because I have degrees in Psychology and Psychiatry that I can magically fix their life, when the problem is that they're too ignorant or too stubborn to fix it themselves."

The Aura helmet on her standard Trinity, which was colored with the default colors of Trinity Prime, collapsed to reveal a moderately attractive young Latino woman.  Her hair was pulled back in a loose ponytail that looked hastily done, and her eyes gave away the fact that she was both incredibly tired of hearing people complain about stupid things and she was incredibly drunk.

"Ack. Sounds like a common emotional burnout. The nasty stuff that reduces anyone should it be left without treatment" 

He scratched his head, thinking of what useful can he possibly say in this situation

"The flimsy advice on how to try to feel better, the tale of how S#&$ty my trade is in comparison to yours, or both?" He questioned, offering her to pick a poison

Edited by Teloch

2 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"Ack. Sounds like a common emotional burnout. The nasty stuff that reduces anyone should it be left without treatment" 

He scratched his head, thinking of what useful can he possibly say in this situation

"The flimsy advice on how to try to feel better, the tale of how S#&$ty my trade is in comparison to yours, or both?" He questioned, offering her to pick a poison.

"I know how to feel better: either quit my job or drink.  I can't do both, so let's hear about your problems."

4 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"I know how to feel better: either quit my job or drink.  I can't do both, so let's hear about your problems."

He tilted his head. Is she sodding serious?

"Hold ye horsey there, missy. Why do you ask me to blather 'bout my problems for the second time?"

20 minutes ago, Teloch said:

He tilted his head. Is she sodding serious?

"Hold ye horsey there, missy. Why do you ask me to blather 'bout my problems for the second time?"

"For one, it's my job.  And I'm too drunk right now to logic that even though I'm here drinking because of my job, I'm still doing it with perfect strangers.  For B, I told you my reason for getting boozed up.  Your turn."

21 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"For one, it's my job.  And I'm too drunk right now to logic that even though I'm here drinking because of my job, I'm still doing it with perfect strangers.  For B, I told you my reason for getting boozed up.  Your turn."

"Grabbed by the tongue" he muttered and inhaled before proceeding

"I'm a fogen merc. I do hazardous, ungrateful, and gross job, I have little ways to earn me crust other than killing and blowing things to gory-gory-hallelujah bits, I risk with my sorry arse and already damaged mind each soddin' day, no one gives a piece o' sheit if I live another day or not, I have no real friends since they usually pass away before I get to know them, I have no mot* because my way of life can only be tolerated by those who don't give a piece o' sheit about me, so when I'm high on dosh I go to wh0rehouses to pinch some brassers**, and when I'm low on dosh I drink me locked***. And the terrifying part is that I see no bearable way to break free from this vicious circle of violence and self-destruct"

He sighed. "Satisfied?"

*- Girlfriend
**- Prostitutes
***- Dead drunk

Edited by Teloch