The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speed Dating [Open RP, IC, Probably +18] Revived~

Denny2669

"The last time I lightened up, my sister ended up getting captured by a group of batS#&$ insane Tenno who thought I was trying to kill her. And before that, a split personality tried to take over my mind and actually make the first attempt. And before THAT, the @(*()$ Old War happened."
"Don't tell me to lighten up unless you want...I don't know, the whole f**king relay to go up in smoke with you on it."

3 minutes ago, Ghost333 said:

"The last time I lightened up, my sister ended up getting captured by a group of batS#&$ insane Tenno who thought I was trying to kill her. And before that, a split personality tried to take over my mind and actually make the first attempt. And before THAT, the @(*()$ Old War happened."
"Don't tell me to lighten up unless you want...I don't know, the whole f**king relay to go up in smoke with you on it."

Eraziel leans back in his seat "Point taken"

17 hours ago, Teloch said:

"Well, nothing more to add to the bogie. Either tell them the truth or continue to sell your sanity for a hard coin"

"Oh, I don't actually need the money.  My salary more than covers anything I'll ever need to get for myself, and our budget gets spent pretty much where I want it spent..." she finished her glass and poured another.  "Long story short, I actually enjoy what I do most days.  But this week hasn't been full of 'most days'."

3 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Oh, I don't actually need the money.  My salary more than covers anything I'll ever need to get for myself, and our budget gets spent pretty much where I want it spent..." she finished her glass and poured another.  "Long story short, I actually enjoy what I do most days.  But this week hasn't been full of 'most days'."

"Lucky bum you are then. And wondrously intelligible when bolloxed"

He flexed his shoulders

"Wish I had a semblance of these 'most days' of yours. Sometimes you have a breeze run with plenty o' dosh, and another time you wish you did not wake up at all"

2 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"Lucky bum you are then. And wondrously intelligible when bolloxed"

He flexed his shoulders

"Wish I had a semblance of these 'most days' of yours. Sometimes you have a breeze run with plenty o' dosh, and another time you wish you did not wake up at all"

"That about sums it up, yes."  She drained the glass in one go.

"Now then.  Regarding your current state of employment.  If it were possible for you to find other employment that paid better, what would you WANT to do with your time?"

37 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"That about sums it up, yes."  She drained the glass in one go.

"Now then.  Regarding your current state of employment.  If it were possible for you to find other employment that paid better, what would you WANT to do with your time?"

"Nay. Most of the things I would like to do don't fit in finely this part of the sodding universe nowadays" He smiled bitterly "Gosh, my bones miss the land I grew up..." 

"But if that's your long-winded way to ask "what am I good for", I'd just say that I know how to use my hands to do things. Of mechanical nature, mostly"

6 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"Nay. Most of the things I would like to do don't fit in finely this part of the sodding universe nowadays" He smiled bitterly "Gosh, my bones miss the land I grew up..." 

"But if that's your long-winded way to ask "what am I good for", I'd just say that I know how to use my hands to do things. Of mechanical nature, mostly"

"I'm not talking about what you believe to be possible.  I'm asking you a hypothetical, and you should therefore answer as though the hypothetical was factual."

On 10/19/2016 at 4:41 PM, KuraioNokami said:

"Yes. All my other senses are stronger than usual. That which you just experienced is my way of experiencing the world."

Ace seemed to be smiling slightly. "What do you think?"

"It's amazing." She says. 

8 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"I'm not talking about what you believe to be possible.  I'm asking you a hypothetical, and you should therefore answer as though the hypothetical was factual."

Instead of answering her continuous interrogations (was she just drunk enough to miss the given answer?), he blatantly changed the topic "Do you always take yer job with you regardless where you go?" 

Just now, Rakawan said:

"It's amazing." She says. 

"And it is not all. You see, I might be blind, but I am not unaware of colour and shape."

Ace handed Namira a card without looking at it. "Look at that card and see what card it is. Then give it back to me without letting me see what it is. We'll go blind mode again afterwards and I will tell you what I think it is."

10 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Instead of answering her continuous interrogations (was she just drunk enough to miss the given answer?), he blatantly changed the topic "Do you always take yer job with you regardless where you go?" 

Katherine shrugged.  "My job's my life.  And that's by choice, mind you," she added quickly.  She let him change the subject, but noted his deflection.  She'd asked a hypothetical question: giving a literal answer would not help things, especially when the hypothetical was in fact literal.

9 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

"And it is not all. You see, I might be blind, but I am not unaware of colour and shape."

Ace handed Namira a card without looking at it. "Look at that card and see what card it is. Then give it back to me without letting me see what it is. We'll go blind mode again afterwards and I will tell you what I think it is."

The mindscape fades and she sounds a little sad and a little nervous.

"Actually I think I'm gonna go talk to someone else." She says. "I'll take a raincheck on that card trick though. But I came here to meet people and it seems unfair if I only talk to just one."

She turns to go and then turns back.

"To be frank my life has a lot of strangeness and madness already." She says. "You should wait for someone who can relate to your unique situation. Because I don't think I could handle that sort of craziness. But if I run into someone who could I'll tell them about you."

Just now, Rakawan said:

The mindscape fades and she sounds a little sad and a little nervous.

"Actually I think I'm gonna go talk to someone else." She says. "I'll take a raincheck on that card trick though. But I came here to meet people and it seems unfair if I only talk to just one."

She turns to go and then turns back.

"To be frank my life has a lot of strangeness and madness already." She says. "You should wait for someone who can relate to your unique situation. Because I don't think I could handle that sort of craziness. But if I run into someone who could I'll tell them about you."

Ace sighed. "Sure. I'll just leave. Didn't figure I'd have any luck here anyway. If my own parents couldn't care less about me, how could anyone else?"

Ace just tried to walk out, only to crash into a table and fall over. After laying there for a few seconds, he stood up and left.

12 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Katherine shrugged.  "My job's my life.  And that's by choice, mind you," she added quickly.  She let him change the subject, but noted his deflection.  She'd asked a hypothetical question: giving a literal answer would not help things, especially when the hypothetical was in fact literal.

"Well pole me up and call me a vane. Those "live to work" types do exist!... Although, ain't no one will believe that I've seen one while sober" he leaned somewhat backward and settled his gauntlets on his knees "So, did you come here just to swill your mind from filth or you knew that people come here to quench the naughty sort of thirst?"

Edited by Teloch

Just now, KuraioNokami said:

Ace sighed. "Sure. I'll just leave. Didn't figure I'd have any luck here anyway. If my own parents couldn't care less about me, how could anyone else?"

Ace just tried to walk out, only to crash into a table and fall over. After laying there for a few seconds, he stood up and left.

Eraziel jerks awake as Ace crashes into the table. Only then does he notice the figure beside him.

Namira walks over to the bar and taps Kaura on the shoulder.

"Here." She says. "You can leave whenever."

She tosses her a keycard.

Laura grabs it and bolts.

"I'll have another Appletini." Namira says. 

She turns to survey the room.

Edited by Rakawan

3 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

((Teloch, would you have any complaints if I sent in an OC to give your human female at the jukebox a chance for social interactions? I mean, knowing how... disliked... I am on these forums, I thought I'd ask first...))

((You're not disliked as a person, but rather your tendency to disregard the borders of WF universe and turn anything into an anime. I'd rather leave her near the jukebox))

Just now, Teloch said:

((You're not disliked as a person, but rather your tendency to disregard the borders of WF universe and turn anything into an anime. I'd rather leave her near the jukebox))

((That just feels ironic, seeing as I despise anime... but understood... I suppose I will hereby consider myself kicked from this RP.))