The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speed Dating [Open RP, IC, Probably +18] Revived~

Denny2669

On 4/25/2016 at 11:46 AM, Teloch said:

"Uh. Do you know that..." he began to answer while being properly surprised, but then he stopped to reconsider things again. Once his expression normalized, he continued, "It is surely natural to aim for comprehensive development, but... Why limiting yourself to only two opposite choices? You don't really need to stick to one job up to the moment when you can't even remember the reason behind it. And If you don't feel like encaging yourself, there is still plenty of possibilities to live your life for full and to be useful" He sat closer to her, so she could see the display of his on-board computer, "Here is a Steel Meridian recruiting portal and contracts board," he opened a window,"they provide me with almost half of all contracts that I do. They seek not only for mercenaries, but also for volunteers, field agents, functionaries, and even lobbyists. I can recommend you, in case if you consider such option as a viable one," he opened another window,"here you can find a bank of freelance tenno projects, starting from colonies support and defence and finishing with heritage artifacts recovering raids", he swapped the windows again,"the Lotus network always searches for reckon operatives. And I'm not even mentioning the fact that you can join either a classic clan or an open society, just like I did" he closed the holographic interface. "The universe is wide, Lydia, why not taking advantage of it?" he said and smiled slightly confused.

After finishing his "coaching" speech, Cef's order arrived. He took a sip and then another one. While tasting the wine, he seemingly forgot about the fact he wasn't alone sitting at the table. After a few moments of beverage degustation, he refocused on his date, however, the Valkyr just sat there silently, perhaps deeply in thoughts. One, two, three minutes passed, but there was no response from her. Cef grew curious of was it something that he did wrong (and so managed to embarrass her), or was she experiencing an apoplexy attack... Breath ratio within a norm, pupils are not expanded, the skin tone is healthy, free of any haematomas and other interior bleeding signs... "Are you alright?" he asked, but there was no answer to his inquiry. He took a look around, noticing that there was nothing eery or strange happening within the hall; then he looked at himself, noticing that there was nothing strange about him either (at least from his point of view). His confidence began to flush down with each second his date remained tranquil and unresponsive. Within less than a minute, he came to a conclusion that she's politely hinting him to f##k off in a very delicate, almost naturally subtle way. "Um... Good luck with whatever decision you may carry out. Take care out there" he said quietly before starting off with a half-empty glass of wine and his head hung down. He stopped near the bar counter, drank the remaining contents of his glass via single gulp, and left the empty container on the counter. Not feeling very sprightly and confident, he slowly paced to one the soft couches that were situated not far from the bar desk, in one of the room corners. He sat down and sighed a bit hopelessly, "Good move there, Don Juan," he mocked himself and decided to bury in spacenet browsing, emailing, and music listening. For some strange reason (not really), he found Mozart's "Lacrimosa" very fitting his mood at the moment: so splendidly piteous and mercilessly miserable. 

((Oh S#&$, I didn't respond - sorry!))

((Okay, well, this actually could work.  She was supposed to be lost in thought for a bit...))

"You know, you're right.  I don't actually have to do noncombat things during my free time at the job with the Council.  I think I'll take it after all."  She paused, noticing that her date was no longer there.  "Crap crap crap, where did he go..."  Lydia stood up so quickly she almost knocked the table over, turning frantically to search for Cef, hoping he was still in the room.  She breathed a heavy sigh of relief when she saw him across the room, on a couch over by the bar.  "I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry," she called out while running across the room to reach him.  Skidding to a stop in front of the couch, she looked down at Cef.  "I'm so sorry," she began, then stopped.  "Is that "Lacrimosa"?!  Turn that off turn that off!"

56 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

((Oh S#&$, I didn't respond - sorry!))

((Okay, well, this actually could work.  She was supposed to be lost in thought for a bit...))

"You know, you're right.  I don't actually have to do noncombat things during my free time at the job with the Council.  I think I'll take it after all."  She paused, noticing that her date was no longer there.  "Crap crap crap, where did he go..."  Lydia stood up so quickly she almost knocked the table over, turning frantically to search for Cef, hoping he was still in the room.  She breathed a heavy sigh of relief when she saw him across the room, on a couch over by the bar.  "I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry," she called out while running across the room to reach him.  Skidding to a stop in front of the couch, she looked down at Cef.  "I'm so sorry," she began, then stopped.  "Is that "Lacrimosa"?!  Turn that off turn that off!"

((Just as planned.mwahahahaha ))

Cef grew startled due to the sudden surge of Lydia's activity. Startled enough to confuse the buttons on his organizer and so to switch the playing tune to a melodic jig instead of muting the device. He looked at his organizer, then at Lydia, then at the bar counter, then on Lydia again. " 'Scuse me?", he squeezed out of himself and stared at her like an Owl that stares at overly-curious humans.  

Edited by Teloch

7 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Cef grew startled due to the sudden surge of Lydia's activity. Startled enough to confuse the buttons on his organizer and so to switch the playing tune to a melodic jig instead of muting the device. He looked at his organizer, then at Lydia, then at the bar counter, then on Lydia again. " 'Scuse me?", he squeezed out of himself and stared at her like an Owl that stares at overly-curious humans.  

Lydia smiled.  "I kind of drifted off there, sorry.  Your advice helped, though."  She sat down on the opposite end of the couch.  "Is there anything I can help you with?"

Lydia smiled.  "I kind of drifted off there, sorry.  Your advice helped, though."  She sat down on the opposite end of the couch.  "Is there anything I can help you with?"

1 hour ago, Yzjdriel said:

Cef squinted at her at first, then shrugged faintly and returned to more casual pose. "I haven't figured out yet how exactly you can be of help, and that's uncommon for me to hear others offering help, so nevermind" He relaxed slightly, "But how exactly did I manage to help you?" he asked.

Edited by Teloch

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

Cef squinted at her at first, then shrugged faintly and returned to more casual pose. "I haven't figured out yet how exactly you can be of help, and that's uncommon for me to hear others offering help, so nevermind" He relaxed slightly, "But how exactly did I manage to help you?" he asked.

"You got me thinking about what I'm going to do with my spare time," she explained.  "I don't have to do noncombat activities during my own free time at a noncombat job.  So I'm going to do it.  I'll take the offer, which gives me a free apartment and better pay on top of the chance to use my brain daily, and then go out and kill things when I get bored."

47 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"You got me thinking about what I'm going to do with my spare time," she explained.  "I don't have to do noncombat activities during my own free time at a noncombat job.  So I'm going to do it.  I'll take the offer, which gives me a free apartment and better pay on top of the chance to use my brain daily, and then go out and kill things when I get bored."

Cef sighed with some tint of amusement, "Being a functionary means that you will have to function with such things as organizational discipline, subordination, and reputation on your mind. Doubt that your boss will be happy to know that their subordinate murders stuff after work; and the only two scenarios when you will be allowed to put those claws to action would be the cases of corporate espionage preclusion and sexual harassment prevention," he smirked, "But give it a try anyway. Sometimes prolonged stability transforms into decay, and even if you would like to change your job again, you already know that there are many options and even people willing to give you a hint or two". Cef's mood returned to normal. "Now, when we cleared that out, would you like to chomp on something? And don't you mind answering some questions? I'm honestly curious of your social bonds and tastes. Do you use other frames? If not, what frame would you like to try out and why? Do you have a lot of friends or other close to you people?", he bombarded her with questions while giving a sign to one of the ospreys to fly by. 

Edited by Teloch

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

Cef sighed with some tint of amusement, "Being a functionary means that you will have to function with such things as organizational discipline, subordination, and reputation on your mind. Doubt that your boss will be happy to know that their subordinate murders stuff after work; and the only two scenarios when you will be allowed to put those claws to action would be the cases of corporate espionage preclusion and sexual harassment prevention," he smirked, "But give it a try anyway. Sometimes prolonged stability transforms into decay, and even if you would like to change your job again, you already know that there are many options and even people willing to give you a hint or two". Cef's mood returned to normal. "Now, when we cleared that out, would you like to chomp on something? And don't you mind answering some questions? I'm honestly curious of your social bonds and tastes. Do you use other frames? If not, what frame would you like to try out and why? Do you have a lot of friends or other close to you people?", he bombarded her with questions while giving a sign to one of the ospreys to fly by. 

Lydia smiled.  "I don't have to worry about most of that, fortunately.  The Tenno Council frequently goes on full-military operations.  What I do with my spare time is up to me.  As for other frames, I'm a competent Nova, but I usually stick to this old girl.  She patted her leg armor affectionately.  "Some food would be nice, yes.  I have a few close friends, but I don't see them as often as I should."

22 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Lydia smiled.  "I don't have to worry about most of that, fortunately.  The Tenno Council frequently goes on full-military operations.  What I do with my spare time is up to me.  As for other frames, I'm a competent Nova, but I usually stick to this old girl.  She patted her leg armor affectionately.  "Some food would be nice, yes.  I have a few close friends, but I don't see them as often as I should."

"Don't see them that often, huh? Honestly, sometimes I wish to see my pseudo-family less frequently. But I guess it is just me sometimes being spoiled more than in average". It didn't take long before an osprey flew by to take orders. "A medium-sized piece of lasagna and a bottle of Pinot Noire, please," he said and then added, "The lady would also like to order something". When the beeping piece of flying machinery flew closer to Lydia, effectively drawing her attention, Cef sat half-a-butt a bit closer to the center of the coach and unequipped his frame's gauntlets and that bulky harkonar shoulder plate. "So you seem to be of a more pro-active type, eh? I have a pseudo-sister who uses Saryn prime, Ember prime, and Valkyr... I'd just politely say that my views on stereotypical frame users are mostly influenced by her. She's not a light person that's for sure. But , as I already mentioned earlier, you seem to be quite original. So, would you surprise me even more by revealing your favourite hobbies or other things that make you joyful?"

Edited by Teloch

3 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"Don't see them that often, huh? Honestly, sometimes I wish to see my pseudo-family less frequently. But I guess it is just me sometimes being spoiled more than in average". It didn't take long before an osprey flew by to take orders. "A medium-sized piece of lasagna and a bottle of Pinot Noire, please," he said and then added, "The lady would also like to order something". When the beeping piece of flying machinery flew closer to Lydia, effectively drawing her attention, Cef sat half-a-butt a bit closer to the center of the coach and unequipped his frame's gauntlets and that bulky harkonar shoulder plate. "So you seem to be of a more pro-active type, eh? I have a pseudo-sister who uses Saryn prime, Ember prime, and Valkyr... I'd just politely say that my views on stereotypical frame users are mostly influenced by her. She's not a light person that's for sure. But , as I already mentioned earlier, you seem to be quite original. So, would you surprise me even more by revealing your favourite hobbies or other things that make you joyful?"

"Kaczka z jabłkami, ((read: kǝtchkǝ  zz  yeah bool gami))please, and a glass for the wine," she said to the Osprey.  "I chose my meal based on your wine selection," she through a soft laugh.  "Will I surprise you with my hobbies?  That depends entirely on whether or not you're expecting something similar to your pseudo-sister."  She flexed her hands, and her Vakyr's wrist guards retracted up her forearm.  A quick bend of the fingers collapsed her gloves into her armor, leaving her hands bare.

((don't mind my little pronunciation remarks, I'm trying to broaden everyone's horizons - Polish food is quite good))

"Kaczka z jabłkami, ((read: kǝtchkǝ  zz  yeah bool gami))please, and a glass for the wine," she said to the Osprey.  "I chose my meal based on your wine selection," she through a soft laugh.  "Will I surprise you with my hobbies?  That depends entirely on whether or not you're expecting something similar to your pseudo-sister."  She flexed her hands, and her Vakyr's wrist guards retracted up her forearm.  A quick bend of the fingers collapsed her gloves into her armor, leaving her hands bare.

((don't mind my little pronunciation remarks, I'm trying to broaden everyone's horizons - Polish food is quite good))

"Well, I'm not expecting you to enjoy humiliating everyone whom you deem unexperienced, uncompetitive, or simply "spineless", trying to be dominative 24/7, being socially pretentious, slightly (?) manic for violence, and hyperactive in general. It means that you still have good chances to surprise me"

((you don't need to write pronunciation for me, especially when it comes to East European languages))

Edited by Teloch

"well, evie, so tell me, why did you become that frame, it seemes that someone as awesome as you,,,, ups did i say that out loud?(being white takes a big toll, as the blushes can be seen even easier when you're white) eferluh i meant so yeah why?

-Ping!-

Rhys flinched at the sound, then opened up the window on the inside of his helmet.  "Hm...Party at Trinculo...128 partygoers...Provide them- yup, this is the mark."

-He looks up at Alex-  "Work has just arrived." -As if on cue, a Rakta Cernos and Ceramic Dagger manifest on his back- "Ready any time you and the Mirage are." -His Lex Prime makes itself known, and he slots a new magazine into it; He had been keeping it unloaded perfectly well up until now-

6 hours ago, Teloch said:

"Well, I'm not expecting you to enjoy humiliating everyone whom you deem unexperienced, uncompetitive, or simply "spineless", trying to be dominative 24/7, being socially pretentious, slightly (?) manic for violence, and hyperactive in general. It means that you still have good chances to surprise me"

((you don't need to write pronunciation for me, especially when it comes to East European languages))

"I'm afraid it's no surprise for you, then.  I enjoy books and logic puzzles, but I also like silently strangling the Grineer who guard their data vaults, then setting them on fire."  She paused.  "What about you?  Any hobbies that are unusual?"

((Ah, a well-rounded man as well.  +1 respect.))

4 hours ago, Sintag said:

-Ping!-

Rhys flinched at the sound, then opened up the window on the inside of his helmet.  "Hm...Party at Trinculo...128 partygoers...Provide them- yup, this is the mark."

-He looks up at Alex-  "Work has just arrived." -As if on cue, a Rakta Cernos and Ceramic Dagger manifest on his back- "Ready any time you and the Mirage are." -His Lex Prime makes itself known, and he slots a new magazine into it; He had been keeping it unloaded perfectly well up until now-

"What's Trinculo?"

31 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"I'm afraid it's no surprise for you, then.  I enjoy books and logic puzzles, but I also like silently strangling the Grineer who guard their data vaults, then setting them on fire."  She paused.  "What about you?  Any hobbies that are unusual?"

((Ah, a well-rounded man as well.  +1 respect.))

"What's Trinculo?"

"Trinculo, Uranus.  We're breaking into Tyl Regor's lab this time out.  This ought to be fun."

"Ooh, cool!  Part of that's underwater, too, right?"

"As far as I know, yeah.  Ordis already prepped the Archwing for me, though.  Won't be an issue.". -Rhys draws the slide on the Lex, engaging safeties- " I'll start the process of getting coordinates." -A seriesof impossibly fast text scrools flash by as Rhys, with all the speed owed to him as an assassin used to breaking into war zones, begins rapidly setting coordinates- "Annnnd done.  Ten seconds, so...Record, even for me."

6 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

"The unusual ones?" he made a clownishly-serious face and began to count on fingers,"Trying to soothe the stupid feud between Meridian members and Loka followers, studying the far leap of evolution that happened while we all were dormant, fixating changes that happened to Earth during centuries after the fall of the Orokin, collecting and duplicating each and every piece of the old world lore that is worth preserving, making a personal archive of antique art and literature, doing jobs for colonies free of charge from time to time, hanging around with guys from the Terminus Logisticians Association and supplying them with data on possible hazard sectors emergencies, keeping an eye on overall political layout, networking people if needed, dreaming about the better world by the end of a day" He stopped and smiled lopsidedly, "those are the hobbies of my that I do not feel too embarrassed to talk about". The tune played by his organizer has changed again, but it seems like he didn't mind that at all. "So, does that fit as a set of unusual hobbies? Perhaps there are certain adjectives on your mind?" 

Edited by Teloch

8 hours ago, Sintag said:

"As far as I know, yeah.  Ordis already prepped the Archwing for me, though.  Won't be an issue.". -Rhys draws the slide on the Lex, engaging safeties- " I'll start the process of getting coordinates." -A seriesof impossibly fast text scrools flash by as Rhys, with all the speed owed to him as an assassin used to breaking into war zones, begins rapidly setting coordinates- "Annnnd done.  Ten seconds, so...Record, even for me."

Alex rolled her eyes.  Coordinates didn't change THAT much, and besides, solar rails made the whole process of trying to figure out where a planet was going to be irrelevant.  "I'm ready when you are."

5 hours ago, Teloch said:

"The unusual ones?" he made a clownishly-serious face and began to count on fingers,"Trying to soothe the stupid feud between Meridian members and Loka followers, studying the far leap of evolution that happened while we all were dormant, fixating changes that happened to Earth during centuries after the fall of the Orokin, collecting and duplicating each and every piece of the old world lore that is worth preserving, making a personal archive of antique art and literature, doing jobs for colonies free of charge from time to time, hanging around with guys from the Terminus Logisticians Association and supplying them with data on possible hazard sectors emergencies, keeping an eye on overall political layout, networking people if needed, dreaming about the better world by the end of a day" He stopped and smiled lopsidedly, "those are the hobbies of my that I do not feel too embarrassed to talk about". The tune played by his organizer has changed again, but it seems like he didn't mind that at all. "So, does that fit as a set of unusual hobbies? Perhaps there are certain adjectives on your mind?" 

"Just two adjectives, actually.  Crazy, for one.  Meridian and Loka aren't ever going to reconcile just because one Tenno says they should.  If they hadn't decided to hate each other in the first place, things never would have escalated, and all six Syndicates would still be on friendly terms.  Determined, for the other.  You have goals that are clearly defined, and you pursue them.  It's an admirable trait."

Edited by Yzjdriel

27 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Just two adjectives, actually.  Crazy, for one.  Meridian and Loka aren't ever going to reconcile just because one Tenno says they should.  If they hadn't decided to hate each other in the first place, things never would have escalated, and all six Syndicates would still be on friendly terms.  Determined, for the other.  You have goals that are clearly defined, and you pursue them.  It's an admirable trait."

Cef looked at her as if trying to assess the sincerity of her words, "From my experience, there don't seem to be so many conflict points between Loka and Meridian, but everything changes when we bring up the allies of these parties. Loka prefers to work with the sequencers, who are not just opposite but clearly hostile to Meridian" The Veil-head Vauban caught his gaze, "And crimsonites... Ugh. we're not in a proper place, time, and mood to discuss this dirty topic. Or I hope so, at the very least". He casually folded his hands behind own head. "Any other traits that you classify as 'admirable'? Or is there a chance you seek for certain qualities in people?" he rephrased his inquiry in a subtle way, in hopes that she won't directly understand what he meant at the first place.

Edited by Teloch

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

Cef looked at her as if trying to assess the sincerity of her words, "From my experience, there don't seem to be so many conflict points between Loka and Meridian, but everything changes when we bring up the allies of these parties. Loka prefers to work with the sequencers, who are not just opposite but clearly hostile to Meridian" The Veil-head Vauban caught his gaze, "And crimsonites... Ugh. we're not in a proper place, time, and mood to discuss this dirty topic. Or I hope so, at the very least". He casually folded his hands behind own head. "Any other traits that you classify as 'admirable'? Or is there a chance you seek for certain qualities in people?" he rephrased his inquiry in a subtle way, in hopes that she won't directly understand what he meant at the first place.

"That's the point, though.  This 'allies' and 'enemies' business is ludicrous.  All six want to advance the Tenno cause, but just do it in different ways.  Personally, I think all six have equally valid ways of doing it.  The difference is they seem to think that there has to be conflict, whereas I don't see any reason why there should have been any in the first place.  Other traits I look for?  I don't know.  There's always that certain 'X factor' that no one can quantify, but from experience I'd say that I have more of a set of 'X factors' that I'd need to see..."  She trailed off.  "To tell you the truth I'm not really sure."