The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speed Dating [Open RP, IC, Probably +18] Revived~

Denny2669

3 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

"That could be a problem...if her AIDA is taking effect..."

Rae nodded. "We don't have a bracelet to Data Drain it out of her either... Xander has Corbenik, but that's all... If her AIDA was acting up, we'd be screwed... But i doubt that'd happen. Maybe she's just forgetful? I mean, i doubt she'd lie, but her words don't seem to be true... How could a gentlemage like yourself be evil enough to mess up worlds? I don't see a way..." She said as she smiled gently.

16 hours ago, KuraioNokami said:

Rae nodded. "We don't have a bracelet to Data Drain it out of her either... Xander has Corbenik, but that's all... If her AIDA was acting up, we'd be screwed... But i doubt that'd happen. Maybe she's just forgetful? I mean, i doubt she'd lie, but her words don't seem to be true... How could a gentlemage like yourself be evil enough to mess up worlds? I don't see a way..." She said as she smiled gently.

"Well AIDA does have some other side effects aside from turning you into a deadly god that goes out of control"

"But maybe she's just forgetful currently?"

26 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

"Well AIDA does have some other side effects aside from turning you into a deadly god that goes out of control"

"But maybe she's just forgetful currently?"

Rae nodded. "Yeah... that must be it. You seem too friendly to be evil..."

21 hours ago, KuraioNokami said:

A human girl wearing black-and-white armor and a black cape walks in,  looking around with her blue eyes. She ran one hand through her blonde hair as she sat down near the Vauban, observing. "What does sister like about these places...? It seems strange at best..."

"Hold tight.  New suit firmware's being installed at the worst possible time."

-A moment later, Rhys jolts upright-  "Going to have a nice chat with Ordis regarding this...  Ah, regardless.  Apologies about that.  As for your question, can't help you there."

2 minutes ago, Sintag said:

"Hold tight.  New suit firmware's being installed at the worst possible time."

-A moment later, Rhys jolts upright-  "Going to have a nice chat with Ordis regarding this...  Ah, regardless.  Apologies about that.  As for your question, can't help you there."

The girl giggled. "Wow, okay. I wasn't really asking anyone, but i guess you replied... Eh, don't mind me. Anyway... I should introduce myself. My name is Corrin. And you are?"

1 hour ago, KuraioNokami said:

The girl giggled. "Wow, okay. I wasn't really asking anyone, but i guess you replied... Eh, don't mind me. Anyway... I should introduce myself. My name is Corrin. And you are?"

-Rhys yawns-  "Rhys."

19 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Corrin looked at Rhys. "Red Veil, i see. Not a bad syndicate, i guess. As you see, i'm no Tenno. But i'm not weak, either. What's your favorite kind of mission, Rhys?"

"Extermination.  But then, I'm also a fan of Survivals, Sabotages, and Defenses of a non-mobile variety."

((If you get what I'm referring to, props.))

1 minute ago, Sintag said:

"Extermination.  But then, I'm also a fan of Survivals, Sabotages, and Defenses of a non-mobile variety."

((If you get what I'm referring to, props.))

Corrin nodded. "Much like the missions my clan, Third Path, likes to go on. But we do Rescue too. Rescued quite a lot of Red Veil operatives myself. Believe it or not, but i'm as strong as your average Tenno. Are you proud of your power? Or are you proud of the fact that you rely on others and others rely on you? Or neither?"

((Didn't get it, so i made my own.))

Corrin nodded. "Much like the missions my clan, Third Path, likes to go on. But we do Rescue too. Rescued quite a lot of Red Veil operatives myself. Believe it or not, but i'm as strong as your average Tenno. Are you proud of your power? Or are you proud of the fact that you rely on others and others rely on you? Or neither?"

((Didn't get it, so i made my own.))

-It takes Rhys some time to think this over.  After a moment, he speaks.-  "I see.  And as for bringing back my fellows, thank you from the bottom of my heart.  As for being as strong as the Tenno, that's fairly impressive.  And as for being proud of my power?  ...Not exactly.  I'm just the guy that keeps rooms barricaded with grenades.  I make sure everyone has an escape or that enemies aren't firing on them.  That's all.  And as for relying on others just as much as they rely on me?  It's nice to know I have someone's back and they have mine.  One of those things, you know?  A sort of unspoken trust, an, "I'll let you do your thing.  Fall, and I'll catch you." kind of thing."

((The Void missions needed for Vauban Prime are T3 Sabotage (Main BP), T4 Def (Chassis BP), T2 Sabotage (Helmet BP), and T3 Survival (Systems BP).  Rhys is directly referencing how to get his Prime version.))

On 13.05.2016 at 6:41 PM, Yzjdriel said:

"I wouldn't have had a problem with brandy, though I'm pleased to hear that you have a sense of ethics.  The last few Tenno I've worked with didn't," he explained quickly.  "It's never easy to deal with that type."  He paused.  "Airag?  Yeah, well, there aren't exactly a surplus of horses left, you know?"

"The original bottles may now hit the 400 thousand credits price plank. Although, I heard rumors that some farming stations attempt to recreate the extinct species via genetics to produce vintage provisions", she said and leaned back. Her expression softened slightly while she drifted away, probably recalling the memories of a different century and visually imagining things that are no more. It didn't last long, however, and the skeptic grimace took a place on her face once again before she broke the silence, "So, would you consider sharing about that "killing grineer for living" part and other hierarchal data, so I could make a decision about the way I'll shove you off after that?"

8 hours ago, Sintag said:

-It takes Rhys some time to think this over.  After a moment, he speaks.-  "I see.  And as for bringing back my fellows, thank you from the bottom of my heart.  As for being as strong as the Tenno, that's fairly impressive.  And as for being proud of my power?  ...Not exactly.  I'm just the guy that keeps rooms barricaded with grenades.  I make sure everyone has an escape or that enemies aren't firing on them.  That's all.  And as for relying on others just as much as they rely on me?  It's nice to know I have someone's back and they have mine.  One of those things, you know?  A sort of unspoken trust, an, "I'll let you do your thing.  Fall, and I'll catch you." kind of thing."

((The Void missions needed for Vauban Prime are T3 Sabotage (Main BP), T4 Def (Chassis BP), T2 Sabotage (Helmet BP), and T3 Survival (Systems BP).  Rhys is directly referencing how to get his Prime version.))

Corrin nodded approvingly. "You seem to get it. Such an unspoken trust is nessecary for a team to function. Even more so when Corpus, Grineer, Humans and Tenno are fighting together, such as in my clan. Allow me one more before you get to ask any questions you may have. Weapons. Which weapons are your preferred kind?"

((Ah. Good one. I was referencing something else entirely XD.))

Corrin nodded approvingly. "You seem to get it. Such an unspoken trust is nessecary for a team to function. Even more so when Corpus, Grineer, Humans and Tenno are fighting together, such as in my clan. Allow me one more before you get to ask any questions you may have. Weapons. Which weapons are your preferred kind?"

((Ah. Good one. I was referencing something else entirely XD.))

"Bows, assault rifles, sniper rifles, pistols, daggers, Nikanas, and a broken War."

1 minute ago, KuraioNokami said:

Corrin nodded. "Multi-talented. figured. I use Swords, Polearms and Glaives myself. now then, is there any questions you have for me?"

"One.  How in the world did you manage to get the Grineer and Corpus, of all people, to fight together?"

Just now, Sintag said:

"One.  How in the world did you manage to get the Grineer and Corpus, of all people, to fight together?"

Corrin giggled. "That is quite a good question. the Grineer are defectors, the Corpus were sick of their jobs, so I united them by offering the Corpus a job and the Grineer a purpose. both were glad to oblige. I didn't tell them about the opposing faction until they joined, and once they met, they found they got along quite well. ever since they've been fighting together!"

2 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Corrin giggled. "That is quite a good question. the Grineer are defectors, the Corpus were sick of their jobs, so I united them by offering the Corpus a job and the Grineer a purpose. both were glad to oblige. I didn't tell them about the opposing faction until they joined, and once they met, they found they got along quite well. ever since they've been fighting together!"

-Rhys shrugged-  "So, you got Steel Meridian and a whole bunch of very angry Corpus under your wing.  Gotta admit, that's pretty good."

4 hours ago, Teloch said:

"The original bottles may now hit the 400 thousand credits price plank. Although, I heard rumors that some farming stations attempt to recreate the extinct species via genetics to produce vintage provisions", she said and leaned back. Her expression softened slightly while she drifted away, probably recalling the memories of a different century and visually imagining things that are no more. It didn't last long, however, and the skeptic grimace took a place on her face once again before she broke the silence, "So, would you consider sharing about that "killing grineer for living" part and other hierarchal data, so I could make a decision about the way I'll shove you off after that?"

((Did you mean to use "Hierarchal" - of or relating to religious authority or purpose - or "Hierarchical"?))

Richard pondered for a moment before responding, "Define 'other data'."

4 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard pondered for a moment before responding, "Define 'other data'."

Seonah rolled her eyes, "The stuff you brag about when there are representatives of the opposite gender in the line of sight. Go on, try to be impressive"

2 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Seonah rolled her eyes, "The stuff you brag about when there are representatives of the opposite gender in the line of sight. Go on, try to be impressive"

Richard laughed heartily.  "Why should I try to impress you?  Besides, inflating the truth serves no purpose.  It neither gives an accurate account of your skills to someone who may require assistance with a future job, nor does it kindle respect from anyone who does not also exaggerate his own accomplishments; even then, it becomes a contest of who can one-up the other.  I see no point in partaking in that activity."  He drained his glass.  "Though to tell the truth, I am an exceptional sniper.  What about you?  Anything you're particularly proud of your ability to do?"

15 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard laughed heartily.  "Why should I try to impress you?  Besides, inflating the truth serves no purpose.  It neither gives an accurate account of your skills to someone who may require assistance with a future job, nor does it kindle respect from anyone who does not also exaggerate his own accomplishments; even then, it becomes a contest of who can one-up the other.  I see no point in partaking in that activity."  He drained his glass.  "Though to tell the truth, I am an exceptional sniper.  What about you?  Anything you're particularly proud of your ability to do?"

"With such level of foresight, this one will die a virgin," she thought while her facial curved in a way to mark the state of boredom and borderline annoyance. "I'm rather proud of my ability to show my subordinates their places, the ability to survive freaking interstellar conflicts, the ability to accept and clear out jobs that have more than five-digit bounties , and the ability to thrash nearly anything if that 'anything' approached close enough". After finishing that part, she frowned like a prosecutor and tossed a simple question, "Hobbies?"

On 5/19/2016 at 10:26 AM, Teloch said:

"With such level of foresight, this one will die a virgin," she thought while her facial curved in a way to mark the state of boredom and borderline annoyance. "I'm rather proud of my ability to show my subordinates their places, the ability to survive freaking interstellar conflicts, the ability to accept and clear out jobs that have more than five-digit bounties , and the ability to thrash nearly anything if that 'anything' approached close enough". After finishing that part, she frowned like a prosecutor and tossed a simple question, "Hobbies?"

"I take it that's not the response you were expecting?" he asked.  "Don't trouble yourself; I'm not looking to 'get lucky', as they say."  He went to take another sip, but his glass was already empty.  He looked at it, disappointed, then shrugged and set it down on the table.  "Hobbies?  I don't get too much free time nowadays; but what little I do get I try to make the most of.  I enjoy hiking in the areas of Earth that aren't full of Grineer, as well as various party games.  Most of my time recently has been spent looking for some new friends.  I've had some luck in that department, but I have yet to find anyone with whom I truly connect on more than a professional level.  What do you do in your free time?"

Edited by Yzjdriel