The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speed Dating [Open RP, IC, Probably +18] Revived~

Denny2669

19 minutes ago, jjpdn said:

Angst mutters something under her breath. Something like 'I'm not with the god darned Sentients' and 'I'm totally telling boss that we're not the only ones who think his face is ugly'. She grabs her helmet and makes it dissipate into thin air. White hair falls down to her shoulders, covering one of her eyes. Her pupils glow red with a white background, while her lively red lips are tainted with swirls of darkness. Angst's skin is much less white than you would expect from a person being 24/7 in armor. There was light scaring on her right cheek. 

A Loki with the Stalker's helmet pops his head out around the corner. "Yes? I heard something about an edgelord competition - Oh, hi Angst! I've got a gift for you!" A swirl of energy appeared around Angst and Mania. A moment later, it died down, revealing that Angst's armor got replaced with a blood red dress. "Ah, the perks of switch teleport! You're welcome!" Mania turns invisible before anybody can react.

Angst's hands turn into fists. She takes a deep breath. "MANIA!!!"

((I'm kind of confused))

-Rhys chuckled at the spectacle, although his guard was definitely raised.  His hand, almost as on reflex, went for his Lex Prime's holster...Only to remember it wasn't there.  ...His knife, maybe?  ...No, that got left behind.  And he definitely wasn't keeping his bow handy.  Aside from Focusing, he was entirely undefended.  He quietly took mental note.  An Acolyte.  Known for supernatural defensive ability and seemingly impossible to kill unless attrition, the kind that would make a Grineer siege force clap in envy, was applied.  His odds of survival would drop dramatically if he angered her.  So he needed to either look incognito, busy, or unconvincing.  ...And he wasn't good at any of those three things.-

22 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Naga turned around and tauntingly gave Angst a thumbs up.

Angst seem to have a moment where she didn't know who to hate more: Mania, or the edgy boy. 

13 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"Oh, I didn't actually mean you were with the Sentients, I just said your helmet looks like a Sentients @ss... well, same thing, but whatever" she explained. She was surprised when her skin didn't happen to be edgy white as L.A. snow. But now she finally has proof that the Stalkers aren't robots! Icarus owes her a credit...
"That's the first time I ever aproved of anything a Loki ever did. But he's still a Loki. Tell you what, I'll help you hunt him down once you had your date"

"No matter how much I want to wring his spine out, that won't be necessary." Surprisingly her voice was much less intimidating now, even if no one was intimidated before. "Mania is renowned for his Switch Teleport. It'll take a few more centuries of his jokes before I seriously try to fight against someone who can switch with anything." Angst sighed. "He took my voice modulator too, that delinquent." She turns to Luv. "Old annoyances aside, how does this 'dating' thing work, Tenno?"

Angst is unaware of Phys' hidden motives.

Edited by jjpdn

6 minutes ago, jjpdn said:

Angst seem to have a moment where she didn't know who to hate more: Mania, or the edgy boy. 

"No matter how much I want to wring his spine out, that won't be necessary." Surprisingly her voice was much less intimidating now, even if no one was intimidated before. "Mania is renowned for his Switch Teleport. It'll take a few more centuries of his jokes before I seriously try to fight against someone who can switch with anything." Angst sighed. "He took my voice modulator too, that delinquent." She turns to Luv. "Old annoyances aside, how does this 'dating' thing work, Tenno?"

Naga sighed. "I see I'm unwanted here. Fine. See you guys never, I guess."

Naga tried to walk out the door, only to get hit in the face with a blunt object and get knocked back inside.

1 minute ago, jjpdn said:

"No matter how much I want to wring his spine out, that won't be necessary." Surprisingly her voice was much less intimidating now, even if no one was intimidated before. "Mania is renowned for his Switch Teleport. It'll take a few more centuries of his jokes before I seriously try to fight against someone who can switch with anything." Angst sighed. "He took my voice modulator too, that delinquent." She turns to Luv. "How does this 'dating' thing work, Tenno?"

Luv ocasionaly giggled at her words, who knew Acolytes could actually be kinda cool? "You either find someone who's sitting alone at a table and join him, or her, I dunno what you prefer. Or you choose an empty table and wait for somebody to join you. Trust me, it'll be fun!" if she manages to hook up an Acolyte with someone, she'd be the best hostess of all time.

1 minute ago, KuraioNokami said:

Naga sighed. "I see I'm unwanted here. Fine. See you guys never, I guess."

Naga tried to walk out the door, only to get hit in the face with a blunt object and get knocked back inside.

"Really? You can't even walk out of the door?" Luv commented.

((You've been leaving for 4 posts now XD. You don't have to leave you know, you can just put him down behind a table and wait for a date. The thread was just revived, it'll take time for people to realize and join))

11 minutes ago, jjpdn said:

"Madam, how the dating thing works is you grab a table, and I actually don't know what happens after that, I'm still waiting to see what happens." Aurum cuts in Dryly.

"Ah, Waiter! Could I get I by chance get some water? Some from the springs of Earth with Ice from Europa if you could." 

1 minute ago, Denny2669 said:

Luv ocasionaly giggled at her words, who knew Acolytes could actually be kinda cool? "You either find someone who's sitting alone at a table and join him, or her, I dunno what you prefer. Or you choose an empty table and wait for somebody to join you. Trust me, it'll be fun!" if she manages to hook up an Acolyte with someone, she'd be the best hostess of all time.

"Really? You can't even walk out of the door?" Luv commented.

((You've been leaving for 4 posts now XD. You don't have to leave you know, you can just put him down behind a table and wait for a date. The thread was just revived, it'll take time for people to realize and join))

Naga sighed. "Not my fault my best friend decided to whack me back inside with a f*cking Fragor Prime. Trust me, I'd love to get outta here, but I guess I'm not allowed to."

Naga sat at a table in the farthest corner of the bar, hoping he'd just be ignored whilst he thought of a way to get out.

((I'm not leaving, Naga is. Or well, wants to. I'm not letting him.))

5 minutes ago, AurumandArgentum said:

"Madam, how the dating thing works is you grab a table, and I actually don't know what happens after that, I'm still waiting to see what happens." Aurum cuts in Dryly.

"Ah, Waiter! Could I get I by chance get some water? Some from the springs of Earth with Ice from Europa if you could." 

The random waiter Osprey did as it was asked as fast as it could, although the specifics did take time. Such wierd brand names... 
((You can take control of the Ospreys yourselves, it makes things faster))

1 minute ago, Denny2669 said:

The random waiter Osprey did as it was asked as fast as it could, although the specifics did take time. Such wierd brand names... 
((You can take control of the Ospreys yourselves, it makes things faster))

((Forgot that, it's been awhile.))

Aurum grabs his water and walks over to the bar "So Luv, any chance you can change it off the Lunaro tournament, we all know it will turn into a check spam fest sooner or later." 

23 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

6 minutes ago, AurumandArgentum said:

Aurum grabs his water and walks over to the bar "So Luv, any chance you can change it off the Lunaro tournament, we all know it will turn into a check spam fest sooner or later." 

The Acolyte mumbles a thanks towards the hostess, before hearing Aurum and running over. "A Lunaro match? That's my favorite thing to watch back at base."

Edited by jjpdn

12 minutes ago, AurumandArgentum said:

((Forgot that, it's been awhile.))

"Yeeeah, you're right..." Luv admited and clapped her hands, the TV switching channels. It was now displaying a liset race, and it seemed to spark the Embers interest when she saw the list of racers.

8 minutes ago, jjpdn said:

The Acolyte mumbles a thanks towards the hostess, before hearing Aurum and running over. "A Lunaro match? That's my favorite thing to watch back at base."

"Really? Huh, to each their own I guess..." 'she likes Lunaro, another thing that's going to make finding her a date more difficult...' she didn't switch the channels though.

2 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

((Mind if I bring a second OC in for the sake of not being entirely ignored?))

((Is it actually going to be something from the Warframe universe this time? XD))

Edited by Denny2669

Aurum does a spit take"Wait what. You guys, the acolytes, have a base with a TV, to watch Lunaro, well now I have heard everything, so what makes it your favourite anyways? as I said it turns into a checking fest, atleast in Conclave we see variation of why people lose their mind." he says in disbelief and shock.

Edited by AurumandArgentum
le fix.

4 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"Yeeeah, you're right..." Luv admited and clapped her hands, the TV switching channels. It was now displaying a liset race, and it seemed to spark the Embers interest when she saw the list of racers.

"Really? Huh, to each their own I guess..." 'she likes Lunaro, another thing that's going to make finding her a date more difficult...' she didn't switch the channels though.

((Is it actually going to be something from the Warframe universe this time? XD))

((Naga is technically just human. So it's just his appearance that matches. But yes, it is. Although I dunno if I should bring in a Nova, a Saryn, an Excalibur or an overly buff Corpus.))

12 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"Really? Huh, to each their own I guess..." she likes Lunaro, another thing that's going to make finding her a date more difficult... she didn't switch the channels though.

The Acolyte is kind of annoyed, but is now interested in the Lisets racing.

11 minutes ago, AurumandArgentum said:

"Wait what. You guys, the acolytes, have a base with a TV, to watch Lunaro, well now I have heard everything, so what makes it your favourite anyways? as I said it turns into a checking fest, atleast in Conclave we see variation of why people lose their mind.

"Well, of course. The best part is the checking fest. Who wouldn't want to see Tenno beat each other up?" She took her eyes off the screen before leaning over the table, looking directly at Aurum. "Conclave is great too, I savor the spilling of your kind's blood..." She licks her lips with a challenging smirk on her face.

((wait what is Aurum's race/faction?)

6 minutes ago, Sintag said:

-Rhys began fumbling with the menu.  One eye was focused on the drinks, as is usual, though he had a limit tonight.  The other was cautiously scanning the room, keeping tabs on the Acolyte's movement.-

Angst keeps smirking towards her target, but feels slightly uneasy. 

Edited by jjpdn

2 minutes ago, jjpdn said:

The Acolyte is kind of annoyed, but is now interested in the Lisets racing.

"Well, of course. The best part is the checking fest. Who wouldn't want to see Tenno beat each other up?" She took her eyes off the screen before leaning over the table, looking directly at Aurum. "Conclave is great too, I savor the spilling of your kind's blood..." She licks her lips with a challenging smirk on her face.

Aurum smirks " Oh is that a challenge miss?" Aurum suddenly has his Tophat in his Right hand, and his Dakra Prime drawn in his left.

-Rhys set the menu down.  Tension hung in the air surrounding him.  He quietly readied his Somatic implants in case Angst was itching for a fight a bit...more so, than usual.  At the same time, he remembered.  His drink order.  He hurriedly flagged down a sever Osprey.-  "Red wine, please.  One glass."

Edited by Sintag
Decided against arming Rhys, general cleanup. Hindsight is 20/20.

19 minutes ago, AurumandArgentum said:

Aurum smirks " Oh is that a challenge miss?" Aurum suddenly has his Tophat in his Right hand, and his Dakra Prime drawn in his left.

"It would be, if I still had my abilities. I would rend you into dust. Last time, it took over ten thousand Tenno to kill one incarnation of me..." Her eyes flash red and her smile turns playful. The woman leans back on her chair. "As a side note, how forward of you... showing off your weapon before even buying me a drink. Though, even a defenseless maiden like I would be well equipped enough to handle such a short stick." Angst's voice is dripping with innuendo, but it is obvious she is referring to the fact that she's a legendary melee fighter. You would need a weapon of a longer range to keep this cat at safe range. But, the Acolyte does back off and takes a seat. "Luckily for you, you won't have to... disappoint me with your lack of range, seeing as I can't fight at the moment."

Edited by jjpdn

Just as Naga seemed to just... Vanish, A Prisma Excalibur and a Saryn walked in. The Excalibur noticed Angst and reeled away, whereas the Saryn noticed Rhys. The Excalibur seemed distressed. "Sister... Are you sure this is a good idea?"

The Saryn sighed. "Shut it, Hades. Of course it is."

The Excalibur sighed. "But Harmony..."

The Excalibur trailed off as the Saryn slapped him in the face. The Saryn then confidently walked over to a table and sat down whereas the Excalibur stood there, downright terrified.

Just now, KuraioNokami said:

Just as Naga seemed to just... Vanish, A Prisma Excalibur and a Saryn walked in. The Excalibur noticed Angst and reeled away, whereas the Saryn noticed Rhys. The Excalibur seemed distressed. "Sister... Are you sure this is a good idea?"

The Saryn sighed. "Shut it, Hades. Of course it is."

The Excalibur sighed. "But Harmony..."

The Excalibur trailed off as the Saryn slapped him in the face. The Saryn then confidently walked over to a table and sat down whereas the Excalibur stood there, downright terrified.

-Rhys continued to track the newcomers and Angst.  This was turning into a terrifying proposition if things would go south. Ok.  Time to actually begin making physical notes.  Taking out a notebook, he began writing.  For a brief moment, he considered using Orokin - True Orokin - But he decided against it.  Too difficult to cipher back quickly.  Working off Tenno language, he quickly began taking down a census of everyone and their...Seeming intent, anyway.  Putting his book away, he barely noticed his wine had arrived.  Taking the glass, he gave a small, delicate sip to the wine, wincing slightly at the dryness.-

21 minutes ago, jjpdn said:

"It would be, if I still had my abilities. I would rend you into dust. Last time, it took over ten thousand Tenno to kill one incarnation of me..." Her eyes flash red and her smile turns playful. The woman leans back on her chair. "As a side note, how forward of you... showing off your weapon before even buying me a drink. Though, even a defenseless maiden like I would be well equipped enough to handle such a short stick." Angst's voice is dripping with innuendo, but it is obvious she is referring to the fact that she's a legendary melee fighter. You would need a weapon of a longer range to keep this cat at safe range. But, the Acolyte does back off and takes a seat. "Luckily for you, you won't have to... disappoint me with your lack of range, seeing as I can't fight at the moment."

"Excuses excuses, but since you inquired about a drink. by all means order away, I'll pay; my Dakra isn't my only weapon, I would advise you to remember that."  As Aurum holsters his Dakra. "Pardon my rudeness but I forgot to ask for your name. My name is Aurum, most of my friends call me Auru, and you are?" he inquires.

43 minutes ago, AurumandArgentum said:

"Excuses excuses, but since you inquired about a drink. by all means order away, I'll pay; my Dakra isn't my only weapon, I would advise you to remember that."  As Aurum holsters his Dakra. "Pardon my rudeness but I forgot to ask for your name. My name is Aurum, most of my friends call me Auru, and you are?" he inquires.

"I am the Acolyte called Angst. My job is hunting Alad V. You saw fit to defend him, so I saw fit to hunt your kind as well." She shifted in the chair. "Why are you defending that man anyways? You know what he has done. The Lotus calls us twisted yet I don't see you take revenge for your brethren that make up Zanuka. It is well within your power to do so, yet the abomination lives."

Edited by jjpdn

5 minutes ago, jjpdn said:

"I am the Acolyte called Angst. My job is hunting Alad V. You saw fit to defend him, so I saw fit to hunt your kind as well." She shifted in the chair. "Why are you defending that man anyways? You know what he has done. The Lotus calls us twisted yet I don't see you take revenge for your brethren that make up Zanuka. It is well within your power to do so, but Alad V still lives."

-It's at this Rhys sets down his wineglass.  It was time to move his position.  Finishing the last few, delicate sips of his wine, he took a moment to let the alcohol's burn exit his throat.  When he did, he stood, moving closer to Angst.  He cleared his throat, deciding, "Ah, screw caution."-

41 minutes ago, Sintag said:

-It's at this Rhys sets down his wineglass.  It was time to move his position.  Finishing the last few, delicate sips of his wine, he took a moment to let the alcohol's burn exit his throat.  When he did, he stood, moving closer to Angst.  He cleared his throat, deciding, "Ah, screw caution."-

The Acolyte hears Rhys' approach and turns to face him. 

Edited by jjpdn