The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speed Dating [Open RP, IC, Probably +18] Revived~

Denny2669

4 minutes ago, Sintag said:

-Rhys decides he's 'died' in worse ways, and he approaches Angst cautiously.- "Hello there.  Who...Are you?"

"I am the Acolyte called Angst. I'm with the Stalker. And you?"

5 minutes ago, jjpdn said:

"I am the Acolyte called Angst. I'm with the Stalker. And you?"

"Rhys.  Red Veil assassin, favoring warzone insertion and direct carnage."

-Rhys had to keep his Tenno allegiance under wraps here...If Angst knew, no way he'd be walking anywhere near any system alive.-

8 minutes ago, Sintag said:

"Rhys.  Red Veil assassin, favoring warzone insertion and direct carnage."

-Rhys had to keep his Tenno allegiance under wraps here...If Angst knew, no way he'd be walking anywhere near any system alive.-

"And?... Just saying hi?" She said rudely, raising her white eyebrow. "Don't you see that Aurum are having a pleasant time of exchanging threats?" 

1 hour ago, jjpdn said:

"I am the Acolyte called Angst. My job is hunting Alad V. You saw fit to defend him, so I saw fit to hunt your kind as well." She shifted in the chair. "Why are you defending that man anyways? You know what he has done. The Lotus calls us twisted yet I don't see you take revenge for your brethren that make up Zanuka. It is well within your power to do so, yet the abomination lives."

Whilst looking away from Angst to inspect his Dakra Auru mutters "Honestly, wasen't up to us, it was more of a favour to him after he 'assisted' a squad of tenno with a shall we say major threat, granted I wasen't in favour of helping him, what he did was unforgiveable and I was one of the ones on the hitsquad dedicated to killing him, shame we failed the first time because he has become a major nuisance, after we were told to assist him I up and left, I can forgive many things, but doing what he did, that is unforgivable and if I ever encounter him, he won't survive the second time." Auru swivels around and notices that this entire time Angst was speaking with the unknown stranger."..... Oh..." he quickly sighs and spins back to the bar.

((Aurum is tenno who uses Limbo, except he doesn't hold any sort of allegiance to them as he is a mercenary that will work for nearly anyone except for a few individuals))

6 minutes ago, AurumandArgentum said:

Whilst looking away from Angst to inspect his Dakra Auru mutters "Honestly, wasen't up to us, it was more of a favour to him after he 'assisted' a squad of tenno with a shall we say major threat, granted I wasen't in favour of helping him, what he did was unforgiveable and I was one of the ones on the hitsquad dedicated to killing him, shame we failed the first time because he has become a major nuisance, after we were told to assist him I up and left, I can forgive many things, but doing what he did, that is unforgivable and if I ever encounter him, he won't survive the second time." Auru swivels around and notices that this entire time Angst was speaking with the unknown stranger."..... Oh..." he quickly sighs and spins back to the bar.

((Aurum is tenno who uses Limbo, except he doesn't hold any sort of allegiance to them as he is a mercenary that will work for nearly anyone except for a few individuals))

((Sorry, I didn't know if I should have waited, especially when he walked over))

1 hour ago, jjpdn said:

"I am the Acolyte called Angst. My job is hunting Alad V. You saw fit to defend him, so I saw fit to hunt your kind as well." She shifted in the chair. "Why are you defending that man anyways? You know what he has done. The Lotus calls us twisted yet I don't see you take revenge for your brethren that make up Zanuka. It is well within your power to do so, yet the abomination lives."

((It's good, improv keeps the blood flowing))

9 minutes ago, jjpdn said:

"And?... Just saying hi?" She said rudely, raising her white eyebrow. "Don't you see that Aurum are having a pleasant time of exchanging threats?" 

-Rhys took a seat next to Angst.  Aurum was on one side, Rhys the other.- "Y'see, I overheard you discussing Alad.  And I've been doing my history.  I've killed him, you know.  Countless times.  He always had a few Neural Sensors to spare...But the strange thing is, he was always alive the next time, always...Ready, with his barbaric war crime waiting for us.  As it'd turn out, I'm not quite the only one who's been doing this sort of research.  ..And thus far, we're stumped, and the man's never telling us his secret to immortality.  Except for one thing.  Ever heard if the Red Vial?"

11 minutes ago, Sintag said:

-Rhys took a seat next to Angst.  Aurum was on one side, Rhys the other.- "Y'see, I overheard you discussing Alad.  And I've been doing my history.  I've killed him, you know.  Countless times.  He always had a few Neural Sensors to spare...But the strange thing is, he was always alive the next time, always...Ready, with his barbaric war crime waiting for us.  As it'd turn out, I'm not quite the only one who's been doing this sort of research.  ..And thus far, we're stumped, and the man's never telling us his secret to immortality.  Except for one thing.  Ever heard if the Red Vial?"

"No... "

6 minutes ago, jjpdn said:

"No... "

"Can't say I blame you.  This Vial, you see, was, from what damningly little information I could gather, either a key to immortality...Or a means to become a Cephalon.  There's one example.  Ordan Karris.  Ancient mercenary.  Fought for the Orokin something fierce.  I digress, though.  This Vial was commonplace amongst Orokin elite, but when the Great War hit, it was amingst the first few items to be lost.  I believe Alad may have taken a dose of the Red Vial.  It's how he always comes back.  Either that, or he's a robot using an ancient Orokin elite as the basis for it's A.I.  I have zero idea of the end results, but...It's the best theory I got at the moment, O Queen of Blades." -Rhys nods, calmly, having finished a massive drop of information onto the Acolyte.-

18 minutes ago, Sintag said:

"Can't say I blame you.  This Vial, you see, was, from what damningly little information I could gather, either a key to immortality...Or a means to become a Cephalon.  There's one example.  Ordan Karris.  Ancient mercenary.  Fought for the Orokin something fierce.  I digress, though.  This Vial was commonplace amongst Orokin elite, but when the Great War hit, it was amingst the first few items to be lost.  I believe Alad may have taken a dose of the Red Vial.  It's how he always comes back.  Either that, or he's a robot using an ancient Orokin elite as the basis for it's A.I.  I have zero idea of the end results, but...It's the best theory I got at the moment, O Queen of Blades." -Rhys nods, calmly, having finished a massive drop of information onto the Acolyte.-

She frowned, processing the information. Then... "Queen of Blades? No, I'm Angst, not Kerrigan." She suddenly remembers that there is no Starcraft in Warframe. Her eyes flash red at Rhys. "What are you trying to imply here, 'assassin'? That I'm a mindless beserker?" She is quite suspiscious of him. What assassin announces their own identidy? Plus, the day Red Veil got to Alad V is the day all Tenno weapons are balanced. The sheer security that man has protecting him... However, this doesn't mean Angst has a reason to doubt his intents yet. "Or are you trying flatter me? Sorry, but if anyone's the Queen of Blades, its Violence. I swear he has a better figure than me." She mutters the last part.

Edited by jjpdn

43 minutes ago, jjpdn said:

She frowned, processing the information. Then... "Queen of Blades? No, I'm Angst, not Kerrigan." She suddenly remembers that there is no Starcraft in Warframe. Her eyes flash red at Rhys. "What are you trying to imply here, 'assassin'? That I'm a mindless beserker?" She is quite suspiscious of him. What assassin announces their own identidy? Plus, the day Red Veil got to Alad V is the day all Tenno weapons are balanced. The sheer security that man has protecting him... However, this doesn't mean Angst has a reason to doubt his intents yet. "Or are you trying flatter me? Sorry, but if anyone's the Queen of Blades, its Violence. I swear he has a better figure than me." She mutters the last part.

-Rhys stands his ground.- "Flattery. Not that you're a mindless berserker.  Trust me, I have met those sorts of people.  We call them Manics.  If you want a good example of mindkess berserking, take a look at them.  Provided you can, anyhow."

48 minutes ago, Sintag said:

(KARADA BLAATU NIKTO!)

((Fine, fine ye stags. But don't expect me to make "bedsheet" posts. Having busy times now

... or do expect them...

I have issues with self-control :3))

Edited by Teloch

10 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

Surprisingly, his date wasn't paying much attention once he ended his story. It doesn't happen often to her, but the new bar renovations really caught her eye. It's only when he stopped talking again and the silence set in that she realized her ignorance, and made her absence of words clear with a blush.

Looking at the glass full of rich red liquid while waiting for Melody to respond suddenly messed with his mood: his lopsided grin faded fast and gave place to an absent expression. He continued to drill the content of the glass with his gaze. The wine was dark, rich and flighty... sinister, red, and plentiful... like arterial blood fountaining from a torn and ripped apart body...

As soon as his mind registered this semblance, a sudden flashback hit him like a hostile sharpshooter. His gaze "punched" through the glass and rushed far away, deep into the past. His mind followed.

Beams. A whole shimmering hell of sentients beams illuminating the skies of Mars. The mixed battalion of tenno and dex soldiers holding the pressure of their archfoe from the last strengths. Wretched dead bodies of dex operatives already piled enough to fit for an infernally-surrealistic landscape painting made by a blood-crazed lunatic. Desperate barks and agonizing screams haunting the intercom frequencies, the cacophony of gunfire, explosions, and horrid robotic sounds. And blood. So much blood. There were entire rivers of blood running down from the mountains of corpses, joining in the crimson-red, knee-deep pools... The horde of the crazed terramorphing synths seemed to have no end. For every heavy walker taken down, the human forces sacrificed up to ten soldiers. The numbers and munitions were running low with each minute, but the most valuable asset - the morale - faded away even faster with each successive transmission.

"Sector H6 is down and scattered! F*ck! Sector H6 is down! Lieutenant Mackenzie, say your m*t*erf**king meatsacks to hold their d*mned ground, otherwise we're as good as your dead granny's c**t!"

"We're barely holding this s**thole, Berthon! We've lost two-thirds of dex, and there's only five yellow-bellied tenno left standing almost without ammo. Where's the ape-***ked reinforcements? Where's the bloody artillery?!"

"Blown dead near the orbit. Artillery struggles to crawl to the firing positions. F6... this is your sodding deathwish stand"

"Fu**!!! ...F6 Rhino and Trinity, wipe the height point AE-95466.88.  Get your s**t there and hold up that pi**cave until the rendezvous with the remnants of the forces. I'm coming with yo... *the noise of scorching laser impact and a male's second-long agonizing shriek*"

"Lieutenant Mackenzie? Mackenzie respond! Respond, da** it!..."

"...Mackenzie?!!"

"Mac?..."

"Mania!!!" 

The sudden yell pushed Teloch out from the wrathful memory. he looked around, registering the sudden change of their surroundings. It took him about five seconds to realize where and with whom he is. Strangely, but Melody seemed to have an intense blush over her face. That's weird he thought. His mood died instantly due to the flashback, but he still attempted to smile a bit guiltily and talk to her.

"Erm... Sorry. I drifted away for a moment," he paused "but what's with this place? And what's with the face? Did I embarrass you in some way?"

((While the thread was dead, I actually wrote backgrounds of my original trio and made the final versions of their portraits. Teloch now looks this way))

Edited by Teloch

13 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

The Osprey got him another one, and just before he'd ask again, he already had 5 more shots infront of him.
"Judging by your attitude I feel like I should treat you as a dried out Hydroid. So, what dried you out, jelly?" Luv asked him. She often compares Hydroid frames to jellyfish, even though she actually means squids.

The Rhino settled more comfortably on top of his chair.

"Oi! Do dried Hydroids get a special something for their dryness? Noice, since I'd be jolly as a morning crack should there be a chance for me to get bolloxed, cheesed, horny, and then get my head eaten off by my chief"

He killed the second shot instantly and only burped quietly.

"As for what annoyed me... Meh. Let's just say 'tis has something to do with the black Friday rule... Say, have you ever been hired to rescue a flock of perrin's female "black" accountants in their mid-forties? I'd rather put my head under a pneumatic press instead of taking such job ever again..."

((in the name of holy Kappa, don't try to respond to me with walls of text if that doesn't suit your style. If I'm writing a lot, it's only because I feel charitable and actually want to deliver you some (hopefully) good read. Bottomline: respond in the way you feel comfortable; I'll try to adjust.

Oh, and both of my OCs are rhinos of different level of badassery))

Edited by Teloch

The Saryn that was sitting at a table was rapidly losing interest whereas the Prisma Excalibur that was standing in the doorway was terrified both by the prospect of an Acolyte being in the room and by the very idea of speed dating. Both wanted to leave already, albeit for different reasons, but neither actually did.

6 hours ago, Teloch said:

- snip -

"You too? Oh, sorry, it's nothing, I just happened to loose focus while you were talking, the bars new aesthetics stole my attention like a prowling Ivara" the Banshee excused herself, the blush slowly fading as things resumed to normal.

"So, where were we?"

6 hours ago, Teloch said:

- snip -

The Ember gifted her full attention to the funny sounding Rhino, as the Acolyte seemed to be doing kinda well... sort off.

"And everything went so wrong, you had to get to the nearest bar and drown yourself in drinks? Poor little jelly, it couldn't have been that bad" 

((Thank you so much for making that clear XD.))

11 hours ago, Sintag said:

-Rhys stands his ground.- "Flattery. Not that you're a mindless berserker.  Trust me, I have met those sorts of people.  We call them Manics.  If you want a good example of mindkess berserking, take a look at them.  Provided you can, anyhow."

"Hn." Then she blinks.

13 hours ago, AurumandArgentum said:

"You said something, Aurum?" She turns back towards the person she was originally talking to. "I swore I heard something in the background."

Edited by jjpdn

7 hours ago, Teloch said:

((Oh god. The spreadsheet would need a proper cleansing))

((Or a re-launch))

((I'd hate to take the whitewash to the spreadsheet I spent so long making into the sarcastic beauty it is right now.  Perhaps add another page for the 'reboot'?))

Just now, Yzjdriel said:

((I'd hate to take the whitewash to the spreadsheet I spent so long making into the sarcastic beauty it is right now.  Perhaps add another page for the 'reboot'?))

((yup. But I have enough writing right now XD))

4 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

"You too? Oh, sorry, it's nothing, I just happened to loose focus while you were talking, the bars new aesthetics stole my attention like a prowling Ivara" the Banshee excused herself, the blush slowly fading as things resumed to normal.

"So, where were we?"

"If only my memory serves me well, we were about to learn more of each other via exchanging questions of varying degree of decency, or up to have any other form of leisure time depending on your preferences" he said while still lacking his previously lost joviality. It appears that his brief daze-off worked like a cold shower. 

4 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

The Ember gifted her full attention to the funny sounding Rhino, as the Acolyte seemed to be doing kinda well... sort off.

"And everything went so wrong, you had to get to the nearest bar and drown yourself in drinks? Poor little jelly, it couldn't have been that bad" 

"Oh-ho! Everything went as intended, lass. We carefully extracted those vixens from their cozy little prison chambers, loaded them into the transporter, and gracefully took off. The dreadful part began when they gathered in a single cell and opened their filthy mouths. After five minutes of their chatter, I began to wonder why the hell did we rescue them; after ten more minutes, I began to pity those corpus crewman we put six feets under while doing our job; fifteen more minutes, I honestly wanted to eject them into the space as an average containers with organic waaste and to tell my employer that I've sucked miserably at the job... Seriously, I've never thought that humans are capable of such toxic ranting, gossiping, complaining and envying... And so, now I found myself in a need of fixing my suffered faith in humanity with a help of not-entirely-modest therapy" After saying that, he "killed" two shots simultaneously. He winced and felt a surge of warmth spreading through his limbs. A content sigh marked the effectiveness of this exotic therapy. 

Edited by Teloch