The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speed Dating [Open RP, IC, Probably +18] Revived~

Denny2669

3 hours ago, jjpdn said:

"Hn." Then she blinks.

"You said something, Aurum?" She turns back towards the person she was originally talking to. "I swore I heard something in the background."

"Hmm? Ah, your finished, well you see regarding that whole mess, he assisted us with a matter and as you know, tenno are upheld by honor, but honestly I wanted to find and murder that son of a grineer, for what he did, I understand honor, but we essentially looked away from what he did to the system and let him go free, once that ordeal was dealt with, I left the Lotus and decided to go the mercenary route, I can't and won't stand by that thing doing anything like that again, if I find him, I plan fully on killing him.

-Rhys nodded.  His place was done...For the moment.  Yet at the same time, he was damnably aware.  He had killed Alad.  He'd seen him DIE.  He watched the light in his eyes go out, and yet, there he was, causing a ruckus against the entire System whilst Infested.  To be fair, it was the Infestation doing the talking there.  Rhys could at least forgive that stint.  Then he cured himself and helped the Tenno.  AND THEN, the Acolytes appeared and decided they hated him for his role in defeating their master, who, left unchecked, would have permanently killed every Tenno.

Every Tenno, he noted, including them.  Hunhow wasn't one to take prisoners.  Especially not Tenno prisoners.  Hypocrisy aside, Rhys noted, he at lewst finally had a worthy opponent in them.  Every other kill was so...Boring.  They relied on backup.  Orbital bombardment.  Shielding.  Cloaks.  Numbers.  Whatever it was, they never fouht alone.  Yet these Acolytes did.  That interested him.  He chuckled a little bit, but suppressed it, then quietly reclined back a little bit.-

2 hours ago, Teloch said:

- snip -

"Right. I guess we'll got with the simple form, exchanging questions. Now, what out of the many things that I wonder about your should I question first..." she said, thinking for a second but continuing to talk before the Rhino could respond "Would you happen to have any religious believes?"

The Ember let out a heartly laugh. She expected something far more tragic than a bunch of Corpus women annoying the heck of an war animal. It seems he never was never in a squad with 3 Lokis before.
"Well, if it's that easy to make you have the worst day in ages, what if it works both ways? You could turn this day into one of the best, and you're in just the right place to do that. I'm sure you know what kind of bar this is, and there's a lonely Saryn right over there just begging for somebody to join her table" Luv encouraged him, motioning to the Saryn.

1 hour ago, AurumandArgentum said:

"Hmm? Ah, your finished, well you see regarding that whole mess, he assisted us with a matter and as you know, tenno are upheld by honor, but honestly I wanted to find and murder that son of a grineer, for what he did, I understand honor, but we essentially looked away from what he did to the system and let him go free, once that ordeal was dealt with, I left the Lotus and decided to go the mercenary route, I can't and won't stand by that thing doing anything like that again, if I find him, I plan fully on killing him.

"Just make sure you're not killing his body doubles, some of them are actually decent guys, like Darvo. A little bit of credits and they'll spill all of Salads secrets like a can of beans" Luv commented.

Edited by Denny2669

3 hours ago, AurumandArgentum said:

Her eyes turn red as her face turns serious. "What use is honor? All that matters in this shattered world is your brethren, your family, and your dreams. Alad V spiritually and physically violated your brothers' and sisters' corpses, and for some reason, you sacrifice yourselves for him just because he helped you a tiny little bit? For us Acolytes, there is no honor. There is only the moral law." She takes a breath. "Remember what I said during Operation: Shadow Debt?" She looked at Aurum directly in the eye. "Virtue gives us the strength of a thousand Tennos." Angst sighs. "Well, its good you got rid of the Lotus' leash. She means well, but every child must grow someday."

Edited by jjpdn

10 minutes ago, jjpdn said:

Her eyes turn red as her face turns serious. "What use is honor? All that matters in this shattered world is your brethren, your family, and your dreams. Alad V spiritually and physically violated your brothers' and sisters' corpses, and for some reason, you sacrifice yourselves for him just because he helped you a tiny little bit? For us Acolytes, there is no honor. There is only the moral law." She takes a breath. "Remember what I said during Operation: Shadow Debt?" She looked at Aurum directly in the eye. "Virtue gives us the strength of a thousand Tennos." Angst sighs. "Well, its good you got rid of the Lotus' leash. She means well, but every child must grow someday."

"What use is virtue when all we do is kill, all we ever did was kill regardless of how we try to make up for it." Aurum sips his water "We all have to pay for our sins regardless of what we try to do to make up for it, and while virtue may be your route for redemption, mine is honor. Waiter, two screwdrivers please" A Osprey goes and fetches the drinks "One's for you if you want it." 

2 hours ago, Sintag said:

-Rhys nodded.  His place was done...For the moment.  Yet at the same time, he was damnably aware.  He had killed Alad.  He'd seen him DIE.  He watched the light in his eyes go out, and yet, there he was, causing a ruckus against the entire System whilst Infested.  To be fair, it was the Infestation doing the talking there.  Rhys could at least forgive that stint.  Then he cured himself and helped the Tenno.  AND THEN, the Acolytes appeared and decided they hated him for his role in defeating their master, who, left unchecked, would have permanently killed every Tenno.

Every Tenno, he noted, including them.  Hunhow wasn't one to take prisoners.  Especially not Tenno prisoners.  Hypocrisy aside, Rhys noted, he at lewst finally had a worthy opponent in them.  Every other kill was so...Boring.  They relied on backup.  Orbital bombardment.  Shielding.  Cloaks.  Numbers.  Whatever it was, they never fouht alone.  Yet these Acolytes did.  That interested him.  He chuckled a little bit, but suppressed it, then quietly reclined back a little bit.-

41 minutes ago, AurumandArgentum said:

"What use is virtue when all we do is kill, all we ever did was kill regardless of how we try to make up for it." Aurum sips his water "We all have to pay for our sins regardless of what we try to do to make up for it, and while virtue may be your route for redemption, mine is honor. Waiter, two screwdrivers please" A Osprey goes and fetches the drinks "One's for you if you want it." 

"No thank. I don't drink on the job. Waiter, I'll just have water." She turns back towards Aurum. "Don't put me in the same boat as you. I haven't killed anyone yet. True, I've slain a few Warframes, but its not as if you Tenno aren't back a minute later. Anyways, you're right. I shouldn't question the ways you cope with death if they don't hurt the rest." The drinks come. Angst picks her glass of water and takes a sip. "By the way, Aurum, Rhys, about the immortal Alad problem... you don't think there's something wrong with the world itself, do you? After the discovery of the Void in the Orokin Era, I swear that things just work... weirdly."

Edited by jjpdn

4 minutes ago, jjpdn said:

"No thank. I don't drink on the job. Waiter, I'll just have water." She turns back towards Aurum. "Don't put me in the same boat as you. I haven't killed anyone yet. True, I've slain a few Warframes, but its not as if you Tenno aren't back a minute later. Anyways, you're right. I shouldn't question the ways you cope with death." The drinks come. Angst picks her glass of water and takes a sip. "By the way, Aurum, Rhys, about the immortal Alad problem... you don't think there's something wrong with the world itself, do you? After the discovery of the Void in the Orokin Era, I swear that things just work... weirdly."

-Rhys turns to Angst.- "Nothing makes sense any more.  Hell, until recently, I was in a cryopod and Stalker was about to choke me out.  As far as I'm concerned?  Alad being immortal is probably just another Tuesday here in this system.  But hey, it's fun trying to work out the why, I suppose."

43 minutes ago, jjpdn said:

"No thank. I don't drink on the job. Waiter, I'll just have water." She turns back towards Aurum. "Don't put me in the same boat as you. I haven't killed anyone yet. True, I've slain a few Warframes, but its not as if you Tenno aren't back a minute later. Anyways, you're right. I shouldn't question the ways you cope with death if they don't hurt the rest." The drinks come. Angst picks her glass of water and takes a sip. "By the way, Aurum, Rhys, about the immortal Alad problem... you don't think there's something wrong with the world itself, do you? After the discovery of the Void in the Orokin Era, I swear that things just work... weirdly."

"That's what discovery does, it changes things entirely and messes everything up, that's life, nothing I can do to change that, well, I am going to mingle with other people now, if you need me, I'll be around the room somewhere." Aurum gets up and walks towards the table with the Sayrn "Excuse me, is this seat taken?" He inquires.

10 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

"Right. I guess we'll got with the simple form, exchanging questions. Now, what out of the many things that I wonder about your should I question first..." she said, thinking for a second but continuing to talk before the Rhino could respond "Would you happen to have any religious believes?"

That wasn't a sort of question Teloch expected to hear. His previously cooled down mood changed due to intense musings on the answer. The fact of being asked this question solidified his suspicions that his date might be even more cerebral than he expected.

"Just a few years ago, I would definitely say that I don't. But the longer I live, the more I start to doubt the absence of the highest reason. Perhaps this is what happens to the most people when they age, or maybe I'm just growing either over intuitive or even naive. In either case, I tend to be rather agnostic in the matters of faith, and so respect both atheists and real faithful, should their faith be sincere, and not purely symbolic. But, if you originally wanted to know my worldview method, my perception prism would probably be closest to the ancient stoicism school"  

Now, feeling stimulated to ask her back with an equally difficult question, he inquired, "What do you like to sing about the most? Do you have any particularly close to you themes?"

Edited by Teloch

9 hours ago, AurumandArgentum said:

"That's what discovery does, it changes things entirely and messes everything up, that's life, nothing I can do to change that, well, I am going to mingle with other people now, if you need me, I'll be around the room somewhere." Aurum gets up and walks towards the table with the Sayrn "Excuse me, is this seat taken?" He inquires.

The Saryn looked up. "Would I be this bored if it was? Go ahead and sit if you'd like."

Just now, KuraioNokami said:

The Saryn shrugged. "No idea who I am. People call me Harmony, though. So I guess I'm Harmony."

"Well that's a name if I have ever heard one, so whats with the Excal over there, I noticed you two came in and he is more terrified than a Corpus facing a fomorian."

Just now, AurumandArgentum said:

"Well that's a name if I have ever heard one, so whats with the Excal over there, I noticed you two came in and he is more terrified than a Corpus facing a fomorian."

Harmony giggled. "Oh, that's my twin brother Hades. He's a coward if I ever knew one, really. Went on a mission to spy on Stalky and his buddies. He's been terrified of Angst over there ever since. Ever since Vor tried to use the Ascaris on him he's avoided the Grineer, Lephantis gives him nightmares to this day and he doesn't want to become Zanuka parts, so he avoids the Corpus too. In other words, he's a wimp. but still an adorable wimp."

1 minute ago, KuraioNokami said:

Harmony giggled. "Oh, that's my twin brother Hades. He's a coward if I ever knew one, really. Went on a mission to spy on Stalky and his buddies. He's been terrified of Angst over there ever since. Ever since Vor tried to use the Ascaris on him he's avoided the Grineer, Lephantis gives him nightmares to this day and he doesn't want to become Zanuka parts, so he avoids the Corpus too. In other words, he's a wimp. but still an adorable wimp."

"Heh" Aurum Chuckles "Not going to lie that seems like it could be a royal pain sometimes, so, what usually occurs at these things, because honestly, first time at one of these."

3 minutes ago, AurumandArgentum said:

"Heh" Aurum Chuckles "Not going to lie that seems like it could be a royal pain sometimes, so, what usually occurs at these things, because honestly, first time at one of these."

Harmony scratched her head. "Huh. Good question. I think we just talk to each other, and we either send the other away, walk away ourselves or actually befriend each other. But I'm not too sure."

9 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Harmony scratched her head. "Huh. Good question. I think we just talk to each other, and we either send the other away, walk away ourselves or actually befriend each other. But I'm not too sure."

Aurum shifts around in his chair "Soo ummm, tell me about yourself?"

8 minutes ago, AurumandArgentum said:

Aurum shifts around in his chair "Soo ummm, tell me about yourself?"

Harmony giggled nervously. "Me? I'm Harmony, a Saryn. I like cooking, teasing my brother and watching action movies. My favorite food is pumpkin pie, my favorite drink is orange juice, and my weapons are the Paris, the Lex and a Mire. How about you? Could you tell me some things about yourself?"

Just now, Denny2669 said:

((Thank you kindly. Also, seems like your Irish/Scotish/Whatever Rhino won't be getting to that Saryn anytime soon. Too bad, so sad.))

((Gonna RP that after showering like a rhino))