The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speed Dating [Open RP, IC, Probably +18] Revived~

Denny2669

32 minutes ago, jjpdn said:

((Its Conclave, so your abilities are balanced out. You can freaken throw the moon and completely devastate the landscape but I'll only take 200 damage.))

((Sorry, can I postpone the my hit? I need Rhys and Angst to converse first. EDIT ok whatever, I'll 'use it'))

Angst groans as she stands up. Her left arm was holding her side, where blood seeped out through the dress. Being without armor, it meant also no shields. That means the blade had gone straight through the skin, but thankfully not through her reinforced rib cage. "I am tired of restating this fact." Her red eyes glowed through the disheveled hair covering her face. "I. Don't. Work. For. HUNHOW!" The last word is distorted as her cry turns into a Sonic Scream. The sound tears at Rhys' mind, a stream of agony trying eating away his sanity. He grabs at his head as he falls to his knees, slowly losing strength. Angst takes a burdened breath. "He is but a stepping stone in our plans... Stalker may have nothing left to live for except for revenge... but the rest of do. Why do you think we haven't hunted Tenno yet? It is you who hunts us. And for what? Operation: Shadow Debt is history, yet you still protect that cursed fiend. Tell me Tenno. Are you protecting Alad V... or are you just pillaging our bodies?"

The wounded woman then removes her blood covered hand from her side and raises it. Wisps of energy encircled the fluid of life, drifting around like little fireflies. She crushes it. The Void accepts the sacrifice of blood... and energy is restored to her. "Tell me, Tenno. Which is it?" The Acolyte turns back to Rhys. She takes dramatic slow steps forwards, her wounds slowing her down. "Is this massacre of my kind... for honor... or for greed? Greedy like the ones who came before you?" Angst arrives right in front of the Tenno and kneels down, looking at his face. "Tell me." There is a second of hesitation, and the Valkyr has no patience. In one swift movement, she activates Hysteria and raises the Tenno into the air by his neck. The claws are millimeters away from his flesh, having easily cut through the armor. "TELL ME!"

-Rhys angrily spat out another bit of his blood.- "Let me make this perfectly clear.  I never condoned of Alad's actions.  Never have.  Never WILL.  But as far as I'm concerned, were it not for him, I'd be dead.  Don't you think you'd owe someone a little after they saved your life?" -By now, a horrific burn scar, visibly crossing the entirety of the right side of his face, makes itself known, as does a red-irised right eye.- "I sure as hell do." -His eye focuses in on Angst.  By now, he knows he's dead.  Perhaps it'd be better that way.- "And let me say this to you, Angst.  In spite of the fact I protected that man.  In spite of the fact he had been killing us off.  D'ya think I haven't been conducting my own manhunt before he saved us?" -From Rhys's bloodied hand dropped a small object.  A file.- "Open that when you get a chance.  Has all the data I was able to gather on Alad.  On the Red Vial.  On everything I could gather to put him down.  Always been meaning to send it to you guys after our shadow debt was concluded, but between your boss hounding me utterly senseless and all coms being monitored, not to mention your secrecy, never got the time."

-His mind hurriedly refocuses.- "As for us hunting you.  Never said I condoned their actions, either.  If I'm gonna make one thing clear between us, I have never accepted contracts that'd send me after Tenno.  Save for one about a rogue, but I didn't have the heart to follow through.  As..." -He coughed, another small bit of his blood leaving.  This was bad.- "As much as the rest of them might not like you or your work, I think there's more to you.  And I'm not out for the blood of my fellows." -His voice is weakening.  Darkness is encircling his vision.- "Hate to cut this short, but I suspect I'm dying."

-At this, the final bit of Rhys's strength fades.  He goes utterly limp.- "If you're going to kill me...Get it over with." -A mad laugh escapes his throat, growing in either delirium or insanity.-

4 minutes ago, jjpdn said:

"Well, a pretty name for a pretty Saryn. So, Harmony, I've got another plan. This is one thrice as stupid, but has zero dating stupidy and a to chance to make Aru... er... Europe?" Mania looked thoughtful. "Aurope? Auwine? Aurum! Yes, this will have a 0.85% chance to reveal Aurum's deep, freaky, inside feelings for you!"

Harmony seemed skeptical. "Okay. And what is said plan?"

((PM works wonders for revealing without revealing, you know.))

53 minutes ago, Sintag said:

-Rhys angrily spat out another bit of his blood.- "Let me make this perfectly clear.  I never condoned of Alad's actions.  Never have.  Never WILL.  But as far as I'm concerned, were it not for him, I'd be dead.  Don't you think you'd owe someone a little after they saved your life?" -By now, a horrific burn scar, visibly crossing the entirety of the right side of his face, makes itself known, as does a red-irised right eye.- "I sure as hell do." -His eye focuses in on Angst.  By now, he knows he's dead.  Perhaps it'd be better that way.- "And let me say this to you, Angst.  In spite of the fact I protected that man.  In spite of the fact he had been killing us off.  D'ya think I haven't been conducting my own manhunt before he saved us?" -From Rhys's bloodied hand dropped a small object.  A file.- "Open that when you get a chance.  Has all the data I was able to gather on Alad.  On the Red Vial.  On everything I could gather to put him down.  Always been meaning to send it to you guys after our shadow debt was concluded, but between your boss hounding me utterly senseless and all coms being monitored, not to mention your secrecy, never got the time."

-His mind hurriedly refocuses.- "As for us hunting you.  Never said I condoned their actions, either.  If I'm gonna make one thing clear between us, I have never accepted contracts that'd send me after Tenno.  Save for one about a rogue, but I didn't have the heart to follow through.  As..." -He coughed, another small bit of his blood leaving.  This was bad.- "As much as the rest of them might not like you or your work, I think there's more to you.  And I'm not out for the blood of my fellows." -His voice is weakening.  Darkness is encircling his vision.- "Hate to cut this short, but I suspect I'm dying."

-At this, the final bit of Rhys's strength fades.  He goes utterly limp.- "If you're going to kill me...Get it over with." -A mad laugh escapes his throat, growing in either delirium or insanity.-

The claws dissipate and Rhys drops onto the ground. Angst kneels down beside him once again. She holds hand over the file, dissolving it into data thins similar to how a Tenno would capture targets. "Pfff. You Tenno. So dramatic. This is a conclave room. You can't die. You'll respawn. But I guess this looks a bit realistic. Just in case we had to be registered to use the respawning unit, I'll use..." Angst reaches quickly in some direction and pulls out of nowhere... a small box of pizza? "Nice of Mania to be so thoughtful." She puts it on the ground. A green ring of energy comes into existence periodically. Their wounds start mending themselves. "Mania, you can-" The two disappear from the dueling grounds.

The doors to the room fly open. "What's was all the ruckus?!" Teshin walks in. He blinks as there is nothing but a box of pizza, drops of blood, a red bloody dress, two perfectly round metal balls, and a... The man walks closer to the last unknown object. He picks it up. It had leather straps.

"Is this... a thigh holster, customized for gear?"

((and so I make a Team Health Restore joke... and explains where Angst had it))

The un-wounded and un-bloodied duo appear back at the bar, sitting on the stools where they originally were. A moment to reorient themselves later, an annoyed expression forms on the female Acolyte's face. "Mania... why did you switch teleport me a shorter dress? And is this..." She looks down further. "Leather boots?" 

49 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Harmony seemed skeptical. "Okay. And what is said plan?"

((PM works wonders for revealing without revealing, you know.))

Mania looks at his co-worker's burning red eyes and starts sweating. "Uh..." He quickly turns to Harmony. "Don'tthinkIcantalkrightnow, bye!" He turns invisible, but reappears a second later. "Inturnsofmyprank, don'tworry, justactnatural." He returns to invisibility. 

Angst grinds her teeth, but deems caring about her dress a less than trivial matter, and focuses back on Rhys. "Thanks for the data. You're not as bad as you look. " She grins. "Then again, how could you be?"

Edited by jjpdn

2 minutes ago, jjpdn said:

The claws dissipate and Rhys drops onto the ground. Angst kneels down once again. She holds hand over the file, dissolving it into data thins similar to how a Tenno would capture targets. "Pfff. You Tenno. So dramatic. This is a conclave room. You can't die. You'll respawn. But I guess this looks a bit realistic. Just in case we had to be registered to use the respawning unit, I'll use..." Angst reaches quickly in some direction and pulls out of nowhere... a small box of pizza? "Nice of Mania to be so thoughtful." She puts it on the ground. A green ring of energy comes into existence periodically. Their wounds start mending themselves. "Mania, you can-" The two disappear from the dueling grounds.

The doors to the room fly open. "What's was all the ruckus?!" Teshin walks in. He blinks as there is nothing but a box of pizza, drops of blood, a red bloody dress, two perfectly round metal balls, and a... The man walks closer to the last unknown object. He picks it up. It had leather straps.

The un-wounded and non-bloody duo appear back at the bar, sitting on the stools where they originally were. A moment to reorient themselves later, an annoyed expression forms on the female Acolyte's face. "Mania... why did you switch teleport me a shorter dress? And is this..." She looks down further. "Leather boots?" 

Mania looks at his co-worker's burning red eyes and starts sweating. "Uh..." He quickly turns to Harmony. "Don'tthinkIcantalkrightnow, bye!" He turns invisible, but reappears a second later. "Inturnsofmyprank, don'tworry, justactnatural." He returns to invisibility. 

Angst grinds her teeth, but deems caring about her dress a less than trivial matter, and focuses back on Rhys. "Thanks for the data. You're not as bad as you look. " She grins. "Then again, how could you be?"

Harmony seemed very much confused, but jyst sat down and waited again.

Aurum slams open the door of the bar with shredded remains of a Izvara Syandana on his back, and a broken Opticor screaming"WHERE IS SHE, WHERE IS THE DAUGHTER OF A PROTESTANT ******** MICKEY MOUSE ********* SOUP **********  SHOVE MY OPTICOR UP THE *************** IF I SEE HER I AM GOING TO RIP HER BLEEDING HEAD OFF AND SHOVE IT IN A ***************, Oh hey Harmony how are you? By the way I found out about that crystal, nowifyouexcusemeIhavetoscreamatanacolyteberightback." Aurum storms over to Angst "WHERE IS SHE, WHERE. IS. TORMENT."

20 minutes ago, jjpdn said:

The claws dissipate and Rhys drops onto the ground. Angst kneels down beside him once again. She holds hand over the file, dissolving it into data thins similar to how a Tenno would capture targets. "Pfff. You Tenno. So dramatic. This is a conclave room. You can't die. You'll respawn. But I guess this looks a bit realistic. Just in case we had to be registered to use the respawning unit, I'll use..." Angst reaches quickly in some direction and pulls out of nowhere... a small box of pizza? "Nice of Mania to be so thoughtful." She puts it on the ground. A green ring of energy comes into existence periodically. Their wounds start mending themselves. "Mania, you can-" The two disappear from the dueling grounds.

The un-wounded and un-bloodied duo appear back at the bar, sitting on the stools where they originally were. A moment to reorient themselves later, an annoyed expression forms on the female Acolyte's face. "Mania... why did you switch teleport me a shorter dress? And is this..." She looks down further. "Leather boots?" 

-Rhys slowly readjusted.  Losing and regaining a hell of a lotta blood this soon would leave anyone disoriented.- "Was actually...Oh god world's spinning...Was gonna hit a production facility with ties to Alad.  Hate the man, and now that our favor's done with, time to finish the job.  You in?" -He grins at Angst.  He liked her pretty damn well.  If nothing else, as a worthy opponent.  But she...Seemed to be dawning a sort of friendship to him.-

23 minutes ago, AurumandArgentum said:

Aurum slams open the door of the bar with shredded remains of a Izvara Syandana on his back, and a broken Opticor screaming"WHERE IS SHE, WHERE IS THE DAUGHTER OF A PROTESTANT ******** MICKEY MOUSE ********* SOUP **********  SHOVE MY OPTICOR UP THE *************** IF I SEE HER I AM GOING TO RIP HER BLEEDING HEAD OFF AND SHOVE IT IN A ***************, Oh hey Harmony how are you? By the way I found out about that crystal, nowifyouexcusemeIhavetoscreamatanacolyteberightback." Aurum storms over to Angst "WHERE IS SHE, WHERE. IS. TORMENT."

Harmony was even more confused.

27 minutes ago, Sintag said:

-Rhys slowly readjusted.  Losing and regaining a hell of a lotta blood this soon would leave anyone disoriented.- "Was actually...Oh god world's spinning...Was gonna hit a production facility with ties to Alad.  Hate the man, and now that our favor's done with, time to finish the job.  You in?" -He grins at Angst.  He liked her pretty damn well.  If nothing else, as a worthy opponent.  But she...Seemed to be dawning a sort of friendship to him.-

"Holy ****, seriously? I bet all the Acolytes will want come for this one-"

33 minutes ago, AurumandArgentum said:

The woman stands her ground. "Aurum... what happened?"

Mania also reappears beside Harmony. "Sorry, Harmony, looks like my prank has just been postponed." He said seriously. 

(( @Denny2669 Two's the max right? So someone might have to be the other Alcolytes later. ))

Edited by jjpdn

8 minutes ago, jjpdn said:

Mania also reappears beside Harmony. "Sorry, Harmony, looks like my prank has just been postponed." He said seriously. 

(( @Denny2669 Two's the max right? So someone might have to be the other Alcolytes later. ))

"Actually, yes.  Very much so.  Gonna need a moment to swap gear, though." -Rhys grins, then nites- "More thsn likely, Alad won't be there."

52 minutes ago, AurumandArgentum said:

"AS YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE SHE NOT ONLY SHREDDED MY FAVOURITE SYANDANA," Aurum takes his broken Opticor off his back "SHE BROKE MY OPTICOR, SO. WHERE. IS. SHE. I AM GOING TO KILL HER."

((gonna type up the Aurum's reaction... tomorrow. Hopefully. If I have time.))

Mania facefaulted.

Edited by jjpdn

9 hours ago, jjpdn said:

Harmony nodded. "I get it, don't worry."

9 hours ago, AurumandArgentum said:

"AS YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE SHE NOT ONLY SHREDDED MY FAVOURITE SYANDANA," Aurum takes his broken Opticor off his back "SHE BROKE MY OPTICOR, SO. WHERE. IS. SHE. I AM GOING TO KILL HER."

Harmony walked over and offered Aurum some more stew. "Here, calm down a bit. We Tenno are far more terrifying when we're focused and calm."

12 hours ago, jjpdn said:

((Could you guys stop trying to get out of the bar and create some wierd events? I think you'll need to read the title of this thread a couple more times to get the point. If you leave the bar now, your OC leaves the thread itself, and that would suck, so don't do that. There was enough fighting so now try actual dating. Please.))
((Two is the max, true, but if anyone's to play as Acolytes, it's you and preferably nobody else. But why would you need more? Just stick to what you already have. I feel like I should make the fact that you need to actually date someone a rule... I'll post later...))

3 hours ago, KuraioNokami said:

Harmony nodded. "I get it, don't worry."

Harmony walked over and offered Aurum some more stew. "Here, calm down a bit. We Tenno are far more terrifying when we're focused and calm."

Aurum sighs "Your right, now I need to get my hands on a new syandana and a new primary. I Don't get paid enough for these situations, well I do, but not for the mental stress."

38 minutes ago, AurumandArgentum said:

Aurum sighs "Your right, now I need to get my hands on a new syandana and a new primary. I Don't get paid enough for these situations, well I do, but not for the mental stress."

Harmony nodded at Aurum. "Just eat the stew for now. It will help."

1 hour ago, Denny2669 said:

((Could you guys stop trying to get out of the bar and create some wierd events? I think you'll need to read the title of this thread a couple more times to get the point. If you leave the bar now, your OC leaves the thread itself, and that would suck, so don't do that. There was enough fighting so now try actual dating. Please.))
((Two is the max, true, but if anyone's to play as Acolytes, it's you and preferably nobody else. But why would you need more? Just stick to what you already have. I feel like I should make the fact that you need to actually date someone a rule... I'll post later...))

((Muh... that's how I felt a ragy bloodthirsty Acolyte would date. Its not dating if blood isn't spilled. I think I'll remove Mania though, don't think he's doing much except supporting Angst.))

Edited by jjpdn

14 hours ago, AurumandArgentum said:

"No you aren't. She's the sweetest thing ever. Well... when she isn't on the job, at least."

14 hours ago, Sintag said:

"Actually, yes.  Very much so.  Gonna need a moment to swap gear, though." -Rhys grins, then nites- "More thsn likely, Alad won't be there."

"No Alad V? Well that's a downer. Wanna just send a Spectre? Then, we can stay here and get... acquainted. I've spent enough time grinding exterminate missions, especially when Mania uses his overpowered Aktonkors."

38 minutes ago, jjpdn said:

"No you aren't. She's the sweetest thing ever. Well... when she isn't on the job, at least."

Aurum slowly begins to walk away "No I will, she owes me a new syandana, and the price of that Opticor was insane, that was custom built."

1 hour ago, KuraioNokami said:

Harmony nodded at Aurum. "Just eat the stew for now. It will help."

Aurum turns to Harmony "People these days just can't appreciate the value of art, I mean wow. Thanks for the stew, again."

15 minutes ago, AurumandArgentum said:

Aurum slowly begins to walk away "No I will, she owes me a new syandana, and the price of that Opticor was insane, that was custom built."

Aurum turns to Harmony "People these days just can't appreciate the value of art, I mean wow. Thanks for the stew, again."

Harmony giggled. "No need to thank me, I'm glad to help."

2 hours ago, jjpdn said:

"No Alad V? Well that's a downer. Wanna just send a Spectre? Then, we can stay here and get... acquainted. I've spent enough time grinding exterminate missions, especially when Mania uses his overpowered Aktonkors."

-Rhys nods.- "Sure sure, why not." -He does set it up, though.  Vauban, Prisma Gorgon, Lex Prime, and a Ceramic Dagger.- "There.  Spectre ought to send me any data it can steal."

Once the fight was finally done and Angst was victorious, Luv switched channels back to the Lunaro tournament. The conclusion of that fight actually made her feel bad, Angst was mostly right... and now she's feeling sorry for an Acolyte, yep, she's going crazy. Good thing she recorded it, and already uploaded it to spacenet. She's gonna get so many views...
When the two fighters appeared at the bar again, she turned on her stool to face the Valkyr "Hey there, awesome duel, you completely wrecked him!" she sighed "And... sorry, for... y'know... hunting your kind for loot..."