The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speed Dating [Open RP, IC, Probably +18] Revived~

Denny2669

10 minutes ago, Ghost333 said:

((Roll for perception! It's an 18!))
Umbra scanned the room, looking for anyone even remotely guilty. He didn't see anyone out of place, but he did find the projectile on the floor not to far from him. A Martini shaker lid. He raised a metaphorical* eyebrow and turned his attention to the bar. He noticed a martini shaker missing a lid, a glowing cocktail with no less than three umbrellas and a slice of lemon (and even from this distance his Geiger counter was registering danger) and his sister lying on the ground looking like she was either hit by a truck made out of multiple sacks of bricks or having a bad acid trip.
"God damnit, Lyse." He sighed, returning to his seat. He should help, but he knew his sister was tough enough to survive the infamous Cloning Vat Cure Cocktail**. If anything, she'd probably start hitting on the Excalibur who had been sent flying in through the door.

Groggily, Lysandra stood up and sat back down, somehow near the tables. How she got there from the bar, she wasn't sure, but she certainly wasn't going to complain about being further from that cocktail...whatever it was.
As her vision corrected itself, she noticed an Excalibur sitting across from her. Oh wellshe thought to herself, it is speed dating after all
"Heya there hot stuff! Come here often?" Brilliant, Lyse, can't even start off with a proper pickup line.

*Due to circumstances beyond his control, Umbra is 100% inorganic compounds. He literally doesn't have a face anymore. Just an upper helmet and mandibles that hide really sharp needles
**So named for its ability to remove at the very least some of the impurities that a freshly grown Grineer can get from the vats. Not 100% effective, and 98% anecdotal, but in most cases 100% guaranteed to knock anyone who isn't a cybernetic war machine on their arse and into Wednesday next year

Hades blinked multiple times. "Umm... Hey. No, not really. My sister literally kidnapped me and broght me here."

Hades took a sip of his water. The water was so cold it momentarily cold procced Hades.

1 minute ago, KuraioNokami said:

Hades blinked multiple times. "Umm... Hey. No, not really. My sister literally kidnapped me and broght me here."

Hades took a sip of his water. The water was so cold it momentarily cold procced Hades.

Lyse blinked. "That's...uh...a bit extreme. Why would she do that?"

Umbra shot a glare at his sister, overhearing the line. I don't know, why don't you tell him you birdbrained...okay, what's a non-insulting word that begins with B? Bastard? Nah, that wouldn't work. Wait, ARE THOSE PINBALL MACHINES!?

1 minute ago, Ghost333 said:

Lyse blinked. "That's...uh...a bit extreme. Why would she do that?"

Umbra shot a glare at his sister, overhearing the line. I don't know, why don't you tell him you birdbrained...okay, what's a non-insulting word that begins with B? Bastard? Nah, that wouldn't work. Wait, ARE THOSE PINBALL MACHINES!?

Hades sighed. "I'm scared of Grineer, Corpus, Infested, Stalker, Acolytes and the Lotus. So I normaly spend my time in my room, writing stories or counting up to 19420853715943852674309832735."

Hades took another sip of his water and got Cold proc'ed again, this time for 3 seconds.

Just now, AurumandArgentum said:

Aurum sighed "Yea, I suppose that would work."

"I had a Sentient beat the sh*t out of itself whilst radiation proc'ed once. That was fun. Add in some Viral and a good bit of Finisher damage and they die easily."

Harmony looked at Aurum. "Still cute you don't know a good way to deal with them, though."

10 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Hades sighed. "I'm scared of Grineer, Corpus, Infested, Stalker, Acolytes and the Lotus. So I normaly spend my time in my room, writing stories or counting up to 19420853715943852674309832735."

Hades took another sip of his water and got Cold proc'ed again, this time for 3 seconds.

Lysandra snickered. "You're scared of Corpus? Come on! They are by far the most harmless lot out there! I mean, Grineer and Infested? I can understand that. Stalker and his Acolytes? Edgy teenagers at best. But the Corpus? Fatcats and robots? How are they scary?"

3 minutes ago, Ghost333 said:

Lysandra snickered. "You're scared of Corpus? Come on! They are by far the most harmless lot out there! I mean, Grineer and Infested? I can understand that. Stalker and his Acolytes? Edgy teenagers at best. But the Corpus? Fatcats and robots? How are they scary?"

Hades sighed. "When you've been captured by Harvesters a grand total of 3928621 times, you tend to get scared of the makers. Then again, I must admit the Corpus ave some brilliant mathematicians..."

Hades sipped his water again, this time getting Cold proc'ed for 10 seconds.

4 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

"I had a Sentient beat the sh*t out of itself whilst radiation proc'ed once. That was fun. Add in some Viral and a good bit of Finisher damage and they die easily."

Harmony looked at Aurum. "Still cute you don't know a good way to deal with them, though."

"Ummm Uhhhh ehhhh" 

((I did not notice that, actually. One moment: ))

Umbra suddenly realized that someone had spoken to him. Deciding to actually take in his surrounding, he noticed that there was a Banshee and a Rhino on the couch near him. Deciding that antagonizing both, intentionally or not, would cost him about half a million trying to replace his audio receptors, he decided that being near the pinball machines was probably a good idea right about now. Near-soundlessly, he teleported over to the machine and slipped a credit in.
"Hello there, sexy lady," He said to the machine, preparing to play "You come here often?"

The thought crossed Umbra's mind that he might actually and finally have gone absolutely bonkers. Hitting on pinball machines? What was he, some sort of cheap, corner-of-the-ghetto harlot?

1 minute ago, KuraioNokami said:

Hades sighed. "When you've been captured by Harvesters a grand total of 3928621 times, you tend to get scared of the makers. Then again, I must admit the Corpus ave some brilliant mathematicians..."

Hades sipped his water again, this time getting Cold proc'ed for 10 seconds.

"Maths nut, huh?" Lysandra asked. "Also, slow down on that water. I can see icicles forming under your armpits. I came here to relax and chat people up, not put my medic* training to use."

*See Issue 2 of 'Tales from the Aftermath** for details
**Tales of the Aftermath does not exist and until I get comfortable with actually publishing anything, anywhere for any reason, it never will. That being said, there isn't even an issue 1 yet.

3 minutes ago, Ghost333 said:

((I did not notice that, actually. One moment: ))

Umbra suddenly realized that someone had spoken to him. Deciding to actually take in his surrounding, he noticed that there was a Banshee and a Rhino on the couch near him. Deciding that antagonizing both, intentionally or not, would cost him about half a million trying to replace his audio receptors, he decided that being near the pinball machines was probably a good idea right about now. Near-soundlessly, he teleported over to the machine and slipped a credit in.
"Hello there, sexy lady," He said to the machine, preparing to play "You come here often?"

The thought crossed Umbra's mind that he might actually and finally have gone absolutely bonkers. Hitting on pinball machines? What was he, some sort of cheap, corner-of-the-ghetto harlot?

"Maths nut, huh?" Lysandra asked. "Also, slow down on that water. I can see icicles forming under your armpits. I came here to relax and chat people up, not put my medic* training to use."

*See Issue 2 of 'Tales from the Aftermath** for details
**Tales of the Aftermath does not exist and until I get comfortable with actually publishing anything, anywhere for any reason, it never will. That being said, there isn't even an issue 1 yet.

Hades sighed. "I'm no maths nut... Yet. But I'm getting there. Anyway, who decided to serve me this water? It's temperature is -274 degrees celsius, a scientificaly impossible temperature for water to be! When I asked for wayer that was colder than what they woke me up with, I didn't mean this cold! Wait, you have medic training?! Nice! Could you explain a few basic procedures to me?"

Just now, Ghost333 said:

((Oh god. I can't even explain applying a bandaid let alone field surgery. I watched M*A*S*H for the comedy, drama and plot, not the research value it may or may not have had!))

((Make things up. I suck at maths and yet I have no trouble RP'ing as Hades...))

1 minute ago, AurumandArgentum said:

"UHhhhhhh Ummmmmm Errrrr WAITER VODKA!" An Osprey flies over with a bottle of Vodka and Aurum grabs it takes his top hate off and makes his helm fold down and chugs the bottle. 

Harmony took this chance to carefully study Aurum's face.

4 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Hades sighed. "I'm no maths nut... Yet. But I'm getting there. Anyway, who decided to serve me this water? It's temperature is -274 degrees celsius, a scientificaly impossible temperature for water to be! When I asked for wayer that was colder than what they woke me up with, I didn't mean this cold! Wait, you have medic training?! Nice! Could you explain a few basic procedures to me?"

Lysandra chuckled nervously. "Erm...I suck at explaining things. It'd be easier and a helluva lot more understandable if you read a medical journal. These days I usually end up applying nanites to everything anyway. I haven't done field surgery since the Orokin era at least."

Just now, Ghost333 said:

Lysandra chuckled nervously. "Erm...I suck at explaining things. It'd be easier and a helluva lot more understandable if you read a medical journal. These days I usually end up applying nanites to everything anyway. I haven't done field surgery since the Orokin era at least."

Hades looked up. "Ooh, I heard Orokin! As a Tenno that is only supposed to be born 1 year from now, I never experienced the Orokin era. I'm kinda jealous now..."

On 8/2/2016 at 9:42 PM, Sintag said:

-Rhys blushes.- "I-well all right."

-The left arm generates another grenade, this one loaded with Specter data.  Rhys lobs it at the entrance, wherein a clone lands in.  A set of parameters are programmed in, and before ten seconds have passed, it's long gone, doing parkour at such a high speed most Lokis would flinch, directly to the Liset.-

"And there we have it." -He turns back to Angst.- "So, eating the eye candy, are we?"

"Of course." Angst leans forward. "So, Rhys, are you actually a Red Veil Assassin?"

1 minute ago, jjpdn said:

"Of course." Angst leans forward. "So, Rhys, are you actually a Red Veil Assassin?"

-A Rakta Cernos materializes on Rhys's back, and he turns around, showcasing a Viscera Sigil.-  "This the proof you need?  Because the answer is yes, yes I am.  I just don't like their Ballistica, is all.  Bit too slow for me."

10 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Hades looked up. "Ooh, I heard Orokin! As a Tenno that is only supposed to be born 1 year from now, I never experienced the Orokin era. I'm kinda jealous now..."

A forlorn look crossed Lysandra's eyes. She called over an Osprey and ordered a bottle of Vodka.
"Don't be." Her voice was low and quiet. "It...it wasn't anything remotely close to the golden era anyone makes it out to be."

Edited by Ghost333
Typo

1 minute ago, Ghost333 said:

A forlorn look crossed Lysandra's eye. She called over an Osprey and ordered a bottle of Vodka.
"Don't be." Her voice was low and quiet. "It...it wasn't anything remotely close to the golden era anyone makes it out to be."

Hades sighed. "Good to know. Well, I'm warning you now... The future isn't exactly fun either..."