Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Channel

Keetsune

Recently got it and did some research:

- not ignore armor on regular swings. OK

- ignore armor with charged attack. OK

- not work on multiple targets(only first target receive bonus damage) - WTF?? Multiple hits(with aoe atacks) already gimped as hell by reducing damage on each next target by 25%

- does not benefit from crit damage multiplier on charged attacks, however does benefit from crit multiplier on regular swings. WTF??

- does not benefit from Pressure Point. WTF??

- does not benefit from Killing Blow WTF??

- does affect elemental damage. OK

- infinity lifetime(until next melee atack). OK

- triple damage to infesteds(when used with slash type weapon). OK

It's rly ridiculous that attack which u cant SPAM is so weak.
Edited by Keetsune

This should probably be posted in the bugs thread. Also the mod being slightly buggy when barely anyone even has the mod and thus has been unable to provide feed back probably doesn't warrant this much anger. Thanks for going out of your way to test it though. 

What?! This is pointless even without melee channel. Is that true?

Each additional target receive 75% damage of last target. In example you doing charged attack vs 3 infesteds with unmoded scido:

Firs target receive 200*3=600 damage

Second target receive 600*0,75=450 damage

Third target receive 450*0,75=337 damage

And all weapons that have AoE atacks have limit of 3 max targets per swing, except Orthos which have limit of 5 targets per swing.

Edited by Keetsune

Melee Channel is underwhelming in general.

The primary reason that makes this mod suck is that it is single use, so why not make the extra damage permanently added up to the base damage? Something like serration.

If the current values are too high, or too easy to acquire, lessen the energy : damage conversion ratio, or increase the energy requirement. This way, it is possible to notice an increase in damage through the mission, which I think should be quite satisfying.

And a cosmetic suggestion: make the glow increase progressively, eventually covering the whole weapon. Or, simply increase the brightness as you store energy.

Just my two cents.

And a cosmetic suggestion: make the glow increase progressively, eventually covering the whole weapon. Or, simply increase the brightness as you store energy.

And by the way "Glowing" effect only visible for owner, everyone else in game cant see it.

very informative

Agreed. 

Having this mod, I have only really used it on sword that I'm just carrying around to gain mastery from but not really using.  It's a nice idea for frames like banshee, vauban, nyx, and other relatively squishy characters who don't use their mele very often, but it could definitely use some more buffs. 

The way I like to think of it is that you're going along doing your non-mele business, a mob gets in your face, and he needs to die NOW.  This mod is great for that burst of damage, but too frequently it just doesn't do enough of a boost to actually kill that mob.  Using this mod for that kind of play style is a great idea/concept, but it would be nice to have it expanded upon and buffed a bit.