Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Comparison on the heavy blades?

Gravitas2

Question

So I recently got the war bp and I'm wondering if it worth using my broken war to craft. Is War significantly better than galatine and scindo prime? I haven't used my broken war too much since I never got the crimson dervish stance.

9 answers to this question

7 hours ago, Gravitas2 said:

Is War significantly better than galatine and scindo prime?

Scindo Prime & Galatine are mainly dealing slash damage, of which slash procs are of an advantage when facing more difficult enemies.

And War mainly outputs impact damage, which on paper is less than effective, compared to slash damage. But the high damage number on War compensates that.

So I'd say those 3 are on par when coming to real life gameplay experience, or maybe War have a slight advantage.

I have all 3 heavy blades, and TBH it really depends on whether you like to pick slash or impact damage.

Edited by SpryCrow

2 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Its a pretty complicated choice since the Broken war is the Best one-handed sword with Slash damage at the moment. Both weapons are very worth having but you wont be able to have them at the same time without purchasing Hunhow's Gift bundle.

Actually, Broken War parts drop from Sentients on the Moon now, with both Broken and unbroken War bps dropping from Stalker.

galantine and scindo prime are both great weapons... good damage, reach, can hit multiple targets... add the jat kitty and you'll have all the good heavy melee weapons.  

i recently dug up my old galantine and put a few more forma on it, buzzkill and body count and it's great fun in solo S missions. 

for a real treat, try othos prime with blood rush and body count... not a lot of damage, but quick as anything and if you have a steady stream of bots, very fun once the counter gets up over 100.  i got to 700 on a solo S mission recently with it. 

8 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Its a pretty complicated choice since the Broken war is the Best one-handed sword with Slash damage at the moment. Both weapons are very worth having but you wont be able to have them at the same time without purchasing Hunhow's Gift bundle.

Wrong. Broken war is from Quest and war bp gets dropped from Stalker and doesn't need broken war to craft

24 minutes ago, tischkanteVS said:

Wrong. Broken war is from Quest and war bp gets dropped from Stalker and doesn't need broken war to craft

Um, the War BP that the Stalker dropped a few days ago is sitting in my foundry now ready to be built and it requires my Broken War to begin crafting.