Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Pele Deluxe skin ~ V3 design~

(XBOX)EternalDrk Mako

concept for  Pele Deluxe skin  (goddess of Hawaiian islands ) for ember / ember prime

Thanks to your input I went back to the basics, the parts of the design I liked, and the parts others liked, one thing that came out of it is the base body, many of the current delux skins change the physical structure of a frame while keeping the powers intact, and i wanted to do the same

I wanted themes of this frame that worked with creator/ destroyer concept,so I wanted volcano and fire themes , but also that of new life for creation ,and one of the most symbolic is flowers so I wanted to incorporate them into the design.

Designed a new female base so it would  completely reworked embers form, I wanted it so the top half was like a volcano erupting and then for the eruption parts (the shoulders) I styled in the same shoulder design as before which was flowers to symbolize both destruction and creation, the center orange on her body is based off how lava flows up from the mantel to the crust of our planet, showing the stages it goes through and then erupts.

My personal prefrence is that because ember is a fire frame, she needs flame effects on her, so I added fire  head ,arms,  back of head and the dress. that way even a non prime ember can truly show her fire power...(<-pun intended) the idea is when she moves she leaves small slow falling ember particles and glowing fire prints (like foot prints in the sand, but due to heat she radiates) 

the skincolor is  obsidian which is known for its shine 

I tried to sculpt the "fire fro" into a longer and slender jet of flame that whips around and flows down her back (similar to how wukongs energy streams behave) i then added glow accents to the parts that glowed with the energy . if i had to say how the orange parts (torso  line and shoulder points work,  similar to saryns orchid energy effect, but more so with the energy flowing upward like a river of lava)

So I went back to the drawing board, trying to add in Hawaiian designs and arm, ankle accents 

tried to redesign it to be more towards the theme of a Hawaiian goddess 

also thinking that she should get a new motion stances with the skin, were she does traditional Hawaiian dances and maybe even then hula dance? 

feedback is appreciated , and thanks for your input 

V3 redesign draft

Ember Deluxe Pele v3 by DrkMako

V2    

Spoiler

pele v2 touch up  by DrkMako

V1

Spoiler

ember_pele_delux_skin_by_drkmako-d9yu6sr

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako
v3 redesigns added

Just bring out Ember after let her collecting dust for a while and was thinking "What her deluxe will be like."

My Input

Add energy particle is great. We have that with Oberon and his leave trail.

One thing I'll want from this is to change the silhouette away from vanilla Ember. It's look way to similar to standard ember(Forearm, Shoulder, Thigh, feet even a chest pattern.) Not a bad thing but I just wish for something "fresh" instead of someone gave her a new paint-job, strap on a few ornament and then lit her on fire(that's DE's job when they're making Ember Prime.) 

Spoiler

We have Excalibur and Nyx that basically use the same silhouette and their vanilla counterpart, but only because it's a direct reference to Dark Sector. Valkyr's one is simply the idea of pre-Corpus version of her. After that, Rhino, Loki and Trinity started to have a different silhouette. Rhino's one have a bit less "plated armor" on him and look bulkier. Loki's being slender and doesn't have "hammerhead silhouette." Trinity's one is less "armored healer" and more nimble in looks. Saryn's skin give her more "organic" look, flower on one side instead to her static boa(?), and her "coat." Our recent Oberon's skin change him from "warrior goat-man" to "regal fairy king." 

After re-read what I just type, I sound more negative than positive but I actually do approve of the idea. 

18 minutes ago, AhLiu338 said:

Just bring out Ember after let her collecting dust for a while and was thinking "What her deluxe will be like."

My Input

Add energy particle is great. We have that with Oberon and his leave trail.

One thing I'll want from this is to change the silhouette away from vanilla Ember. It's look way to similar to standard ember(Forearm, Shoulder, Thigh, feet even a chest pattern.) Not a bad thing but I just wish for something "fresh" instead of someone gave her a new paint-job, strap on a few ornament and then lit her on fire(that's DE's job when they're making Ember Prime.) 

Reveal hidden contents

We have Excalibur and Nyx that basically use the same silhouette and their vanilla counterpart, but only because it's a direct reference to Dark Sector. Valkyr's one is simply the idea of pre-Corpus version of her. After that, Rhino, Loki and Trinity started to have a different silhouette. Rhino's one have a bit less "plated armor" on him and look bulkier. Loki's being slender and doesn't have "hammerhead silhouette." Trinity's one is less "armored healer" and more nimble in looks. Saryn's skin give her more "organic" look, flower on one side instead to her static boa(?), and her "coat." Our recent Oberon's skin change him from "warrior goat-man" to "regal fairy king." 

After re-read what I just type, I sound more negative than positive but I actually do approve of the idea. 

i take it as good feedback on what to change /alter , so i need to try for a different body style, but the actual design is ok 

i agree its like the trinity prime vs strega the difference in style and form is very apparent  and is a good contrast 

42 minutes ago, (PS4)jFresh215 said:

sick fire fro bro

lol thanks it was kind of annoying to draw, but the result looks nice

I like it a lot but If I may input some suggestions:

For the "Hair flames" why not follow your example of a "lions mane". what do I mean by that... I don't mean to suggest a big fluffy red flames all round her head down to chin. But similar to mirages harlequin helm more like [DE]Megan when she has her hair down and in front of her flowing down her shoulders.

not sure if I made that clear enough.. sorry but bare with me. still great concept. definitely agree that ember needs some lovin lol

Just now, MetalFlame05179 said:

I like it a lot but If I may input some suggestions:

For the "Hair flames" why not follow your example of a "lions mane". what do I mean by that... I don't mean to suggest a big fluffy red flames all round her head down to chin. But similar to mirages harlequin helm more like [DE]Megan when she has her hair down and in front of her flowing down her shoulders.

not sure if I made that clear enough.. sorry but bare with me. still great concept. definitely agree that ember needs some lovin lol

makes sense to me, as i said it was annoying to draw... that part took the longest to shade and style..but yes i get were you come from i personally think it came off to bushy 

1 hour ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

i take it as good feedback on what to change /alter , so i need to try for a different body style, but the actual design is ok.

Doesn't have to be heaven and hell different. Just right now it's a little too similar to Ember. Currently it's like a Tennogen skin rather that deluxe, awesome and I would buy it. But if it's was label as "deluxe", I want more.

Just now, AhLiu338 said:

Doesn't have to be heaven and hell different. Just right now it's a little too similar to Ember. Currently it's like a Tennogen skin rather that deluxe, awesome and I would buy it. But if it's was label as "deluxe", I want more.

totally agree . and i have no clue how to make this tennogen even if i wanted to go that route ....

so ill make it as such :P 

just wonder what ...female form type i should make as a base....

If you want different body type go for it. Or you can keep her body type and change "armor" (like what they did with Rhino. Not much diff in body type but still a great design.) From tin-suit with flamethrower to something more "energetic" 

Spoiler just for reference.

Spoiler

T_Sol_Tier2_Card.png?version=d5662685371

Reference image is Sol, Goddess of the Sun from SMITE. Her style kinda fit your fire hair/mane you're going for. 

EDIT: Giving her a fiery footstep will also be cool.

Edited by AhLiu338

14 hours ago, AhLiu338 said:

If you want different body type go for it. Or you can keep her body type and change "armor" (like what they did with Rhino. Not much diff in body type but still a great design.) From tin-suit with flamethrower to something more "energetic" 

Spoiler just for reference.

Reveal hidden contents

T_Sol_Tier2_Card.png?version=d5662685371

Reference image is Sol, Goddess of the Sun from SMITE. Her style kinda fit your fire hair/mane you're going for. 

EDIT: Giving her a fiery footstep will also be cool.

ill try that concept out

im thinking of adding fire brackets to wrist and ankles  that leave a trail of flame when she moves 

im going to do a v2 a/b one with a skirt mechanic and one without  and see what you all think

V2 draft started ill post an update when its done 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Oohhh. Totally didn't expected you to go a long hair path. We have that long flowing energy with Wukong, so it's entirely possible.

Look much more nimble compare to original. Fav part is the change you made to her arm.

Just an idea. It'll be a cool concept if her hair intensify with each ability use, and slowly go back to it's original state if you didn't use ability for a while.

All in all, your new design address my main issue with the original: too much similarities to the default Ember. I'm sure other people can also give more suggestion(If they care to.) My preference alone cannot reflect the masses. 

51 minutes ago, AhLiu338 said:

Oohhh. Totally didn't expected you to go a long hair path. We have that long flowing energy with Wukong, so it's entirely possible.

Look much more nimble compare to original. Fav part is the change you made to her arm.

Just an idea. It'll be a cool concept if her hair intensify with each ability use, and slowly go back to it's original state if you didn't use ability for a while.

All in all, your new design address my main issue with the original: too much similarities to the default Ember. I'm sure other people can also give more suggestion(If they care to.) My preference alone cannot reflect the masses. 

true but in all honesty it reflected my my own so xD 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...