Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Building Nekros

(PSN)MelodiousMelody

Question

Hello fellow Tenno!

Just recently acquired my new Nekros frame, so excite! Er, but I've been use to my more "tankier" Ash build and even at max level with Vitality R5 (or 6), Nekros is quite squishy by comparison, which I understand and am fine with, but I'm not versed enough to know what mods I need to make Nekros "less" squishy. I've read things on Despoil, but I've YET to do any of the Syndicate stuff, and kind of want to avoid that route for now.

I play solo, mostly because I'm uncomfortable playing with strangers and what friends I do play (that even play) don't play as frequently as I do. I'd like a build that can survive higher tiers of enemies AND also (maybe) farm some mods that I'm looking for (example Berserker).

Thank you for any suggestions in advanced.

Edit: I'm not looking for a dedicated "tank", just looking to boost his survivability in Void missions.

Edited by (PS4)MelodiousMelody

40 minutes ago, EpicJakelor said:

I'll have to try this build. Thank you for sharing.

Although, I'm not a fan of using shadows (just too distracting).
I'm always hitting them by mistake or can't find something/see someone downed cause the shadows, along with the enemy, cluttering up the screen.

I've got every mod you've listed by Rejuvenation, Despoil and Primed Continuity. I'll be keeping an eye out for 'em, and test later.

I initially had Rage instead of Equilibrium (just use to sticking it on other less squishy frames), but I like Equilibrium on Nekros much better!
Gives me more reason to happily spam Desecrate (I really like using it, it's like a raffle depending on the enemy, and makes farming more engaging). 

11 hours ago, (PS4)MelodiousMelody said:

Although, I'm not a fan of using shadows (just too distracting).
I'm always hitting them by mistake or can't find something/see someone downed cause the shadows, along with the enemy, cluttering up the screen.

Yeah, a lot of people find shadows annoying. They make great surfaces for detonating your tonkor, but tend to block other weapons. I usually bullet jump up high and aimglide down to attack. It makes them a bit easier to see past.

Edited by EpicJakelor

10 minutes ago, EpicJakelor said:

Yeah, a lot of people find shadows annoying. They make great surfaces for detonating your tonkor, but tend to block other weapons. I usually bullet jump up high and aimglide down to attack. It makes them a bit easier to see past.

I've heard Terrify was another one people don't like (I only use it if things get real dicey though).
:(

Looks like I'll be needing to practice my jumping skills.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)MelodiousMelody said:

I've heard Terrify was another one people don't like

I haven't heard that before, but I guess it makes sense for for some mission types. I usually only use it when things get really spooky or I have to rev someone. It's also nice to clear the area before casting shadows if you don't have natural talent on.

4 minutes ago, EpicJakelor said:

I haven't heard that before, but I guess it makes sense for for some mission types. I usually only use it when things get really spooky or I have to rev someone. It's also nice to clear the area before casting shadows if you don't have natural talent on.

Chasing enemies down, after they flee in terror can be annoying. Eh, I've just seen it floating around various threads. I've not run into a complaint (when I use it)... yet.
xD

Same, only for reviving someone or the room is cluttered, it's like scrum in rugby.

I do (have that mod on), since I find Desecrates cast time tortuously slow (I'm impatient). Still, good tip anyways since I only ever remember to cast shadows when the room is of course crazy hectic, even with the mod Nekros takes his sweet time. Lol.

I run a somewhat tanky build for desecrating (Near max range Desecrate with Despoil) I usually run melee and utilize lots of parkour and bullet jumping. You just bring a max range slash polearm, keep cutting up enemies, and stay near area with lots of HP orbs. Shadow Step helps a lot too.

Edited by duhadventure

20 hours ago, duhadventure said:

I run a somewhat tanky build for desecrating (Near max range Desecrate with Despoil) I usually run melee and utilize lots of parkour and bullet jumping. You just bring a max range slash polearm, keep cutting up enemies, and stay near area with lots of HP orbs. Shadow Step helps a lot too.

I can get him to survive Grineer tile sets now, but Corpus are now tearing him apart.
... Sapping Ospreys are EVIL.

On 4/22/2016 at 10:29 AM, (XB1)Skylancer4 said:

They suck, but you know that you can blow up the mines they drop right? (Just in case)

Yea, it's just they spam drop like no one's business, and I end up dying before I can get to 'em. I'd use range, but I'm a derp with aiming. I may need to explore some guns and see what find.

In regards to the thread, I've managed to acquire Despoil. It sees to work fairly well with Quick Thinking and he's able to take a lot more punches. Occasionally I get brazen and die, but still... my issue has improved greatly.
:D

10 hours ago, (PS4)MelodiousMelody said:

Yea, it's just they spam drop like no one's business, and I end up dying before I can get to 'em. I'd use range, but I'm a derp with aiming. I may need to explore some guns and see what find.

In regards to the thread, I've managed to acquire Despoil. It sees to work fairly well with Quick Thinking and he's able to take a lot more punches. Occasionally I get brazen and die, but still... my issue has improved greatly.
:D

One of the reasons I like the Ignis and Sonicor when running easy/starmap missions. The AoE tends clear up the board, containers, mines, etc. as well as innate punch through (goes through walls and closed doors).

I highly suggest you try the Ignis if you haven't yet, especially if you have trouble with precision aiming. It isn't a damage powerhouse (isn't horrible, but not great) but it is a HUGE quality of life increase. Just make sure you pack a solid secondary if you are expecting a tougher fight.

1 hour ago, S0V3REiGN said:

Why are some of you guys using redirection instead of vatality? Not only does it have a smaller base pool but you are also committing the health pool to Despoil as a resource.

I was actually wondering what would be better, Redirection or Vitality.
: /

Both seem to work, but I think higher Vitality is working better. I slapped Vigor on as well though.
I find that his health is still so easy to whittle away at however. 

17 minutes ago, Wopel said:

One of the reasons I like the Ignis and Sonicor when running easy/starmap missions. The AoE tends clear up the board, containers, mines, etc. as well as innate punch through (goes through walls and closed doors).

I highly suggest you try the Ignis if you haven't yet, especially if you have trouble with precision aiming. It isn't a damage powerhouse (isn't horrible, but not great) but it is a HUGE quality of life increase. Just make sure you pack a solid secondary if you are expecting a tougher fight.

I can't get Ignis as of yet. I'll give Sonicor a try though.

Thanks!

If you don't want to go the Shield of Shadows build I can suggest testing out Health Conversion:

270?cb=20160305020524

And alternative you can use a furis with the winds of purity mod:

latest?cb=20160209223946

The damage on the weapon itself is not very good but you do get the purity effect and the life steal is amazing utility for regaining back that health.

28 minutes ago, S0V3REiGN said:

If you don't want to go the Shield of Shadows build I can suggest testing out Health Conversion:

270?cb=20160305020524

And alternative you can use a furis with the winds of purity mod:

latest?cb=20160209223946

The damage on the weapon itself is not very good but you do get the purity effect and the life steal is amazing utility for regaining back that health.

I'm aiming to get Health Conversion, seems like a handy mod!

I've never even heard of the second one though. Er, what is "purity effect"?
(If you don't mind me asking).

3 minutes ago, (PS4)MelodiousMelody said:

I'm aiming to get Health Conversion, seems like a handy mod!

I've never even heard of the second one though. Er, what is "purity effect"?
(If you don't mind me asking).

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Purity

from the wiki:

Purity is an effect associated with the New Loka Syndicate, that is activated by acquiring affinity with a Syndicate Weapon or a weapon equipped with a Weapon Augment Mod. When triggered,Purity will release an AoE radial attack around the player, dealing 1000 Corrosive b Corrosive damage and applying the Corrosive Status Effect to enemies in range. It will also restore 25% of the player's max Health, and provide a (base) Health boost of +25% for 30 seconds.

2 hours ago, (PS4)MelodiousMelody said:

I guess that would mean I'd have to join the New Loka Syndicate to make any use of it?

It triggers from affinity, you don't need to be a part of that syndicate to activate it just to acquire it.

2 hours ago, (PS4)MelodiousMelody said:

I guess that would mean I'd have to join the New Loka Syndicate to make any use of it?

Nope, you can buy it from someone on trade just like your Despoil. When equipped the weapon has a little gauge that fills up as you gain affinity/kill things with the weapon, and when it fills you do a burst attack. You will however have to trick out the Furi (aka put a cata on it, it doesn't work on the AkFuri or Dex Furis either, just the single gun) if you want to get back an appreciable amount of health back and get kills with it though. I have the mod and an uncata'd Furi (R30)and it is pretty lackluster, I haven't had the cata to sink into them (I decided to put my last one on my Sweeper so I could make it capable of reliable status effects, which in turn saves me from being hit and taking damage). I'm quite sure after the cata it will be worthwhile though. Life Strike on the Redeemer also allows you to get a ranged heal (channel while doing the held button/ranged attack) because the attack has several pellets like a shotgun, each of which heals. Just another option.

The sonicor is a pretty nifty weapon, though Nekros in particular will have a love/hate relationship with it. It will absolutely keep you from getting mobbed and allow you to get out of sticky situations which is an option you love having on a squishy frame. You will absolutely hate that it bounces enemies all over if you are trying to desecrate however (unless you can funnel the enemies through a hall or something so they are contained).

Edited by Wopel

20 minutes ago, Wopel said:

Nope, you can buy it from someone on trade just like your Despoil. When equipped the weapon has a little gauge that fills up as you gain affinity/kill things with the weapon, and when it fills you do a burst attack. You will however have to trick out the Furi's (aka put a cata on them) if you want to get back an appreciable amount of health back and get kills with it though. I have the mod and an uncata'd Furi (R30)and it is pretty lackluster, I haven't had the cata to sink into them (I decided to put my last one on my Sweeper so I could make it capable of reliable status effects, which in turn saves me from being hit and taking damage). I'm quite sure after the cata it will be worthwhile though. Life Strike on the Redeemer also allows you to get a ranged heal (channel while doing the held button/ranged attack) because the attack has several pellets like a shotgun, each of which heals. Just another option.

The sonicor is a pretty nifty weapon, though Nekros in particular will have a love/hate relationship with it. It will absolutely keep you from getting mobbed and allow you to get out of sticky situations which is an option you love having on a squishy frame. You will absolutely hate that it bounces enemies all over if you are trying to desecrate however (unless you can funnel the enemies through a hall or something so they are contained).

Ah, now that makes sense, thanks for explaining that.
(Sounds complicated)

I rarely ever use ranged weaponry, I just love melee'ing it more... which is unfortunate for Nekros.
If he just had a wee bit more armor, I'd be happy, lol. 

He's managing as of now, he can hobnob for a while longer in Survivals now. Slowly, but surely.

a terrify build is absolutely wonderful for CC on missions that are tough (like sorties or LoR). Just keep scaring everyone away until the mission timer ticks down ^^

I generally just run either a desecrate build (max range max efficiency with natural talent) for farming or a terrify build. I find his shadow army somewhat lacking since the number of shadows you have is directly tied to your kills; at high levels with less kills, you get less shadows so its efficacy drops over time... kinda counter intuitive imho and it's one of those skills that really needs to be tweaked by DE.

He is definitely more of a support frame though.. especially for rezzing and managing crowds in a pinch.. soul punch insta-rez, fear, and his wall of shadows.