Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

is this game starting die out ?

gunsmoke77

I think you actually have the best and most concisely worded explanation in the thread for why it can appear inactive, but still be extremely active. That's also a really good way to summarize how activity coalesces in certain areas -- well done. Should answer the OP's question perfectly. 

2 hours ago, DxAdder said:

I thing more advertising would hurt them at this time, a 3 year old game that's still in Beta ? (but takes in real cash ?) it really sends a mixed message to new players.

I don't think so, everyone's used to Kickstarters and other weird ways of starting development on things these days.  Games usually take 3-4 years to develop anyway, sometimes longer.  The game's been in development as it's been growing, it's not that hard a concept for the average gamer these days to get their head around.  There's no "set way" of doing things as much as there used to be.

32 minutes ago, Omnimorph said:

I don't think so, everyone's used to Kickstarters and other weird ways of starting development on things these days.  Games usually take 3-4 years to develop anyway, sometimes longer.  The game's been in development as it's been growing, it's not that hard a concept for the average gamer these days to get their head around.  There's no "set way" of doing things as much as there used to be.

I really don't think they would make live action TV ads for a Beta.. that would be kinda pointless.

And if they want to take this game to the next level for gaining new players TV is where they need to be.

3 hours ago, DxAdder said:

I really don't think they would make live action TV ads for a Beta.. that would be kinda pointless.

And if they want to take this game to the next level for gaining new players TV is where they need to be.

Well no, that's the point, they'd do it when the game is officially out of beta and more or less finished to their satisfaction.