Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Rework - Hallowed Paladin

(PSN)StarDustKillah

Oberon Rework

This fan rework, is basically a dream oberon lol. I’ve used Oberon the most out of my 900+ hours on this game, sitting at 17%.

When I read Oberon’s powers it seemed as if he was supposed to be this Holy Paladin Tank, that was able to play really good support. With this concept I want to push that play style/role & show it more. I also made him extremely powerful b/c his acquisition was one of the most pain staking, for beginners anyway (When compared to others.)

Here we go.

Stats(Maxed):

Health 275 

Shield 100 

Armor 225

Power 175

Sprint Speed 1.0

Passive: Rapid Resilience

Hallowed Judgment - Basically combining Smite & Renew into one ability. I felt Renew was one of Oberon’s least used abilities. So I’m combing it with Smite.

“Hallowed Judgment: Smite” - When Oberon Target’s an enemy, the Traditional Smite ability activates: Grants a Hard Knockdown, a Radiation Proc & Smaller Smite Projectiles that seek out new targets.

• Initial Projectile- Damage 100/250/400 
  • Smaller Projectiles - 2/4/6

“Hallowed Judgment: Renew” - When Oberon Target’s an ally, an inferior version of Renew activates: This Renew projectile will seek out That Ally Alone.

• Heals them by 25/50/75 per second for 4/6/8. 
  • Reduces enemy Status Proc’s by 25%. 
  • Slows Bleed by 10/15/20%.

*Holding down Power 1 will have Oberon cast “Hallowed Judgement: Renew” onto himself.

Hallowed Ground - Oberon surrounds the area in a 15/25/35m Radius of Hallowed Flames for 20/30/40s.

• Enemies who enter this radius take 50/150/250 Radiation damage per second.

• Enemies in Hallowed Ground have 10/15/25% of their armor stripped & applied to Oberon. (Armor isn’t lost when enemy Dies)

*50% of that Armor Value is applied to Allies who are within & 10/15/20m outside of Hallowed Ground.

• Enemies with Radiation Procs within the radius have an additional 20% armor stripped. With only 15/20/25% of that removed armor being applied to Oberon & allies.

• 2% of Armor Gained is added to Oberon’s base armor for the duration of the Mission.
  • This amount should be shown by an icon next to Oberon’s Stats.

• Oberon & Allies also have enemy Status Proc durations reduced by 40/55/65%.

*Thought this was more fair than it straight up removing Status Procs. Since I made Hallowed Ground cover so much ground.

• While in Hallowed Ground Oberon & Allies have a 15/25/35% chance to reflect 35/55/75% of incoming damage back at the attacker.

*Reflected Damage done also has a Radiation Damage & a chance to inflict a Radiation Proc.

• This ability is “recastable”. This being the case only one Hallowed Ground can be active at a time.

Augment: Hallowed Explosion

• 120% of all Armor Stripped contributes to to this Augment’s Damage. 

• Other values like radius & base Damage remain the same.

Reckoning- Oberon’s reckoning works the way it currently does now. More Damage & mainly used for Causing instant Radiation Procs.

But I’m moving it to his Third Ability.

• Blind Duration: 2/3/4 seconds
  • Blind Range: 2/4/6 meters.
  • Damage: 500/750/1,000 Radiation Damage
  • Reckoning’s Range: 5/10/15 meters
  • Health Orbs Drops: 5%

Ragnarök-   Oberon Focuses all of his Strength, Energy, Will and Resolve into his core. And forces it to expand it with-in his physical form. Turning him into an ultimate life form, known as the... Ragnarök. This form summons Oberon’s Hammer the “True Magistar” for laying Judgement into his Foes. 

The Additional Base Armor added from Hallowed Ground is used to fuel this form.

For every 500 Base Armor, this form will consume 20% less energy. 

• Energy Per Second: 16 
  • Damage: 400 (In addition to your current weapon's damage)
  • Attack Speed: 0.85
  • Hammer’s range is 1.5x that of Orthos Prime
  • Oberon’s movement is like that of Wukong’s Cloud Walker
  • Oberon’s Base Movement Speed is increased to 1.30

Every time an enemy is destroyed by this weapon. A Magistar Wraith is summoned and follows Oberon until a new enemy comes close enough to fight.

• Maximum Hammers: 2/4/6
  • Damage: 120/140/160% of True Magister
  • Attack Speed: 0.70
  • Aggro Range: 5/10/5/15 meters from Oberon
  • Hammer’s Health: 15/35/55% of Oberon’s Maximum Health
  • Hammer’s Armor: 125/150/175% of Oberon’s Maximum Armor

• Hammers mainly draw agro & deal High Damage. While channeling, all hammers will Hurl themselves at the last enemy Oberon strikes. Canceling Channelling calls it off.
  • This will destroy the hammers. But with their remaining health + Oberon’s Current Armor as additional damage. (Would be cool if momentum added more damage)

For each individual Melee Combo Counter Multiplier reached, Oberon is granted an Oversoul Barrier level. Each level of Oversoul Barrier reduces all Damage done to Oberon and nearby allies by 10%. This is affected by power strength. 

• Mods like Body Count effect this exalted weapon's combo counter.
  • Allies within 15/20m receive the damage reduction. Any ally standing on HG receives, but is out of range of Oberon receives half of the Damage reduction.
  • When Oversoul Barrier expires, it turns into Raging Soul Wraith form that follows Oberon, dealing 15% of all damage reduced. Raging Wraith last for 15 seconds of each Oversoul Level. Duration & Damage are effected by mods.
  • While only standing in Oberon's "Hallowed Ground" Soul Wraith moves 30% faster & receives a 150% damage Boost.

Thinking about this concept while writing, really got my mind going imagining running Oberon w/ this Rework. So much so... I had to draw it. 

Fan Art:

The "new" spoiler tags are EXTREMELY unintuitive & are EXTREMELY headache inducing.

Some Fan Art located here: This Picture is stuck here in a second tag now.

hPJZZbb.jpg

Edited by (PS4)StarDustKillah
Spoiler Tags & Grammar

2 hours ago, (PS4)StarDustKillah said:

Oberon Rework

This fan rework, is basically a dream oberon lol. I’ve used Oberon the most out of my 900+ hours on this game, sitting at 17%.

When I read Oberon’s powers it seemed as if he was supposed to be this Holy Paladin Tank, that was able to play really good support. With this concept I want to push that play style/role & show it more. I also made him extremely powerful b/c his acquisition was one of the most pain staking, for beginners anyway (When compared to others.)

Here we go.

Stats(Maxed):

Health 275 

Shield 100 

Armor 225

Power 175

Sprint Speed 1.0

Passive: Rapid Resilience

Hallowed Judgment - Basically combining Smite & Renew into one ability. I felt Renew was one of Oberon’s least used abilities. So I’m combing it with Smite.

“Hallowed Judgment: Smite” - When Oberon Target’s an enemy, the Traditional Smite ability activates: Grants a Hard Knockdown, a Radiation Proc & Smaller Smite Projectiles that seek out new targets.

• Initial Projectile- Damage 100/250/400 
  • Smaller Projectiles - 2/4/6

“Hallowed Judgment: Renew” - When Oberon Target’s an ally, an inferior version of Renew activates: This Renew projectile will seek out That Ally Alone.

• Heals them by 25/50/75 per second for 4/6/8. 
  • Reduces enemy Status Proc’s by 25%. 
  • Slows Bleed by 10/15/20%.

*Holding down Power 1 will have Oberon cast “Hallowed Judgement: Renew” onto himself.

Hallowed Ground - Oberon surrounds the area in a 15/25/35m Radius of Hallowed Flames for 20/30/40s.

• Enemies who enter this radius take 50/150/250 Radiation damage per second.

• Enemies in Hallowed Ground have 10/15/25% of their armor stripped & applied to Oberon. (Armor isn’t lost when enemy Dies)

*50% of that Armor Value is applied to Allies who are within & 10/15/20m outside of Hallowed Ground.

• Enemies with Radiation Procs within the radius have an additional 20% armor stripped. With only 15/20/25% of that removed armor being applied to Oberon & allies.

• 2% of Armor Gained is added to Oberon’s base armor for the duration of the Mission.
  • This amount should be shown by an icon next to Oberon’s Stats.

• Oberon & Allies also have enemy Status Proc durations reduced by 40/55/65%.

*Thought this was more fair than it straight up removing Status Procs. Since I made Hallowed Ground cover so much ground.

• While in Hallowed Ground Oberon & Allies have a 15/25/35% chance to reflect 35/55/75% of incoming damage back at the attacker.

*Reflected Damage done also has a Radiation Damage & a chance to inflict a Radiation Proc.

• This ability is “recastable”. This being the case only one Hallowed Ground can be active at a time.

Augment: Hallowed Explosion

• 120% of all Armor Stripped contributes to to this Augment’s Damage. 

• Other values like radius & base Damage remain the same.

Reckoning- Oberon’s reckoning works the way it currently does now. More Damage & mainly used for Causing instant Radiation Procs.

But I’m moving it to his Third Ability.

• Blind Duration: 2/3/4 seconds
  • Blind Range: 2/4/6 meters.
  • Damage: 500/750/1,000 Radiation Damage
  • Reckoning’s Range: 5/10/15 meters
  • Health Orbs Drops: 5%

Ragnarök-   Oberon Focuses all of his Strength, Energy, Will and Resolve into his core. And forces it to expand it with-in his physical form. Turning him into an ultimate life form, known as the... Ragnarök. This form summons Oberon’s Hammer the “True Magistar” for laying Judgement into his Foes. 

The Additional Base Armor added from Hallowed Ground is used to fuel this form.

For every 500 Base Armor, this form will consume 20% less energy. 

• Energy Per Second: 16 
  • Damage: 400 (In addition to your current weapons damage)
  • Attack Speed: 0.85
  • Hammer’s range is around 1.5x that of Orthos Prime
  • Oberon’s movement  is much like that of Wukong’s Cloud Walker
  • Oberon’s Base Movement Speed is increased to 1.30

Every time an enemy is destroyed by this weapon. A Magistar Wraith is summoned and follows Oberon until a new enemy comes close enough to fight.

• Maximum Hammers: 2/4/6
  • Damage: 120/140/160% of True Magister
  • Attack Speed: 0.70
  • Aggro Range: 5/10/5/15 meters from Oberon
  • Hammer’s Health: 15/35/55% of Oberon’s Maximum Health
  • Hammer’s Armor: 125/150/175% of Oberon’s Maximum Armor

• Hammers mainly draw agro & deal High Damage. While channeling, all hammers will Hurl themselves at the last enemy Oberon strikes. Canceling Channelling calls it off.

• This will destroy the hammers. But with their remaining health + Oberon’s Current Armor as additional damage. (Would be cool if momentum added more damage)
  • For each & every single “Melee Combo Counter” reached, Oberon is granted an Oversoul Barrier level. Each level Oversoul Barrier reduces all Damage done to Oberon by 10%. This is affected by power strength. 
  • When Oversoul Barrier expires, it turns into a Raging Soul Wraith form that follows Oberon, dealing 15% of all damage taken. Raging Wraith last for 15 seconds of each Oversoul Level. Duration & Damage are effected by mods.
  • While only standing in Oberon's "Hallowed Ground" Soul Wraith moves 30% faster & receives a 150% damage Boost.

Thinking about this concept while writing, really got my mind going imagining running Oberon w/ this Rework. So much so... I had to draw it. 

Hide contents

hPJZZbb.jpg

You know Im not against another Stance Ultimate which is funny Im over here tryna convince and push a much needed rework  for Ash including Blade Storm, I am highly a fan of Ashs Blade Storm being reworked as a Stance Ultimate because unlike Oberon Ash is actually a Melee based frame and his Ultimate Blade Storm is originally the 1st Warframe with an innate built in weapon to his ability.

I can agree on tuning up Oberon but the only thing in conflict here is Your new 4 for Oberon, yet another Stance Ultimate will surely make community members just dislike. Im sure a few may like the idea most surely wont. My Blade Storm concept as a stance at least makes sense except the community is having a tug or war battle with allowing another Stance. Oberon on the other hand doesnt make sense or fit him.

I like everything else even the passive Rapid Resilience which is a great mod for tanking and survival. Try another idea if You like for his 4th. Its Your thread do as You please Im just offering advice dont believe Me?

Take a look and lay Your Votes here 

http://strawpoll.me/7402832 <<< Weapon Ultimates 

http://strawpoll.me/7404229 <<< Blade Storm Stance 

http://strawpoll.me/7404251 <<< Peacemaker 

Also check this thread its basically made to determine how the community feels about embracing more Weapon Ultimates not just a Stance Melee Weapon, but weapon abilities in general if its Guns, Bows, heck maybe throwing Daggers? Get involved and see for Yourself

On 4/19/2016 at 6:20 AM, AKKILLA said:

You know Im not against another Stance Ultimate which is funny Im over here tryna convince and push a much needed rework  for Ash including Blade Storm, I am highly a fan of Ashs Blade Storm being reworked as a Stance Ultimate because unlike Oberon Ash is actually a Melee based frame and his Ultimate Blade Storm is originally the 1st Warframe with an innate built in weapon to his ability.

I can agree on tuning up Oberon but the only thing in conflict here is Your new 4 for Oberon, yet another Stance Ultimate will surely make community members just dislike. Im sure a few may like the idea most surely wont. My Blade Storm concept as a stance at least makes sense except the community is having a tug or war battle with allowing another Stance. Oberon on the other hand doesnt make sense or fit him.

I like everything else even the passive Rapid Resilience which is a great mod for tanking and survival. Try another idea if You like for his 4th. Its Your thread do as You please Im just offering advice dont believe Me?

Take a look and lay Your Votes here 

http://strawpoll.me/7402832 <<< Weapon Ultimates 

http://strawpoll.me/7404229 <<< Blade Storm Stance 

http://strawpoll.me/7404251 <<< Peacemaker 

Also check this thread its basically made to determine how the community feels about embracing more Weapon Ultimates not just a Stance Melee Weapon, but weapon abilities in general if its Guns, Bows, heck maybe throwing Daggers? Get involved and see for Yourself

The reason why I have his 4 as a melee stance, is b/c it screams Paladin & having his Oversoul Wraith acting as a raging spirit(Along with him floating about) screams Druid.

I think there aren't a lot of Stance Ultimates in the game yet, to warrant over saturation. They're definitely still in minority there being only 3 (4 if you include Excalibur Prime). 

I don't know. I thought I made it unique enough to stand out, from the others. B/c you get melee kills to summon more Hammers Minons & you'd tank you as much damage as possible to release it back with you wraith.

Edit: I do appreciate the criticism though.

Edited by (PS4)StarDustKillah

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/19/2016 at 6:20 AM, AKKILLA said:

Also I wanted to mention, Oberon can be classified as a melee warframe b/c:

1.) During his time of release he had tanky stats.

2.) Hallowed Ground is most effective when standing on it.

- So fighting within melee range is a must, when completely using his kit.

- Renewal slowly replenishes at rate in which it's almost as if a player would expect to be constantly losing health(I state this, b/c the effect ceases once HP has been replenished.)

3.) Oberon's signature weapon... is Magistar... a melee weapon

4.) His 1 grants a hard knockdown, which again if fighting using his kit optimally you'd be in melee range. Granting you Melee Finisher Damage.

Edit: I know this is a late reply, but I re-read you post & that part stuck out to me. Just felt like putting it down in writing.