Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any word on the email changing system getting up to date?

ImanisSors

Question

Edit: In retrospect the question should've just been,"Hey, anybody have any luck changing their e-mail?" But I got distracted and raged.

So I decided to abandon my old email, and went through all the things I've been using with it my entire life to change it to the new one. It took a grand total of five minutes to change facebook, youtube, steam, paypal, everything, to the new email. Then I got to warframe, found out I had to contact support directly, and was faced with this ridiculousness 

Hello,

This is an automated email, intended to gather all the necessary information we need to process your request. Since you put your ticket in the “Update Account Information” category, there is a good chance you want to change the email address for your Warframe account.

We will need you to answer a few security questions before we can process your request. Please make sure to include this information in your ticket:

- When was your account created?
- Have you ever purchased a Prime Access pack?
- Have you ever purchased Platinum using a discount coupon? (20/50/75% off)
- Have you ever contributed resources to help build a room or decoration in a Dojo?
- Have you recently made any trades with another Tenno? What items did you trade?

Also, please tell us the new email address you want to use for the account (Note: It can't already be linked to an existing account).

Thank you for including all the info we need to help you get back on track. One of our support agents will get to your ticket shortly.

Thanks for your patience!

After filling out this strange assortment of random information, I basically received a duplicate to this message as a reply.      

TL:DR This security is stupidly outdated and clan members could almost fill this out in my place. Hoping an alternative to this is coming soon

Edited by ImanisSors

6 answers to this question

i changed my email a long time ago too

and i got some similar questions

i answered them but then got a reply that i had one of these wrong (they didnt told me wich) but asked me to do some different questions

after i answered those they changed my email

This seems more as a rant thread than anything else.

None of us can answer you about the system DE uses for these things. I agree that that system is pretty meh, but we can only guess about when they will update it.

Alright, fair enough. Was just reading that they used to have a simpler system for a short period of time and hoping that they mentioned bringing it back eventually when it was changed. Couldn't find anything in update notes though so might as well just trial and error until the support works.