Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost's Armor Strip

(PSN)Zrohour

Question

I was building Frost prime over the weekend and decided i wanted a strength build. Mainly i want 100% armor strip. However, i still want my globe to be viable. For those times when S*** hits the fan. Plus i like doing defenses every now and then.

What i came up with, before i ran out of credits. Lol. ( ill post a pic when i get home) but i think my percentages where something like:  

* Duration= 125%

* Efficiency= 110%

* Range=145%

*Strength= 236%

Im running, Rejuvanation, Power drift, Streamline, Intensify, Stretch, TF, BR, Primed Continuity, Sf  and im still running Chilling Globe. I also have the Squall arcane helm.

(Avalanche) Armor strip is at about 94% right now with a 9 sec duration.

(Snow Globe) health is at about 13k.

What do you guys think of this build. Some mods are not maxed, so there is room for improvement. But how does 100% armor strip with about a 10 sec duration work say against lvl 100 enemies? Is it viable past that? Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also i would still like to be somewhat efficient as my energy is not that high.

Edited by (PS4)Zrohour

6 answers to this question

You could throw in a Corrosive Projection. Personally I am not too fond of trying to build for the armor strip, I think it's more of a perk then something to build towards. Another option could be transient fortitude, intensify, power drift and energy conversion, that is a conditional 250% ps and you don't lose effeciancy to BR.

Edited by S0V3REiGN

To be honest, I wouldn't go for full armour strip. I mean, it's useful and all, but it's not as great as it may seem. You're gonna screw over something in the process.

I personally run a mix of duration with strength, along with some efficiency. 

Trans Fort
Intensify
Narrow-Minded
Consitution
Primed Cont
Primed Flow
Streamline
<Random Mod>

Power Drift

1 hour ago, (XB1)Me Myselfe And said:

Cut your duration it only affects the freeze duration on the first ability and freeze duration on the ultimate. That makes it basically useless. Swap it for fleeting expertise, it will drop your casting prices drastically.

it also affects freeze duration on enemies frozen by chilling globe and how long enemies are stripped of armor from avalanche considering they're only stripped of armor while frozen as per the wiki's description:

"Frozen enemies have their armor reduced by 25 / 30 / 35 / 40% for the duration of the freeze. "

5 hours ago, S0V3REiGN said:

You could throw in a Corrosive Projection. Personally I am not too fond of trying to build for the armor strip, I think it's more of a perk then something to build towards. Another option could be transient fortitude, intensify, power drift and energy conversion, that is a conditional 250% ps and you don't lose effeciancy to BR.

Why add corrosive projection, when im trying to be the corrosive projection. Lol. Jk. But seriously, i gotta save cephalon points, then i can try those new mods out. Kinda interested to see them work. 

5 hours ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

To be honest, I wouldn't go for full armour strip. I mean, it's useful and all, but it's not as great as it may seem. You're gonna screw over something in the process.

I personally run a mix of duration with strength, along with some efficiency. 

Trans Fort
Intensify
Narrow-Minded
Consitution
Primed Cont
Primed Flow
Streamline
<Random Mod>

Power Drift

Lol,  the more i mess with it, im finding that out. Also learning flow is kinda needed at these costs. Ill give your build a try and see how it works out. Does having so low of range bother you in any mission types?

5 hours ago, (XB1)Me Myselfe And said:

Cut your duration it only affects the freeze duration on the first ability and freeze duration on the ultimate. That makes it basically useless. Swap it for fleeting expertise, it will drop your casting prices drastically.

As Cryozar said duration is kinda needed for making the armor strip last. Plus duration on the chilling globe mod. Thats why i just dont throw duration out the window. But i do need to get more efficiency though..

I ran this build earlier and the energy was just to low for the costs. So my work continues. Thanks everyone for the great tips.

Edited by (PS4)Zrohour

10 hours ago, (PS4)Zrohour said:

Why add corrosive projection, when im trying to be the corrosive projection. Lol. Jk. But seriously, i gotta save cephalon points, then i can try those new mods out. Kinda interested to see them work. 

Lol,  the more i mess with it, im finding that out. Also learning flow is kinda needed at these costs. Ill give your build a try and see how it works out. Does having so low of range bother you in any mission types?

As Cryozar said duration is kinda needed for making the armor strip last. Plus duration on the chilling globe mod. Thats why i just dont throw duration out the window. But i do need to get more efficiency though..

I ran this build earlier and the energy was just to low for the costs. So my work continues. Thanks everyone for the great tips.

For the <random mod> I usually go for Stretch. I wouldn't advise OE, just 'cause it lowers my already low PS.