The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Any Suggestion For Better Connection?

Shockness

My internet speed is great, so is my ping, but somehow i just can't play games with pugs without crazy lagg..

It's not my connection but is it because theirs suck and mines better or something? any feedback?

if your upload speed is 2 mbps you are good to play/host. The reason your are lagging probably because you are not the host and the host in your game have crappy connection. 

If this is a consistent issues regardless the people you play with it may have something to do with your ISP or your computer's ability to handle multiple connections simultaneously.

That said DE has said they are working on better threading of network connectivity.

Might want to open a support ticket and speak to them and see what they say.

Edit: I saw a forum post yesterday that suggested people try 32-bit instead of 64-bit if they have constant lag issues, may want to look into that as well.

Edited by Mickey1779

Host migration is a totally separate issue, as it causes the people still in game to lose any items they had collected up to that point in the mission.

Very annoying and frustrating on Endless Defense when the host bails and you lose all the mods you had gotten to that point. Basically anytime a person opts to leave Endless Defense everyone should leave to avoid losing all their mods since currently there is not indicator to show who the host is or if it is the host that is leaving.

"Host is leaving, are you sure you want to continue?" would be nice.

I'm really hoping they bring some way to change host in the game without the current host leaving.

I can personally run all missions without any lag, and it's so frustrating to join a mobile defence with ping over 3000 ms.

You guys do know there's a option in the setting in which you can limit the ping number. That way for example if i put a ping limit of 200ms only people with 200ms can join me and you join parties that have 200ms.

OFcourse i know that.. but then i can barely join anything

at least half the games I play, mobs are teleporting around. So there's a lot of people with bad connections out there. I have a 75/35 connection and this stil happens to me. So just wait for them to fix the issue or you can just host the games yourself. Except that causes massive fps drops :(