Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus and Convergence

Currilicious

Convergence orbs. The thing we tried to love but ultimately love to hate.

The thing that appears in the most annoying places and yet you will still go out of your way for it. Then, curse under your breath because your teammates wiped the red dots away.

Can we have this mechanism changed to be non-disruptive and non-counter intuitive?

Instead of putting orbs in that shack out by route-73, West of Godforsakenville (population: 8), just have Convergence happen as your focus ability recharges.

Honestly, I don't have the exact numbers on how big a boost the orbs are to Focus gain. So I'll just the X's and Y's to illustrate as best as I can. Don't think of this as Algebra because that's definitely not the point here.

At every Y% of Focus ability recharge, you also gain Y/100 * X percent of bonus Focus points. Where X is the Convergence bonus rate.

So at 25% focus ability recharge, you are at 25% of a Convergence orb bonus gain. At 50% recharge, 50% Convergence. Up to 100%.

Of course, if a change like this should happen, the values of X and Y above would need some tweaking.

Would this be better (as in less cursing at the orb spawning at the least opportune times)?

Edited by Currilicious

Yeah, I would prefer this, but then again, I pretty much cant stand the convergence orb mechanics

Three problems stand out:

First, it´s too often far out of the way, making you need to stop what you are doing and hunt down the blinky glowy orb thing, i have seen this appear VERY far away, especially in some void missions, where it may have been 50m from me in a direct line, but due to walls in the way, it would have taken about 40 seconds to run over there.

Have seen this happen in mobile defense, where it meant staring at the icon for the convergence, because i really cant leave the MD spot for that long to fetch it

Second.. it´s just breaking the flow of the mission, adding random buffs that then encourage you to go on a killing spree to make best use of that buff, just, it distracts me from what I´m doing, it breaks the flow of the game, by adding times side objectives to everything.

And third, and worst of all, it´s not immersive at all.

At no point can I ever feel like the convergence pickup is actually story related, or anything I can immerse myself in.

It´s quite impossible to ignore, that it´s a mechanic, and I grab that pickup thing and then go on a killing spree, because that generates XP that I need.

I get a feel for the gun I´m using, I get a feel for the warframe I´m playing.. but the convergence? no such feeling.

It's a mechanic, to be grinded, through and through.

It makes as much sense to me as it would be to add a draco like mission, intentionally, just, specifically add a mission where you would be able to maximize kills per second, and not even hiding the fact that it's a grinding spot, and then massively nerfing affinity gains from all other content.

Just.. DE please remove the convergence completely.

I have seriously been thinking about having a specific focus grinding gear set, and just getting my daily focus cap done at draco, and then using gear without lenses, for all other gameplay.

I'm not even making that up, I'm specifically avoiding putting lenses into gear now, because I'm making up my mind if I consider being unable to even see the convergence nonsense appear, to be enough of a bonus to warrant paying for it's absence with specific focus grinding sessions.

Just, really?

Edited by enizer

I pretty sure that convergence thing was added as a response to AFK focus farmers/leachers. So it is doubtful that it will be completely removed before proper anti-afk system will be introduced. But maybe devs can change it into something more suitable to honest tenno, specifically tune the rules of convergence spawn distance, duration and synergy power for each game mode separately. And make it less irritating.

Edited by K4r4k4s4

the little yellow flowers are basically annoying.  I ignore them unless they appear at my feet, or I'm waiting for the next wave to start.

The BIG and annoying display when the yellow flower finishes counting down needs to be removed.  a small display in the corner would be fine, but I sometimes avoid the yellow flowers because the display is so odd and out of place. 

OP and other poster have some good suggestions.  Focus is a mess right now and needs a major overhaul... which should be based on player feedback and suggestiions.