Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why I hate wasps (And other winged insects).

(PSN)JaysInc_

Now everyone has there reasons for hating wasps, whether they being winged-harbingers of death or a general nuisance, my reason for hating them, and every other winged bug there is, is due to the fact that they can't exit the same way they enter my place. The door would be wide open and somehow they can't manage to make their way out (like seriously, it's this giant open exit right in front of you). But what pisses me off even more is when they get stuck in my blinds, and god forbid they manage to get out. Hell, they even manage to get out but they either: A) go back into the blinds or B) Fail to exit through my door. Which raises more questions as to how they are able to exit the slim cracks of my blinds but can't exit through a GIANT &#! DOOR!!!

These are just some gripes I have with them.

Wasps, bees, flies, hell even butterflies and dragonflies do that. They don't seem to get too oriented as to where they came from, or the artificial lights of a house really confuse them.

There's also the two common cases where they keep flying full speed towards a closed window in order to get out. Or even better, ignore everything and fly directly into your room.

It's very frustrating really.

1 minute ago, ElGuirrix said:

Wasps, bees, flies, hell even butterflies and dragonflies do that. They don't seem to get too oriented as to where they came from, or the artificial lights of a house really confuse them.

There's also the two common cases where they keep flying full speed towards a closed window in order to get out. Or even better, ignore everything and fly directly into your room.

It's very frustrating really.

This is the part where I give them assistance, by slapping them with a broom.

2 hours ago, (PS4)JaysInc_ said:

-snip-

These are just some gripes I have with them.

I dunno, they're not so bad, except for that part where I got stung under my left big toe when I was 11, and my poor family doctor had to tell me that, because of how my body responded to the sting, that my leg was probably going to have to get amputated at mid thigh to save my life.  Ended up giving me some last ditch superdrugs, and I got to keep my leg, but yeah.  F hornets.  With a flamethrower.  Or some 90% H2O2.  Mixed with hydrazine.

I've had a problem with wasps this year, they were hanging around my mail box, deck, and truck. Never really had a problem with them until this year, and I usually ignore them and lure them away elsewhere. But this time I had to use another solution.

Spoiler

00257947-3d14-49cd-96cc-95f85fa4022c_400

Edited by NinjinDjinn
Typo

Literally had this issue a week ago. Some fatty flew in through the window crack, but could not exit the same way and was beating himself on the glass. I had to open the window completely and gently push his cute fluffy butt with a help of... I don't even remember what i used. Like a stick of sorts?

It wasn't a bee or wasp it was... I don't know their name in english, in russia we call them "shmel'". They're like bees, but big, fat and cute. And also they don't try to murder you on spot.

My spirit animal it seems...

Edited by Artek94

A bee once flew into my home and started charging at the window. Since the window does not open I hatched a plan to get rid of the little death dealer.

Step 1: Grab a cup of reasonable length to keep myself at a safe distance from the business end of the bee, trap the bee in the cup and seal it with a sheet of paper.

Step 2: Poke a tiny hole in the sheet of paper and slowly fill the cup with water.

Step 3: When the bee is wet and can no longer fly take the cup out side and pour the water along with the bee on the floor.

Step 4: Revel in my genius and contemplate mercy towards the flying demon.

So I left to get the cup, and when I returned my brother had killed the bee with a rolled up sheet of news paper.

That was my kill... :(

1 hour ago, Artek94 said:

Literally had this issue a week ago. Some fatty flew in through the window crack, but could not exit the same way and was beating himself on the glass. I had to open the window completely and gently push his cute fluffy butt with a help of... I don't even remember what i used. Like a stick of sorts?

It wasn't a bee or wasp it was... I don't know their name in english, in russia we call them "shmel'". They're like bees, but big, fat and cute. And also they don't try to murder you on spot.

If they have clear distinctions between the black and yellow, they might be carpenter bees and they are a huge problem in the US because they force out the honey bees which are the good bees here. There's probably more to it but carpenter bees are anti-honey. Are you anti-honey?!

16 hours ago, Artek94 said:

A bumblebee?

9 hours ago, Akavakaku said:

A bumblebee?

Yeah, probably that. So far the only bug that didn't bite me in my life ever.

I've been stinged by bees, wasps, black AND red ants and even by the red-head one! Bugs-firefighters we call them.

But no one believes me that he bit me because "they dont bite"!

I'VE SEEN HIS JAW INSIDE MY 5 YEAR OLD SKIN DAMMIT

• 2 weeks later...

well then i must be lucky. i was stung bvy a wasp only once, but i was quick to react and i managed to put a cream on my self

now dont get me wrong, i love insects, however there are exceptions to the rule.

Since i live in spain we very often get flies and mosquitoes,

however sometimes you get these freaking massive flies. which are called moscon or moscardon in spanish. and are huge. 

mosquitoes, well you know what they can do. however we have a remedy for mosquitoe bites. it's called aloe vera! it's simply incredible how effective it is