Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Something wrong with my Mag? :/

GhostlyGoatzz

Question

So i saw on different streams and videos that Mag's fourth ability ''Crush'' does a lot of damage, but after getting him it just seems he does no damage with it at all... 

i made sure i used the exact builds people are recommending and under ability it says that the Crush ability does 2400 damage, but when in a tower 2. It does 180 3 times in a row when using it. It means that i can't even one hit the level 20's in there :/. Am i doing something wrong or is something wrong? I have made sure i got no dragon key on ^^

Thx in Advance - Ghostly.

7 answers to this question

1.) Mag is a female. Sorry had to make that clear

Also Mag's 4th ability crush does Magnetic damage, and as we all know is only really good against shielded enimies. Heres something to read if you want to understand

It does Magnetic damage.  This may seem like a minor note given that all Warframe abilities do specific damage types, but Magnetic damage is often considered the most useless type in the game.  This is because the only strength it has is versus shields which can be bypassed entirely with toxin (making Toxin much better at the job).  In addition, it's only strong versus proto/shields, it has no other positive modifiers.

The main weakness is that it's weak against Alloy Armor, which is notable because the Grineer extensively use this.  It's not just their heavy units, once you get past the midrange difficulty they begin to replace Lancers with Elite Lancers and such, meaning most Grineer you fight will have this type of body structure and thus give a huge penalty to the effectiveness of Crush.  Even with Intensify, a level 32 Elite Lancer will take less than 250 damage from a maxed Crush, which would have a base 1,300 attack with that mod on.

Edited by (PS4)midy0508

1 minute ago, (PS4)midy0508 said:

1.) Mag is a female. Sorry had to make that clear

Also Mag's 4th ability crush does Magnetic damage, and as we all know is only really good against shielded enimies. Heres something to read if you want to understand

It does Magnetic damage.  This may seem like a minor note given that all Warframe abilities do specific damage types, but Magnetic damage is often considered the most useless type in the game.  This is because the only strength it has is versus shields which can be bypassed entirely with toxin (making Toxin much better at the job).  In addition, it's only strong versus proto/shields, it has no other positive modifiers.

The main weakness is that it's weak against Alloy Armor, which is notable because the Grineer extensively use this.  It's not just their heavy units, once you get past the midrange difficulty they begin to replace Lancers with Elite Lancers and such, meaning most Grineer you fight will have this type of body structure and thus give a huge penalty to the effectiveness of Crush.  Even with Intensify, a level 32 Elite Lancer will take less than 250 damage from a maxed Crush, which would have a base 1,300 attack with that mod on.

1 minute ago, Kenshin98 said:

If you're in a void mission and you're doing little dmg, it means that a corrupted ancient is nesrby. They have an ability to reduce incoming dmg from all sources 

so so your mag is just fun I guess 

Thanks for the replies guys, and well the thing is i saw Wgrates ( A Streamer) that used Mag on his world record run some days ago, he did loads of damage on T4, while i strugle to one hit the Enemies in T1, but ah well, i guess i just have to see if it gets better :)

35 minutes ago, GhostlyGoatzz said:

Thanks for the replies guys, and well the thing is i saw Wgrates ( A Streamer) that used Mag on his world record run some days ago, he did loads of damage on T4, while i strugle to one hit the Enemies in T1, but ah well, i guess i just have to see if it gets better :)

they killed the enemies with shield-polarize, not crush