Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bosses are Irritating to Kill Alone

MetaMortred

I understand that bosses must be more powerful so that people have to take them down together, but this is ridiculous, The golem I killed in Jupiter took exactly 30 minutes of constant sword smashing, i was just standing there, looking at him and smashing the keybord. It was very very boring. If you could reduce his health by at least half or even a quarter it would be much better. Right now its just annoying instead of fun.

EDIT:

I should point out that bosses are not difficult once you level up and reach 30. Even pluto boss, I could solo him and get some interesting loot from him.

Edited by TheNexusCloud

Steve, i'm going to elaborate on this idea more in an individual post, and it may be one fueled by ignorace as I have not compleated all the missions, but perhaps bosses should be more epic? Unless the first boss, the Captain Varsnick (whatever his name was) was the exception, I don't look forward to fighting a "super" version of the normal enemies as bosses. Giving bosses their own rooms, and giving them all unique skillsets and varying sitiations will make for a far better battle. I'm of the belief that games should be soloable if given that option. So rewarding players of skill will be beneficial as well.

My appologies for how unorganized this though it.

You should all play against the Jackal. He can be found in Venus Fossa Mission. After you play that level your entire perspective of the game will change. You probably wont sleep after seeing it. That level offers a new boss (never before seen) in a seperate room with their own special powers you havent seen before. Try him.

You should all play against the Jackal. He can be found in Venus Fossa Mission. After you play that level your entire perspective of the game will change. You probably wont sleep after seeing it. That level offers a new boss (never before seen) in a seperate room with their own special powers you havent seen before. Try him.

a suggestion on this guy, I'm currently a pistol sniper user. so I was very glad that there was constant ammo drops, but here's the problem. they were ALWAYS Pistol Shotgun n Rifle ammo drops!

I know that the Sniper vs the boss' in Fossa would be too OP but how about a very tiny amount of sniper ammo drops? I spent the better part of a half hour just pistol-ing the hell outta that Jackal.

for higher level maps and bosses

one word

Snipetron

only 50 shots tho and max ammo mods dont work on it(bug) & unzoomed doesnt even shoot at the cursor at all & zoomed the cursor moves slower than a fricking snail (at a sensitivity where normally you can turn around twice with a single move of the mouse). Also reload take 5+ seconds with an original clip size of 4...

Edited by Montiblanc

the one time i tried meleeing him to death he released an aoe poison on every hit that ingnored my sheilds. so idk what im doing wrong, though th gorgon or aklatos take him out fairly quickly, he doesnt have a sheild thankfully

I take what I said here back. With the right weapon and at the right level you can own any boss you want.

@Monti

The reason sniper doesnt work is because the internvals between shots is soo low that he recovers shield from your shots. Best way to deal with that problem is using armor piercing, or a high rate weapon like Gorgon.

The boss in the Mars system War mission is kinda extremely hard. I can understand that he goes stealth, and her regens shield. But when i stun lock him for almost a minute and i still havent killed his shield. (I was hitting him even in invis.) Then he slips away and full shields again. The only way i found to get him is to use Volts shock sparingly and just hope that its enough.

The boss in the Mars system War mission is kinda extremely hard. I can understand that he goes stealth, and her regens shield. But when i stun lock him for almost a minute and i still havent killed his shield. (I was hitting him even in invis.) Then he slips away and full shields again. The only way i found to get him is to use Volts shock sparingly and just hope that its enough.

War? your kidding, right? that boss was joke! I did it solo with a level 2 sword! I hope your kidding. You want difficult, try Pluto. Although even that was a joke when I did it with Monti last night.

Edited by TheNexusCloud

I just defeated Jackal by myself and I have to say that he was a pretty unimpressive push over. All you had to do was shoot his legs out and then slash dash him which takes a chunk of his health off. Either way it would be a lot cooler if Jackal kind of moved around the room like on the ceilings and just used that wide open area as he basically just follows you around. His speed is also incredibly slow and he reminded me of the snail like Big Dog from Boston Dynamics:

I mean he is called Jackal after all. Let him live up to his reputation.

Edited by NoirProxy

Thanks for heads up! We're working on this guy, he's meant to be the more nightmarish one to fight but you have found his achilles heel - melee stun-locking...

Is it possible at all to make bosses weaker in single-player (i.e. scale to the number of players)? I have tried to beat General Sargas "I-Have-Magnetize" Ruk repeatedly and he is a giant wall of hit points, powers, and utter, horrible, pain.

Which makes me sad because I need the blueprints he drops to make use of the Ember blueprints I bought.

I think the game should be balanced that you could, in theory, solo it entirely. With some difficulty, certainly, but solo should be a challenge versus a chore. I find the enemy numbers in a solo game are pretty challenging without being painful,but the bosses are all out of whack because they don't get nerfs if you're playing with less than a full group.

Also, powers like Magnetize really should be disabled if you only have one player, they basically make it impossible to damage the boss.

Edited by MJ12

Pluto boss and any boss in general is easily soloable if you can find a niche spot to shoot at them or things along those lines. As a volt user, I feel a bit overpowered since my Overload skill does more than 40k damage if anything stays near me for more than a couple seconds -- which makes me kill the pluto boss and many others in one spellcast, 6,000 tick damage is a bit much even if I maxed it out.

My experience is limited to loki and volt though, but my friend plays excalibur and he's also capped. Working on rhino next.

Edited by Kunieda

The pluto boss in hades isn't even a big deal honestly, I've seen my friend solo it as well. And I've also solo'd it a few times without using my powers at all. Maybe you are not geared up enough yet? I have about +280% armor bonus, +40% health/shield recharge, and 770 or so shield with mods topped with enemy/loot radar for my warframe's mods. My weapon is a Gorgon pro with misc upgrades.

Bosses should be harder and/or with bigger skillset.

Maybe a bit of level scaling? So people would try to find a group (Rhino, Trinity, damage dealer etc)

Although some guys seem to favor the opportunity to easily solo all bosses, like seen above.

Soloing all bosses easily and fast at level 30 at melee range with a gorgon.

Also some of them are exploitable - people just stand on crates and nuke a boss together.

Edited by Deimoskiri

It's not that I favor it, there is never anyone playing where I play, and I have been capped out for a while just looking for highest % mods now. Once other people get their warframes fully built it's easy for them as well, regardless of the class. And this is only for now, they're working on adding more unique bosses so the ones you come across aren't just "elite" versions of the mobs you are already facing. I agree with having more skills that they can use, most I come across do have around 2-3 though, which isn't bad for progress so far.

The assassination mission for jackal was really fun and challenging, but the other missions I've done so far are just a boring grind. Recharge shields run in slash until shields run out rinse and repeat.

That's neither fun nor challenging, it is indeed irritating.

I tried with 3 friends and even if we save our ammo we couldn't kill the grineer counsellor without having to slash and slash and slash...

edit: Maybe lower the health and add a longer shield recharge delay but make the adds spawn and attack you constantly while you're attacking your assassination target. That would be easier to change than making each assassination a fight like Jackal but still make it way more fun than the current setup.

Edited by Dredboss

Also with the current energ

The assassination mission for jackal was really fun and challenging, but the other missions I've done so far are just a boring grind. Recharge shields run in slash until shields run out rinse and repeat.

That's neither fun nor challenging, it is indeed irritating.

I tried with 3 friends and even if we save our ammo we couldn't kill the grineer counsellor without having to slash and slash and slash...

edit: Maybe lower the health and add a longer shield recharge delay but make the adds spawn and attack you constantly while you're attacking your assassination target. That would be easier to change than making each assassination a fight like Jackal but still make it way more fun than the current setup.

The respawning enemies i agree on. some of the regular bosses are either too easy to kill when they are alone, or to hard without energy to get their shields killed. So some enemies spawning in would help with ammo and energy problems. Not many like 2 dozen moas but like a small group of crewman, marines and such.

i agree with Kunieda, i have 30 Excaliber with around 280%-300%+ armor 270+ HP and 1k + shield, i can solo everything. Greinier Mobs does 1 damage on my health per bullet and commander around 10-20 for the launcher. But it's boring, they need to improve chat and invite system.

Edited by Sylvern

From a new player's perspective (got beta key yesterday):

Screw 1 second shield recharge delays. Especially with the amount of shields and health some of these guys have.

Tethys - Sergeant what's his face - that mission has no business being rated 8-14 or whatever it is. At least not for solo. The inability to use ranged weapons half the time along with how much damage (and interruption, and lack of being interrupted) he can do in melee is painful, to say the least.

War - Sergeant Coward - I can't even kill him alone because his smoke bomb takes .5 seconds to use, he has a limitless number of them, and if I get him anywhere near the bottom of his shields (or God forbid, his health) and he's not staggered from melee/shocked for any amount of time, off he goes and there's his shields back. Especially annoying because I hate cowards and I'm trying to get the Mag blueprints.

I'd also like to opine that with the number of systems (crafting materials, time taken for crafting, difficulty/length of boss fights, there's probably others), low/rare drop rates really aren't necessary. Then again I'm biased as I've despised the "drop rates are the king of progression/advancement" philosophy as far back as Diablo 2.

I know that the game is focused towards coop, but if solo play is going to be available, it should at least be doable. On that note if anyone wants to help me run War I'd greatly appreciate it.

I would also like to say that despite the criticism in this post, I'm enjoying the game a lot. Not quite convinced on founders yet, but definitely considering it.