Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why This Game Discourages Sniping?

Eric1738

I have been wondering this recently. it's ok a sniper starts with 72 ammo, coz sniper is supposed to be more efficient than other guns, but the problem is the supply: Lockers never/seldomly drop sniper ammo; drop rate from enemy corpses is the lowest; the lowest amount per pick. All these factors combined, basically DE is telling us, dont use sniper, u will run out of ammo in the missions. This looks so wierd to me. Well usually sniping is somehow encouraged in a shooter game, coz it requires a little bit more skill than just fire blindly. I dont really expect warframe encourages sniping, but at least please treat it equally. my suggestion: either make the ammo drop rate same as rifle/shotgun/pistol, or make it +20 per pick.

Edited by Eric1738

I never had much problems with finding ammo for my paris, and I always bring 2 ammo boxes should I run out.

and if you're really trigger-happy, consider using the +ammo capacity mod, even only 1 or 2 points already helps a lot.

but for starters: use the sniper on the tougher targets, use secondary or melee on the grunts, works a lot better

With a sniper you should be killing things with one shot so those 72 shots are 72 kills, not counting heavies and misses.

If you .... for some reason dont think that ammo is enough... can use Sniper Scavenger or get Sniper ammo boxes which give you max ammo.

The sad fact is snipers just aren't the most effective choice in this game. The Vulkar is only good in the sense that it encourages people learning how to aim for the weak points (and you still do sub-par damage).

At the current state of the game a 25k braton will outperform most guns as a "ready to go" weapon (essentially just change element to match what you're fighting and the rest of your build is mindless).

IMHO a fully maxed out sniper should be on par with how the Ogris can gib whole clusters of enemies (but do it with like 5m puncture)

Edited by Bakim0n0

"Well usually sniping is somehow encouraged in a shooter game, coz it requires a little bit more skill than just fire blindly"

no it doesnt, ever played any shooter game, you can even snipe people while jumping, one shot weapons require no skill whatsoever, i would say that firing blindly actually requires more skills to hit than sniper

No.

Use your sidearm. I mostly use sniper type weapons, and yes I can run out of sniper ammo, but that's what my pistols are for.

well, that is a solution, but i can use hek/braton/latron through the mission. so compared to them, any sniper is discouraged by the game setting.

I never had much problems with finding ammo for my paris, and I always bring 2 ammo boxes should I run out.

and if you're really trigger-happy, consider using the +ammo capacity mod, even only 1 or 2 points already helps a lot.

but for starters: use the sniper on the tougher targets, use secondary or melee on the grunts, works a lot better

ammo boxes, ya, of course they help, but the thing is if i use other rifles in a normal capture/raid/sabotage mission, i never need ammo box. so why sniper is special, y do i have to spend extra credit when i have other better options? in this sense, sniping is discouraged by the game.

The sad fact is snipers just aren't the most effective choice in this game. The Vulkar is only good in the sense that it encourages people learning how to aim for the weak points (and you still do sub-par damage).

At the current state of the game a 25k braton will outperform most guns as a "ready to go" weapon (essentially just change element to match what you're fighting and the rest of your build is mindless).

IMHO a fully maxed out sniper should be on par with how the Ogris can gib whole clusters of enemies (but do it with like 5m puncture)

My snipetron would like to say hi.

With a sniper you should be killing things with one shot so those 72 shots are 72 kills, not counting heavies and misses.

If you .... for some reason dont think that ammo is enough... can use Sniper Scavenger or get Sniper ammo boxes which give you max ammo.

i was thinking the same, so i never thought i would post this. but i just finished a solo raid mission in which i killed 370 enemies, most of them by sniper. i tried my best to find ammo, use ammo boxes, but finally i gave up, it is just immposible for me to find that much sniper ammo, so i ran to the extraction point asap and finished this nightmare.

Edited by Eric1738

i was thinking the same, so i never thought i would post this. but i just finished a solo raid mission in which i killed 370 enemies, most of them by sniper. i tried my best to find ammo, use ammo boxes, but finally i gave up, it is just immposible for me to find that much sniper ammo, so i ran to the extraction point asap and finished this nightmare.

Well, if you are going to a high level mission alone and kill everything that appears..... you really need to stock up no matter what weapon you use. Outside of those couple of guns that you never run out of ammo in most situations like this some backup is required. 

Well, if you are going to a high level mission alone and kill everything that appears..... you really need to stock up no matter what weapon you use. Outside of those couple of guns that you never run out of ammo in most situations like this some backup is required. 

the sad part is that, it was a mission on venus, difficulty 1.

Edited by Eric1738

the sad part is that, it was a mission on venus, difficulty 1.

OK, if you are going to do a mission alone and kill everything that appears and have a gun that is around the same level(mod capacity) of the area you are doing the mission you need to equip yourself.

My snipetron would like to say hi.

Snipetron still is under par but at least it was much closer to where it should be.

But waving around that the sniper that actually was a sniper is no longer offered speaks volumes to the point of the OP.

*edit*

P.S. My Ogris says "GET ON MY LEVEL"

Edited by Bakim0n0

DE doesn't want you to sit and snipe. They want you to sit and watch tesla shock things to death while you blow up other things with a rocket launcher.

This is quoted for truth.

Also, it has to do with level design. There are very few levels designed for snipers, and the ones that are, are unpopular (Grineer Reactor Defense)

DE doesn't want you to sit and snipe. They want you to sit and watch tesla shock things to death while you blow up other things with a rocket launcher.

I admit, as time goes by it feels like this game is being moved to a more vanilla experience. But you know. vanilla brings all the kiddies to the yard.

"Well usually sniping is somehow encouraged in a shooter game, coz it requires a little bit more skill than just fire blindly"

no it doesnt, ever played any shooter game, you can even snipe people while jumping, one shot weapons require no skill whatsoever, i would say that firing blindly actually requires more skills to hit than sniper

Are you high?

A weapon with a slow firing rate & a small clip size is a lot harder to manage than an automatic weapon that you just spray in the general direction of what you want to kill.

Sniping weapons are best against single targets, that is sort of the point.

Consider this though, one shot is a quarter of your clip size. If you took 1/4 of a clip from one of the automatic rifles you are going you have a much easier time handling 3-4 mobs than with your 1 shot from your max modded sniptron.

Why you feel that?

I polarized my snipton 4 times and equiped with 8 full level mods.I killed a level.225 corpus crew by one shot in defence wave 50.

I also killed J3 boss by only one shot.

To be fair, Corpus crewmen are the weakest of all enemies, and the Snipertron deals AP damage instead of normal, thus giving you incredible bonuses when landing head-shots.

Why you feel that?

I polarized my snipton 4 times and equiped with 8 full level mods.I killed a level.225 corpus crew by one shot in defence wave 50.

I also killed J3 boss by only one shot.

well, u see, my problem is not snipers not killing stuff... they do, but the ammo supply i think could have a buff

I dont know why there is sniper weapons in the game at all.  The Latron 1 shots most things in the game, put the zoom mod on it and you have an endless supply of 1-shot sniper rifle.

I agree though that if they are going to keep the sniper rifles in the game they should change how many bullets you get and somehow make them useful against heavys/bosses since the Latron is better in every aspect of the game compared to any of the sniper rifles.  It has more ammo, bigger clip, faster reload, no huge zoom if you do not prefer it, and can turn instantly into a machine gun by spamming left click.

To be fair, Corpus crewmen are the weakest of all enemies, and the Snipertron deals AP damage instead of normal, thus giving you incredible bonuses when landing head-shots.

that's why I polarize it 4 times and love it very much.

also,that's why I don't think this game discourage sniping

AP rocks