The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe advanced movement

DanujCZ

So we all know that tenno are basicaly ninjas with lot of guns n’ sword n’ magic. We seen them performing some awsome moves like bullet jump, back filip in mid air and so on.

But we’ve never seen them doing something so simple that even $&*&*#(%& grineer can do, take a lotus damned cover behind a blunt or something. I mean tenno are smart to hide behind the wall while there is a guided missle after them instead of runing from it or shaking it off. Tenno are masters of gun and blade so i think they should know how to take a cover or lie on a ground (when not bleeding out).

DE said many time they won't implement a cover system because they had it in the past (I wasn't there at the time so I'm not sure on this) and it slowed the pace of the game. You can stil crouch behind cover., though

devs stated a long time ago that cover system was a faillure for WF

as yu can allready take cover and should do it , but adding a specific system will likely kill te action

i would tolerate a stance change while covering but nothing that break the flow , just visual fun

so it aint coming , crounshing is the cover for now and for the futur

Edited by Tsoe

Just now, Drufo said:

DE said many time they won't implement a cover system because they had it in the past (I wasn't there at the time so I'm not sure on this) and it slowed the pace of the game. You can stil crouch behind cover., though

This is much better than what I said. There isn't a system, but you still can. 

Back in the earliest days of warframe the devs were debating whether they should implement a cover system into the game but they decided not to. As they stated on one of the devstreams(I think,but it could have been another video) they opted not to include because they felt it would slow the game down. I agree with their choice. Warframe is a game with a high emphasis on speed and maneuvering, and this gives it a unique feeling that separates it from many other video games.

Cover systems are an abomination in PC games, left over from the early days of console gaming, where attempting to play the early FPS games on gamepads was much harder than mouse and keyboard, due to a hard cap on how fast you can turn, and a steep learning curve on turning accurately at that cap due to how high you have to set your sensitivity.

This meant poor sales for console FPS games, as many players simply couldn't be bothered with developing the considerable skills needed to both aim and dodge for themselves.

Cover systems were a solution that removed one half of the precise movement required of players, in many cases effectively making them invincible while hiding behind cover, while auto aim simplified the other half.

Now at least, more console gamers are up to that challenge (serious respect to anyone playing Warframe on a gamepad), and more FPS games without auto-aim and cover systems are available on consoles.

They are nothing more than a crutch for poor players, using a limited input device.  If you want to be good at anything, then it's going to take practice.

I suggest you learn to bullet-jump/aim-glide/slide/roll/run/walk/crouch into cover, instead of asking for an excellent game that actually takes skill to play, to be nerfed down to a level appropriate for console-casuals.

Cover systems are the complete antithesis of advanced movement.

Edited by polarity