Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do I just have realy good RNG or is the stalker broken?

maxwell2813

Question

A while ago i was soloing a Tower 2 exterminate mission in the void when the stalker showed up.. I didn't think any thing of it and just went to kill him, than a few weeks later i go back to solo another tower 2 exterminate and the stalker showed up, once again i didn't think anything of it and just battled him (and this was my first time soloing a tower 2 exterminate mission after the stalker showed up a few weeks before in the other tower 2 exterminate mission). Anyway today I go back to solo the Tower 2 exterminate mission looking for stuff to sell for ducets and the stalker again shows up, after that i go back to do the mission again and yep the stalker is back again...

stalker only ever shows up in my Tower 2 exterminate mission when i solo them.. he never shows up (to kill me at least) in any other missions im in..

So do I just have really good RNG or is the stalker broken for me?

9 answers to this question

The Stalker is farming you as you farm. He's got needs, too, you know.

More seriously though, I read some advice that makes sense about void farming and RNG in general; when you log in, the game creates a "seed" which it then uses to set spawns/rewards based on RNG, like invasions and loot drops. I've noticed that if I log out after getting the same items in a row the drops have changed. I've also had similar experience with not seeing the Stalker or having an invasion in a long, long time (this recently happened) then having Stalker/invasions happen very frequently. The other night I fought Stalker three times after not seeing him for over a month and had to fight a couple of invasions.

Take it with a grain of salt. I'm not sure how much research has been done on the issue and I'd love to provide a link to where I read this info, but the player seemed to know what they were talking about and I have noticed differences when after logging in then logging out and back in when farming something.

If it happened all in one play session, I'd say you had weighted RNG. If not, then I guess you just got lucky/unlucky depending on how you look at it. Personally, I wanted Stalker to show up cause he has ship parts and my partner needed one of his weapons.

2 hours ago, rage4198 said:

now that you said you have good rng you jinxed it

Sorry about that, man! Rngesus is a fickle deity ;)

Don't even recall the last time, any assassin showed up in a solo mission of mine. Especially Stalkie and G3 must have realised by now, that they got stuff, I'd like to have and therefore stay away as far as they can. I read, that every squad member with a mark adds to the spawn chance. Well, I believe, I subtract in fact. So if assassins bother you, just team up with me. I'm100% Stalker/G3 repellent ;)

4 hours ago, Rounpositron said:

Whoa, you have the best RNG! How did you do it?

Actually that was really frustrating... I wasn't in need of anything Stalker/Shadow could drop. And he just kept appearing and I just shred him apart every time.