Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Informing; guide: PS4 interception AI Update. players are failing, why?

(PSN)L-B-H-100

Question

too many times have i seen my squad fail more than usual at Ceres Draco.

i cant say that i believe PS4 Tenno have adjusted to the new updated difficulty of Interception AI overhaul. so as an informal lesson, lets go over the new AI pattern and how to counter it.

to sum it up, enemies are now more focused on the objective and eliminating players. meaning that more enemies will attempt to hack the targeted tower and others will attack the players in more numbers. they are also more aware of the players location, so they may target you from a distance if they are close enough.

it seems that we need to assume roles by actually defending the two consoles below each tower. often i see more players ignore enemies hacking a console, then take it right behind said player.

please also note that these enemies may attempt to hack more than one console, so please pay attention to both console below the tower.

also, enemies are now able to assume roles as well; when they decide to hack a console, they will ignore you at any cost of their own health. meaning that they are not just going to give up just because they are being shot by other teammates.

another problem I have noticed is that players are relying to much on large scale abilities to kill a large number of enemies. that is all well and good, but just make sure your actually killing these enemies, especially if they are hacking the console.

lastly, it seems that players are still bringing their low ranked warframes to Draco. that is fine, just remember that enemies are aware of your position at all times once the first tower is taken. as we already covered, interception enemies can now assume equal roles; some will hack the objective, and more will attack the players.

my suggestion would be to take a sniper to Draco with the under-ranked warframe, and see if you can defend consoles from the yellow cart rail on the side of the map.

however, in my own opinion, interception on Draco is far too difficult to bring low ranked warframes to. the suggestion above is merly just a suggestion, but that doesnt mean that you will still not be targeted. bring more low ranked weaponry instead of your low ranked warframe, and bring one good weapon and one good warframe with you.

as my last suggestion, make sure you are making good use of elemental resistance mods, particularly the fire resistance mod. this will protect you from high damage scorches and crazy Kavat ladies.

6 answers to this question

They probably fail for the same reasons you see them fail on the PC.

Usually, it comes down to situational awareness (lack thereof) and a certain...mmm...how shall we put this? Ah, a certain lack of experience when dealing with this map, interception in general, and high level grineer spawns. In other words, they don't know what they don't know and they pay for it since this isn't 10min in Apollodorus.

It's best when the team actually just camps one to a node and holds off the enemy. Unfortunately, this doesn't usually work on Draco since you've got the xp leeches with unleveled 'frames and weapons that simply can't contribute much. The next best thing is if someone can actually CC a large portion of the map and, essentially, drag the team to victory no matter how badly everyone else is screwing up. In other words, someone or ones needs to be taking this seriously and keeping the nodes in play. As long as two are cycling and you don't allow the enemy to keep any for any significant length of time, you'll win. That's basic interception.

Then there's the grineer. They are no joke on Draco. You must prioritize enemies. Scorches need to die right away. Don't let them run wild. Next are the hyekkas. They--and the cats--need controlled or eliminated as soon as they appear. If you have a Nyx, then she can actually subvert these and the many excimi that spawn to help out. Stuff needs to die or be controlled quickly, or things can get bad faster than you can react.

Aside from killing or controlling threats, you need to avoid those threats. Cats closing in? Get out. NOW! Just get away. Scorch surprises you around a corner. Drop and roll and get the hell out. You need to learn to avoid incoming fire. Many don't. Also, you need recovery items. Whether it's a friendly Trin, a syndicate weapon that procs heals, a syndicate modded Furis (hinthint), or life leech modded melee weapons, you need this on this map. You will get hit--and stuff hits hard, especially after the second round. Most of the incoming is easily mitigated with movement, but you must learn to do it.

Lastly: stay off the ramps. There is no, and I mean no reason to go up there. At least not for long and then only at the end of a round to gather up drops from enemies that caught some "to whom it may concern" from the AoE types. It's a death trap up there (they can hit you from three sides at close to medium range) and there's no tactical reason to be up there. There's no node up there and the enemies will come down. Stay off.

You need to focus on the terminals, no terminals hacked and enemies can't hack points easily. Plan carefully and make sure you bring at least one decent item, be it some form of warframe with good offensive ability, or a good weapon such as the tonkor for add control. You should be fine then.

I (as Ivara) would always rush to Delta and shoot a zipline to the tower across from alpha.  Hop on zipline and shoot Sleep Arrows at the enemy groups.  This tactic wouldn't score me many kills, but greatly assisted the whole party with easier kills.  This tactic combined with a Trinity, Mirage, and/or Saryn was evilly efficient.  

Sloan441 gave very good reasons that would lead to failure of the mission.  I will admit that I have under-estimated the Grineer when leveling up new frames a couple of times.  My Trinity caught pure hell until I got her to a decent level.  

9 hours ago, (XB1)Twinna25 said:

You need to focus on the terminals, no terminals hacked and enemies can't hack points easily. Plan carefully and make sure you bring at least one decent item, be it some form of warframe with good offensive ability, or a good weapon such as the tonkor for add control. You should be fine then.

you are half correct.

you need to bring one fully ranked warframe and one decent weapon.

its obvious now that Draco is far too hard for players to bring under-ranked warframes with the new AI. its the reason why they go down so easily and its not like players who actually do come prepared are going to carry them through either and revive them constantly.