Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suits for Non-Warframe NPCs

Rehtael7

I've noticed that our non-Tenno operatives in the field are rather under-protected, mostly just wearing gray jumpsuits. It could be more interesting for the game as a whole, particularly VIP defense missions if we were to give them some kind of armored suit. Something that allows them to mimic the movements of Warframes to a minor degree. (This would of course require either new AI guidelines, or a new AI movement pattern) Each will be given a single ability and a loadout of its own which can still be swapped out for a player's secondary weapon if desired.

The operatives will be given their suits randomly at the start of the mission, and their gear will scale with their level unless otherwise specified.

Naturally I think it would be best to focus on the five schools. (I may add more suits for each type later, and will see about getting the art commissioned.)

Naramon

The N4.6 model Operative suit is designed to expose vulnerabilities in foes, making the wearer more effective in dispatching targets. The N4.6 suit is able to project holographic targets around headshot locations on targets, increasing the damage they take by 20% for 10 seconds after casting. The ability is on a one minute cooldown and will be cast only when at least three targets are within its maximum range of 20m. This ability ignores walls and cover, showing the targeting hologram even when the target is not visible. The casting animation for this ability is Nova's Molecular Prime animation.

• Naramon suits offer +10% health, +20% shields and +20% armor to the wearer
  • Naramon suits are equpped with Rubico (Metal Auger) Sniper rifles and Laceras (Defiled Snapdragon + Pressure Point)

Vazarin

The V-6K model Operative suit regenerates the health of its user and nearby allies at a slow, steady pace of 5 per second. It is able to send out a pulse which restores 5 energy, 50 health and 100 shields up to 30m every 15 seconds, but only if at least one Tenno is nearby. The pulse does not apply to its wearer. This ability ignores walls and cover. The casting animation for this ability is Nekros' desecrate sped up by 100%.

• Vazarin suits offer +30% health, +10% shields and +20% armor to the wearer
  • Vazarin suits are equipped with Tiberon (Cryo Rounds) Assault rifles and Tipedos (Clashing Forest + Pressure Point)

Zenurik

The Au-Z model Operative suit is designed for stealth assaults, reducing noise in a 30m area around it by 50%. It can also blind all enemies in a 15m radius for 10 seconds and reduce all sound in a 20m radius by 100% if at least 3 enemies are within range. This function has a one minute cooldown after each use. The casting animation for this ability is Saryn's Miasma animation.

• Zenurik suits offer +40% shields and +10% health to the wearer
  • Zenurik suits are equipped with Vectis (Hush) Sniper rifles and Hates (Stalking Fan + Pressure Point)

Madurai

The M3000 model Operative suit was built with only full-frontal combat in mind. It is capable of unleashing a wave of flames in all directions. This would use the same effect as an Arson Eximus fire attack, sped up by roughly 500%, igniting all enemies hit by it. It would also leave behind burning napalm at the casting location which scales in damage, akin to the grenades used by Hyekka tamers. This fire wave has a maximum range of 20m, and the napalm has a range of 10m. The M3000 is able to cast this ability once every 45 seconds if there are at least 3 enemies within 25m. The casting animation for this ability is Valkyr's Paralasys.

• Madurai suits offer +20% base damage, +10% health, +10% shields and +10% armor to the wearer
  • Madurai suits are equipped with Tigris (Blaze) Shotguns and Silva & Aegises (Final Harbinger + Pressure Point)

Unairu

The U IV model Operative suit is designed to endure punishment and is able to bolster its defenses and the defenses of its allies by 15% against all damage sources up to 30m. This power has a duration of 20 seconds, and a cooldown of 1 minute, 10 seconds after it ends. The initial casting of the ability also stuns enemies akin to the Justice effect, making them open to melee finishers. The casting animation for this ability is Rhino's Stomp.

• Unairu suits offer +20% health, +20% shields and +20% armor to the wearer.
  • Unairu suits are equipped with Sybaris (Shred) Assault Rifles and Shakus (Atlantis Vulcan + Pressure Point)
Edited by Rehtael7
Changed the title to be less confusing.

27 minutes ago, Rehtael7 said:

I've noticed that our non-Tenno operatives in the field are rather under-protected, mostly just wearing gray jumpsuits. It could be more interesting for the game as a whole, particularly VIP defense missions if we were to give them some kind of armored suit. Something that allows them to mimic the movements of Warframes to a minor degree. (This would of course require either new AI guidelines, or a new AI movement pattern) Each will be given a single ability and a loadout of its own which can still be swapped out for a player's secondary weapon if desired.

The operatives will be given their suits randomly at the start of the mission, and their gear will scale with their level unless otherwise specified.

Naturally I think it would be best to focus on the five schools. (I may add more suits for each type later, and will see about getting the art commissioned.)

Naramon

The N4.6 model Operative suit is designed to expose vulnerabilities in foes, making the wearer more effective in dispatching targets. The N4.6 suit is able to project holographic targets around headshot locations on targets, increasing the damage they take by 20% for 10 seconds after casting. The ability is on a one minute cooldown and will be cast only when at least three targets are within its maximum range of 20m. This ability ignores walls and cover, showing the targeting hologram even when the target is not visible. The casting animation for this ability is Nova's Molecular Prime animation.

• Naramon suits offer +10% health, +20% shields and +20% armor to the wearer
  • Naramon suits are equpped with Rubico (Metal Auger) Sniper rifles and Laceras (Defiled Snapdragon + Pressure Point)

Vazarin

The V-6K model Operative suit regenerates the health of its user and nearby allies at a slow, steady pace of 5 per second. It is able to send out a pulse which restores 5 energy, 50 health and 100 shields up to 30m every 15 seconds, but only if at least one Tenno is nearby. The pulse does not apply to its wearer. This ability ignores walls and cover. The casting animation for this ability is Nekros' desecrate sped up by 100%.

• Vazarin suits offer +30% health, +10% shields and +20% armor to the wearer
  • Vazarin suits are equipped with Tiberon (Cryo Rounds) Assault rifles and Tipedos (Clashing Forest + Pressure Point)

Zenurik

The Au-Z model Operative suit is designed for stealth assaults, reducing noise in a 30m area around it by 50%. It can also blind all enemies in a 15m radius for 10 seconds and reduce all sound in a 20m radius by 100% if at least 3 enemies are within range. This function has a one minute cooldown after each use. The casting animation for this ability is Saryn's Miasma animation.

• Zenurik suits offer +40% shields and +10% health to the wearer
  • Zenurik suits are equipped with Vectis (Hush) Sniper rifles and Hates (Stalking Fan + Pressure Point)

Madurai

The M3000 model Operative suit was built with only full-frontal combat in mind. It is capable of unleashing a wave of flames in all directions. This would use the same effect as an Arson Eximus fire attack, sped up by roughly 500%, igniting all enemies hit by it. It would also leave behind burning napalm at the casting location which scales in damage, akin to the grenades used by Hyekka tamers. This fire wave has a maximum range of 20m, and the napalm has a range of 10m. The M3000 is able to cast this ability once every 45 seconds if there are at least 3 enemies within 25m. The casting animation for this ability is Valkyr's Paralasys.

• Madurai suits offer +20% base damage, +10% health, +10% shields and +10% armor to the wearer
  • Madurai suits are equipped with Tigris (Blaze) Shotguns and Silva & Aegises (Final Harbinger + Pressure Point)

Unairu

The U IV model Operative suit is designed to endure punishment and is able to bolster its defenses and the defenses of its allies by 15% against all damage sources up to 30m. This power has a duration of 20 seconds, and a cooldown of 1 minute, 10 seconds after it ends. The initial casting of the ability also stuns enemies akin to the Justice effect, making them open to melee finishers. The casting animation for this ability is Rhino's Stomp.

• Unairu suits offer +20% health, +20% shields and +20% armor to the wearer.
  • Unairu suits are equipped with Sybaris (Shred) Assault Rifles and Shakus (Atlantis Vulcan + Pressure Point)

Love the idea I would be a nice addition to the focus system & operators 

Just now, Cydro_ said:

Although this could be cool, are you referring to the operatives in rescue missions? I mean, they are imprisoned, it makes sense for them to be unprotected

That and the operatives in syndicate missions, in VIP defense missions (Sorties) and in any situation where there would be an allied operative in any future mission varieties. So they would be unarmed in rescues but would probably still have their suits.

Just now, Rehtael7 said:

That and the operatives in syndicate missions, in VIP defense missions (Sorties) and in any situation where there would be an allied operative in any future mission varieties. So they would be unarmed in rescues but would probably still have their suits.

Syndicate missions have operatives from the syndicate you're doing a mission for, so it doesn't make much sense for them to use Tenno tech imo. VIP defense, on the other hand, would be cool. 

9 minutes ago, Cydro_ said:

Syndicate missions have operatives from the syndicate you're doing a mission for, so it doesn't make much sense for them to use Tenno tech imo. VIP defense, on the other hand, would be cool. 

Let's be frank, those guys are currently useless and die VERY quickly. You could easily reskin these armors to match the look of the Syndicate they're from. Also, they're all considered allies of the Tenno, hence their presence on our Relays.

Edited by Rehtael7

3 minutes ago, Rehtael7 said:

Let's be frank, those guys are currently useless and die VERY quickly. You could easily reskin these armors to match the look of the Syndicate they're from. Also, they're all considered allies of the Tenno, hence their presence on our Relays.

I know, just looking at it from a lore perspective. No point in crushing the lore when we're only just getting into it. Not saying I don't want them to be changed up a bit, just think there's better ways to go about it. That's not to stomp on your suggestion though, the idea itself is still very cool, and could be used with our operatives in some form as mentioned by @tennorod I think

Just now, Cydro_ said:

I know, just looking at it from a lore perspective. No point in crushing the lore when we're only just getting into it. Not saying I don't want them to be changed up a bit, just think there's better ways to go about it. That's not to stomp on your suggestion though, the idea itself is still very cool, and could be used with our operatives in some form as mentioned by @tennorod I think

Thanks for the mention man

23 minutes ago, Cydro_ said:

I don't see how this has any lore conflict. It would only make sense to armor one's allies, particularly those working directly for the Lotus. It would be no different from the Relay guards carrying boltors and bratons.

If you're referring to Syndicates, it would make all the more sense for them to armor their operatives, and maybe let them use their Syndicate specific weapons. If you're the sequence, it would be a good investment. Armor is cheaper than lives. If you're Steel Meridian, naturally you'd take care of your troops since we know how much they value lives of colonists. If you're Arbiters, you'll arbitrarily armor your troops, Suda would probably find it helps their efficiency, Veil... Whatever. And I'm sure Loka has no problems with that.

Edited by Rehtael7

7 minutes ago, Rehtael7 said:

I don't see how this has any lore conflict. It would only make sense to armor one's allies, particularly those working directly for the Lotus. It would be no different from the Relay guards carrying boltors and bratons.

If you're referring to Syndicates, it would make all the more sense for them to armor their operatives, and maybe let them use their Syndicate specific weapons. If you're the sequence, it would be a good investment. Armor is cheaper than lives. If you're Steel Meridian, naturally you'd take care of your troops since we know how much they value lives of colonists. If you're Arbiters, you'll arbitrarily armor your troops, Suda would probably find it helps their efficiency, Veil... Whatever. And I'm sure Loka has no problems with that.

I'm not sure what you're referring to in the first paragraph. The second, though, I see what you mean for armor; however, syndicate operatives already use syndicate weapons

Just now, Cydro_ said:

I'm not sure what you're referring to in the first paragraph. The second, though, I see what you mean for armor; however, syndicate operatives already use syndicate weapons

You say it would conflict with lore, and I'm not seeing how. At all. These are ONLY suits of armor that can be worn by Non-Tenno.

And yes, I agree. I literally said:

9 minutes ago, Rehtael7 said:

and maybe let them use their Syndicate specific weapons. 

Yes please. Seeing the same old grey jumpsuit is just... Lacking. Maybe you could fit a shield generator on it. Maybe. That's about it. Not to mention the lato that sortie defense operatives get. Might as well say "Here my minions, go do battle in thine nightgown. I bestoweth upon thee the cheapest weapon I can procure".