Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Massive Network Lag Ever Since 8.1?

PiePi

Has anyone else had this problem?

- Ever since 8.1 was released, over 80-90% of the pugs I join have unplayable amounts of network lag.  I am not talking about 500ms response times, but rather in seconds...  Enemies and players constantly stop moving to run in place for a few seconds then all appear somewhere else, constantly lag warping across the map.  The lag is most apparent in Ceres-Kiste with is also being very bad in just about every endless defense map.

I doubt I just have such horrible luck that almost every pug I join has a host with internet speeds from the early 90's.  I have consistently been rechecking my network over and over again just to make sure there is no problem on my end.  My speeds and ping are fine (12ms ping, 26Mb/7Mb connection, upload isn't the greatest but more than enough for this game), the correct ports are open with udp.  Tested multiple other programs/games, all have no network lag.

Prior to the latest major patch the chances of joining a host with godawful lag wasn't nearly this bad (maybe 1 out of 10?).  As it doesn't appear to be an issue with my end, I can only assume the patch brought about a bug with network communication?  This happening to anyone else? 

I've seen this issue a bunch as well.  Usually only when there are four players in a mission though.  If there are three, not a problem.  Maybe a little lag very rarely, but with four... Suddenly things become almost unplayable.

Net protocol of this game suck balls. It's not about 8.1, that was always.

I agree it has always been an issue, but I never had such a issue with it until 8.1, I am not suggesting that the net issues are new... just worse now